2-23 02:51
Use props
D35Archangel
lvl.4
Flight distance : 291345 ft
Brunei

DAFlys Posted at 2-23 02:51
Beautiful flight.

Thank you. I enjoyed this flight skimming the tree tops into the mists and into the sunlit clouds.
2-23 04:51
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Nicely done.  Looks like you had a great time surfing the tree tops.  
2-23 13:07
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

D35Archangel Posted at 2-23 04:51
Thank you. I enjoyed this flight skimming the tree tops into the mists and into the sunlit clouds.

You're very welcome.
2-24 01:04
Use props
D35Archangel
lvl.4
Brunei

Thought I would add the Horizon locked version. Some people seem to like this but I prefer the fpv version. What are your thoughts?
2-24 23:16
Use props
D35Archangel
lvl.4
Brunei

And this version is real-time flight.
2-24 23:18
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Very nice to see!
3-13 00:51
Use props
GTHero
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1832372 ft
Australia

Well done.  Looks like a watercolour painting.  I prefer the 'banking' version, although the flat-horizon version is not too bad.  The extra cropping is noticeable.
We're getting to know your backyard quite well - I presume you live somewhere in that valley?  I wonder if the neighbours have figured out what that strange early-morning buzzing noise is? :-)
3-13 02:59
Use props
D35Archangel
lvl.4
Brunei

GTHero Posted at 3-13 02:59
Well done.  Looks like a watercolour painting.  I prefer the 'banking' version, although the flat-horizon version is not too bad.  The extra cropping is noticeable.
We're getting to know your backyard quite well - I presume you live somewhere in that valley?  I wonder if the neighbours have figured out what that strange early-morning buzzing noise is? :-)

Thank you. Yeah i prefer a more fantasy look these days for something different.

Yeah I live at the start of the valley. That area I flew over is a popular hiking trial and we are in the middle of a dry season. The top of the hill was recently burnt the night before and I just wanted to have a look just in case the rest burnt too. Luckily it didnt. The Avata is really a great drone for these kinds of flights. I probably wouldnt dare fly so far and high with a non-DJI drone. The on-board camera seems perfectly capable as long as we set the right settings and leeway for the exposures.

A lot of the neighbours know. A lot of the households are in a community whatsapp group I started in 2017 from the front to the end and I do a few of these flights in different areas and share within the group. Most have never seen what their homes and surroundings look like from the sky in the area so most are happy and have no issues. Ive had people send me messages when they hear the Avata flying over them asking if it was me. I have other videos of other areas in my youtube at different times of the day.

Havent had much time to fly these days and sometimes when I do, the weather is gloomy or clouds are too thick to fly safely. Everything is all about timing.

3-13 03:52
Use props
D35Archangel
lvl.4
Brunei

Thank you. Hope to produce more.
3-13 03:52
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

D35Archangel Posted at 3-13 03:52
Thank you. Hope to produce more.

You're welcome. That would be nice!
3-13 03:55
Use props
GTHero
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1832372 ft
Australia

D35Archangel Posted at 3-13 03:52
Thank you. Yeah i prefer a more fantasy look these days for something different.

Yeah I live at the start of the valley. That area I flew over is a popular hiking trial and we are in the middle of a dry season. The top of the hill was recently burnt the night before and I just wanted to have a look just in case the rest burnt too. Luckily it didnt. The Avata is really a great drone for these kinds of flights. I probably wouldnt dare fly so far and high with a non-DJI drone. The on-board camera seems perfectly capable as long as we set the right settings and leeway for the exposures.

You're lucky to have such flying opportunities so close to home.  And what a great idea to include the neighbours in a WhatsApp group.

One of the drawbacks I've noticed with the Avata, particularly when flying above mountainous terrain, is how the wide field of view distorts the image - effectively flattening out contours.  Flying low, the warping effect of the wide angle is immersive and fast-paced.  Unfortunately, that same 'stretching' takes away some of the scenic grandeur in the hills and valleys.
3-13 15:58
Use props
D35Archangel
lvl.4
Brunei

GTHero Posted at 3-13 15:58
You're lucky to have such flying opportunities so close to home.  And what a great idea to include the neighbours in a WhatsApp group.

One of the drawbacks I've noticed with the Avata, particularly when flying above mountainous terrain, is how the wide field of view distorts the image - effectively flattening out contours.  Flying low, the warping effect of the wide angle is immersive and fast-paced.  Unfortunately, that same 'stretching' takes away some of the scenic grandeur in the hills and valleys.

Yeah that's true. The distortion works great for nap of the earth flights but the barrel effect starts becoming distracting when the horizon comes into view. Imagine Avata 3.0 with a 24mm and a 50mm recording both so you can cut between the two.

There is another area on the other end of the valley from me with hills and a large lake that overlooks the bay which i hope to fly over one day. Need to find sufficient elevation and LOS to take off from. Should look good captured just a bit after sunrise with some low level fog.
3-14 02:32
Use props
SnowSkier Pilot
lvl.4
  • >>>
Portugal

Didn't like the image quality...very poor...
Were you using ND Filter? Which one?
3-16 04:01
Use props
D35Archangel
lvl.4
Brunei

SnowSkier Pilot Posted at 3-16 04:01
Didn't like the image quality...very poor...
Were you using ND Filter? Which one?

DJI will be so disappointed.

The image quality has nothing to do with the ND. It is because of sensor sensitivity shifts as the drone transitions from the shadows behind the hills and the sun above. I think what you are referring to is the noise from higher ISO when the drone is in the shadows. Flying FPV isn't so much about taking pictures, its about the flying experience.

Thank you for your opinion.

Using JSR ND+PL filters.
3-16 04:54
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules