No flying today
203 3 2-22 16:35
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
britbloke77
New
United States

To the makers of the DJI. With the small amount of free time I have I want to enjoy it, not spend it going in circles having to research one error message after another.
I bought a DJI Mini 2 and thought i'd try it simple first with no cell phone, just turn it and the controller on and fly, like I used to do with RC vehicles,
but no.
So I tried it with my cell. I downloaded the app, then was told I had to update firmware. Then it said firmware mismatch. I researched it and a suggestion said I had to update the battery firmware too, but I dont see where to do that? Then another suggestion said to remove the SD card. Then I went to the park with my kids to fly and it gave another error message saying no SD card. Why does it need one to fly? Then I had a no GPS error. Then the propellers started to turn without me even touching the controller, then it stopped, and I could not get it going again. After half an hour I gave up, and my kids looked disapointed. Now I'm on here spending more time to try more things, when I just want the option to keep it simple, charge the battery turn it on and off you go.

2-22 16:35
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we do apologize for the inconvenience. We can perform the firmware update of the DJI Mini 2 and its controller via software called DJI Assistant 2. Please download the software using the link below and please update both aircraft and controller then check if there are changes with the issue. In addition, make sure to have a test flight in an open area away from any possible interference. Lastly, the DJI Mini 2 SE does not have Internal storage therefore, it needs to have an SD card for you to take high-resolution photos and videos. Please keep us posted on your issue so we can help you further. Thank you for your cooperation.

https://www.dji.com/global/downl ... sumer-drones-series
2-22 20:27
Use props
britbloke77
New
United States

DJI Paladin Posted at 2-22 20:27
Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we do apologize for the inconvenience. We can perform the firmware update of the DJI Mini 2 and its controller via software called DJI Assistant 2. Please download the software using the link below and please update both aircraft and controller then check if there are changes with the issue. In addition, make sure to have a test flight in an open area away from any possible interference. Lastly, the DJI Mini 2 SE does not have Internal storage therefore, it needs to have an SD card for you to take high-resolution photos and videos. Please keep us posted on your issue so we can help you further. Thank you for your cooperation.

https://www.dji.com/global/downloads/softwares/dji-assistant-2-consumer-drones-series

I have the software but were on it do i update the firmware for the controller, and do i have to have an sd card to take off?
2-25 05:58
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

britbloke77 Posted at 2-25 05:58
I have the software but were on it do i update the firmware for the controller, and do i have to have an sd card to take off?

Thank you for your response. Please note that you can take photos or videos without a microSD card however, the videos/photos you take will be in a lower resolution (720p) and it is recommended to install a microSD card before flying. To check the recommended SD card for the unit, please see the image below. Hope this helps.
2-29 03:33
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules