Auto discharge. No change
428 16 2-22 11:05
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
P.K.N.E.C
lvl.2
Flight distance : 7566 ft

United Kingdom

OK all, I followed all the advice from my previous post regarding auto discharge but nothing has changed. (Reloaded the firmware through WiFi and the PC software)
They are still showing full charge after weeks of being charged.
Due to the very poor weather I've not been able to fly so I can't even deplete the charge by using the aircraft.
Is there anything else I could try. Apart from waiting for the weather to pickup.
Cheers Paul

2-22 11:05
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

If you bought the Fly More Combo you can put the batteries in the charging hub and use it as a power bank to charge your mobile phone, the remote controller or some other battery powered device.  
2-22 15:22
Use props
Zarni66
lvl.2

United Kingdom

My batteries since the last update are the same, they won’t discharge at all, all updated fully but nothing, I will do the tip from DowntownRDB to discharge via using the hub as a battery bank later.
2-22 19:48
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. Please note that the DJI Air 3 battery comes with an auto-discharging function however, we cannot set when the auto-discharge begins. With the latest aircraft firmware of the DJI Air 3, it does support new self-discharge logic:

Stage 1: When the battery level is higher than 97%, set the self-discharge duration at stage 1 to 3 days and discharge the battery to 96%. Operating the power button does not affect self-discharge.
Stage 2: When the battery level is higher than 70%, set the self-discharge duration at stage 2 to 9 days and discharge the battery to at least 60%. Operating the power button causes the self-discharge duration to be recounted.
Stage 3: When the battery level is lower than 70%, the self-discharge feature is disabled.

You may install the battery on the aircraft and link all the components then check the DJI app if the percentage is still the same. Hope this helps.
2-22 22:27
Use props
P.K.N.E.C
lvl.2

United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 2-22 15:22
If you bought the Fly More Combo you can put the batteries in the charging hub and use it as a power bank to charge your mobile phone, the remote controller or some other battery powered device.

Good call.
2-23 00:01
Use props
P.K.N.E.C
lvl.2

United Kingdom

Zarni66 Posted at 2-22 19:48
My batteries since the last update are the same, they won’t discharge at all, all updated fully but nothing, I will do the tip from DowntownRDB to discharge via using the hub as a battery bank later.

Nice one
2-23 00:02
Use props
P.K.N.E.C
lvl.2

United Kingdom

DJI Paladin Posted at 2-22 22:27
Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. Please note that the DJI Air 3 battery comes with an auto-discharging function however, we cannot set when the auto-discharge begins. With the latest aircraft firmware of the DJI Air 3, it does support new self-discharge logic:

Stage 1: When the battery level is higher than 97%, set the self-discharge duration at stage 1 to 3 days and discharge the battery to 96%. Operating the power button does not affect self-discharge.

Thanks for your reply.
The batteries have been left for weeks now, not days and theyre still showing full charge.
Ill use the charging hub as a power bank for now.
Hopefully soon, there will be a permanent soloution.
2-23 00:05
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Just trying to help where I can.  Hope you have a great day and upcoming weekend.
2-23 04:10
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

P.K.N.E.C Posted at 2-23 00:05
Thanks for your reply.
The batteries have been left for weeks now, not days and theyre still showing full charge.
Ill use the charging hub as a power bank for now.

Thank you for keeping us posted. Please keep us posted soon after trying to use the Charging hub as storage and see whether the issue persists. We appreciate your understanding and support.
2-23 23:27
Use props
Mobilehomer
First Officer
Flight distance : 18135846 ft
United States

DJI Paladin Posted at 2-23 23:27
Thank you for keeping us posted. Please keep us posted soon after trying to use the Charging hub as storage and see whether the issue persists. We appreciate your understanding and support.

Something to keep in mind, every time you check your batteries, the discharge cycle begins anew. Let them sit for a week before checking.
2-24 07:11
Use props
Zarni66
lvl.2

United Kingdom

Mobilehomer Posted at 2-24 07:11
Something to keep in mind, every time you check your batteries, the discharge cycle begins anew. Let them sit for a week before checking.

I searched the manual and found nothing saying checking the battery will reset the discharge cycle, but I did find the info online on a DJI enterprise drone page.
Unless I missed the info in my manual somewhere why isn’t this information written in bold in the battery section as when I updated my batteries I wanted to check that the discharge cycle was working ok so would have pressed the battery check button not realising that that would reset it.
This isn’t aimed at you Mobilehomer, but to DJI.
Did I miss the info in the manual? That would be a me problem, if I didn’t that’s a DJI problem as because it my batteries were 100% charged for weeks on end, not good.
2-24 15:17
Use props
P.K.N.E.C
lvl.2

United Kingdom

Zarni66 Posted at 2-24 15:17
I searched the manual and found nothing saying checking the battery will reset the discharge cycle, but I did find the info online on a DJI enterprise drone page.
Unless I missed the info in my manual somewhere why isn’t this information written in bold in the battery section as when I updated my batteries I wanted to check that the discharge cycle was working ok so would have pressed the battery check button not realising that that would reset it.
This isn’t aimed at you Mobilehomer, but to DJI.
Like Zarni ,I too haven't seen anything about the battery switch resetting the discharge timer and if it does, make it clearer for people to read or include a proper explanation in the charge station video.
But due to the lack of information i have had batteries at full charge for way to long.
But as a temporary measure I have used it as a power bank for my tablet, phones and anything else i can charge and got the batts down to half charge.
2-25 12:31
Use props
P.K.N.E.C
lvl.2

United Kingdom

Just a quick update.
I have now flown at long last and taken the batteries down to 20% and recharged them hoping this might have reset the discharge timer.
But there has been no change in the auto discharge function.
I've contacted the retailer who suggested the discharge through flying may reset the function but it hasn't  but they have also contacted DJI  direct to ask their advice.
So I'll keep you posted as regards an outcome
3-23 13:13
Use props
djiuser_1Xk6LosBlijC
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2060043 ft
Poland

I also have a problem with the automatic battery discharge in my air3.  But for me, when the batteries are in the hub, they don't discharge themselves.  But as soon as I take them out of the hub, after a few days they are discharged to about 70%
3-27 18:28
Use props
P.K.N.E.C
lvl.2

United Kingdom

djiuser_1Xk6LosBlijC Posted at 3-27 18:28
I also have a problem with the automatic battery discharge in my air3.  But for me, when the batteries are in the hub, they don't discharge themselves.  But as soon as I take them out of the hub, after a few days they are discharged to about 70%

Thats great. Thanks for the feedback.
3-27 20:51
Use props
SmartBones
lvl.1

Italy

Monitor your batteries clously in time when finish charging. Note if in time after 25-30 cycles, the upper limit, that must always be 4.25, begins to be lower. like 4.23, then 4.20, then 4.17 and so on. Thank you all.
3-29 16:41
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi there. The Air 3 supports new self-discharge logic
Stage 2: When the battery level is higher than 70%, set the self-discharge duration at stage 2 to 9 days and discharge the battery to at least 60%. Operating the power button causes the self-discharge duration to be recounted.
Stage 3: When the battery level is lower than 70%, the self-discharge feature is disabled.
Have a great day ahead.
3-29 21:20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules