Mini 4 Pro RC screen freezing
249 7 2-22 16:35
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
SPACECADET2U
lvl.2

United States

Any help out there on why my RC screen keeps freezing up like this?  Still responds to control with sticks, but can't see where I'm at and have to use RTH to get it back.

Frozen

Frozen

2-22 16:35
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. We do apologize for the trouble. Can you please confirm if the freezing only occurs during flying? If the said issue happens very often also without flying the unit, I'm afraid that you may consider sending the remote controller in for proper diagnostics. You may submit a ticket case at https://repair.dji.com/repair/index . Also, the warranty can be applied depending on the damage assessment and the warranty period of the unit. We appreciate your understanding.
2-22 20:35
Use props
SPACECADET2U
lvl.2

United States

DJI Paladin Posted at 2-22 20:35
Hi there. We do apologize for the trouble. Can you please confirm if the freezing only occurs during flying? If the said issue happens very often also without flying the unit, I'm afraid that you may consider sending the remote controller in for proper diagnostics. You may submit a ticket case at https://repair.dji.com/repair/index . Also, the warranty can be applied depending on the damage assessment and the warranty period of the unit. We appreciate your understanding.

It has frozen a still image while preparing for take off on 2-3 occasions.  If I restart both the drone and RC it works again, but then will freeze a still photo while in flight.  Only recently has it started this pink line frozen screen.  I have another topic on this posted in the Mini 4 section of this forum.  I have been asked to confirm firmware versions.  I will do that later this morning and reply.

Please continue to help, I purchased this Mini 4 pro in late December and it has only seen 10-12 short missions.  No accidents or rough handling, etc.
2-23 05:18
Use props
Mobilehomer
First Officer
Flight distance : 18135846 ft
United States

SPACECADET2U Posted at 2-23 05:18
It has frozen a still image while preparing for take off on 2-3 occasions.  If I restart both the drone and RC it works again, but then will freeze a still photo while in flight.  Only recently has it started this pink line frozen screen.  I have another topic on this posted in the Mini 4 section of this forum.  I have been asked to confirm firmware versions.  I will do that later this morning and reply.

Please continue to help, I purchased this Mini 4 pro in late December and it has only seen 10-12 short missions.  No accidents or rough handling, etc.

Time for either warranty replacement of the RC or return of whole package for exchange.
2-23 06:48
Use props
SPACECADET2U
lvl.2

United States

DJI Paladin Posted at 2-22 20:35
Hi there. We do apologize for the trouble. Can you please confirm if the freezing only occurs during flying? If the said issue happens very often also without flying the unit, I'm afraid that you may consider sending the remote controller in for proper diagnostics. You may submit a ticket case at https://repair.dji.com/repair/index . Also, the warranty can be applied depending on the damage assessment and the warranty period of the unit. We appreciate your understanding.

Hello again, so there was a firmware update available.  I installed it and flew for 5 - 10 minutes and the problem seems ok now.  I will continue to update this thread if I have more problems.

2-23 07:54
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

SPACECADET2U Posted at 2-23 07:54
Hello again, so there was a firmware update available.  I installed it and flew for 5 - 10 minutes and the problem seems ok now.  I will continue to update this thread if I have more problems.

[view_image]

Thank you for keeping us posted. We're glad that he has managed to isolate the issue after doing the firmware update. Please note that you can also download and install the firmware using software called DJI Assistant 2 installed on your computer. You can use this software to check the firmware on both your aircraft and controller to ensure that you are using the latest version. You may download it using the link below. Feel free to contact us if you have further inquiries. Have a nice day!

https://www.dji.com/global/downl ... sumer-drones-series
2-24 00:19
Use props
SPACECADET2U
lvl.2

United States

DJI Paladin Posted at 2-24 00:19
Thank you for keeping us posted. We're glad that he has managed to isolate the issue after doing the firmware update. Please note that you can also download and install the firmware using software called DJI Assistant 2 installed on your computer. You can use this software to check the firmware on both your aircraft and controller to ensure that you are using the latest version. You may download it using the link below. Feel free to contact us if you have further inquiries. Have a nice day!

https://www.dji.com/global/downloads/softwares/dji-assistant-2-consumer-drones-series

Thank you for that!
2-24 18:25
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

You are very much welcome. Please contact us back if you need further assistance. Happy flying always!
2-29 03:23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules