312 10 2-22 14:56
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
asiangear
lvl.3
Flight distance : 11308691 ft
  • >>>
United States

I have one waypoint  mission that I fly on my mavic 3 pro and air 3 both without issues. I just got. A mini 4 pro and tried to fly the same mission but it would always RTH right after the 4 th waypoint in the mission. I have signal loss to continue with the mission. Not sure Why it is RTH for no reason?  Altitude is well above any potential obstacles and the mavic 3 pro and air 3 have no problems flying the whole mission.

Max distance is also set to no limit.
2-22 14:56
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

If you've set your drone to continue the mission on loss of signal. the issue is probably that the drone is getting too far from the homepoint and initiating Low Battery RTH.
Your recorded flight data would confirm if this is the case.
2-22 17:40
Use props
asiangear
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

Labroides Posted at 2-22 17:40
If you've set your drone to continue the mission on loss of signal. the issue is probably that the drone is getting too far from the homepoint and initiating Low Battery RTH.
Your recorded flight data would confirm if this is the case.
In my case battery was at 90% and I was only 4000ft away. Definitely not a “enough battery range” RTH

There is no authorization zones or tfr where I am flying. It’s always the same exact spot where it would trigger RTH. I watch the footage I recorded from the aircraft
2-22 19:35
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we do apologize for the trouble. Can you please try to connect the aircraft and remote controller to DJI Assistant 2 software and please update/refresh the firmware to further isolate the issue? Also, please confirm if you are using the DJI RC 2 or DJI RC-N2 with your DJI Mini 4 Pro. Please keep us posted. Thank you.
2-22 20:51
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

asiangear Posted at 2-22 19:35
In my case battery was at 90% and I was only 4000ft away. Definitely not a “enough battery range” RTH

There is no authorization zones or tfr where I am flying. It’s always the same exact spot where it would trigger RTH. I watch the footage I recorded from the aircraft

Your recorded flight data might have some clues.
2-22 21:53
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 12225059 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Hi,

if you like upload your flightlog for this issue

use this link > https://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/Upload/
Post the upoaded link on here.

Log might explain why it performs a RTH.

chees
JJB
2-23 01:59
Use props
Serg SSA
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 6406329 ft
  • >>>
Russia

asiangear Posted at 2-22 19:35
In my case battery was at 90% and I was only 4000ft away. Definitely not a “enough battery range” RTH

In this case, the simplest thing is to create a NEW mission and check.
2-24 00:12
Use props
PietPompies
lvl.2
Flight distance : 145315 ft

South Africa

+1 on this issue - I have noticed the same problem. I have found that if I turn obstacle avoidance off, then the RTH does not happen half way through the flight where it repeatedly happens - but it leaves me a bit uncomfortable to turn obstacle avoidance off. This unwanted RTH also happen roughly at the same place when flying the mission, even thou it is well clear of anything which can be deemed an obstacle. Not sure if sun interference or reflection could possibly trigger the obstacle avoidance perhaps? All firmware are latest versions.
2-28 06:33
Use props
Wagyank
lvl.1
Flight distance : 145636 ft
United States

Did you happen to set waypoint 4 to return to home?  Worth a check.
3-2 09:27
Use props
asiangear
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

Dirty Bird Posted at 2-28 09:15
By default the drone aborts the mission & hovers if it detects an obstacle, though I have requested this be changed to "engage RTH" instead as that makes more sense.  RTH should also be the default behavior if the drone runs into an NFZ or restricted zone limitation (zone and/or altitude).  I ran the long missions below with OA enabled & experieced no issues.

Where the setting for RTH if it runs into Nfz or authorization blue zone?  I had it get stuck during a mission with the blue authorization zone. It’s weird because the blue authorization zone appeared after I took off and started the mission and the drone was halfway through its mission but couldn’t continue or RTH because the home point turned blue zone
3-2 14:42
Use props
fanse8b8923b
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

Wagyank Posted at 3-2 09:27
Did you happen to set waypoint 4 to return to home?  Worth a check.

yeah, the waypoints weren't set to RTH.  I don't think that's even an option for waypoint settings, or at least I couldn't find an option to tell it to RTH as a waypoint.

I refreshed my firmware and that seemed to fix the issue.  After refreshing the firmware, it flew the whole mission without issue.  I also didn't alter the saved waypoint mission either.  I just ran it again after the refresh.  So weird
3-2 15:36
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules