Daft Question
295 8 2-23 02:45
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
ChrisNDSFB
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Hi
So i am currently getting into mapping, mainly rivers etc and this is done in the far North Highlands, i am using a Mavic 3E with RC controller and dji 2 app.
My question is, when i am executing the mapping route how do i regain control manually in case of an emergency, planes, helicopters etc are a law unto themselves here especially in remote locations. May be a daft question but i want to make sure there no mishaps.

Thanks in advance

2-23 02:45
Use props
ChrisNDSFB
lvl.2
United Kingdom

should say its the RC pro controller
2-23 02:45
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, ChrisNDSFB. Thank you for reaching out. Let me forward your concern to our relevant team for further checking. We'll get back to you once we receive feedback from them.
2-23 03:53
Use props
Johnnokomis
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 13349895 ft
  • >>>
United States

The screen has a pause button on the top left corner. The RC also has a physical pause button. Holding the RTH button will stop the mission and return to home. Keep in mind that this will first gain altitude to whatever your RTH altitude is set at before coming home. So may be a bad option if a manned aircraft is nearby.
2-23 04:31
Use props
ChrisNDSFB
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Johnnokomis Posted at 2-23 04:31
The screen has a pause button on the top left corner. The RC also has a physical pause button. Holding the RTH button will stop the mission and return to home. Keep in mind that this will first gain altitude to whatever your RTH altitude is set at before coming home. So may be a bad option if a manned aircraft is nearby.

Thanks John, just wanted make sure i can take back control if required.
2-23 05:10
Use props
CloudVisual
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 97545420 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

One method which hasn't been mentioned is to switch flight modes on your controller. Just click the main slider above the screen to another setting and then back to where it was. You will then have control.

Just picking up on part of your original comment "planes, helicopters etc are a law unto themselves here especially in remote locations".

They aren't a law unto themselves, they actually have their own specific law which you must follow.

There is a large area covering the majority of the area which prohibits drone flights when active via NOTAM. If you're flying a drone in the area when military aircraft are flying during low flying manoeuvres, you're breaking the law. During this time, jets are permitted down to 200ft and helicopters have no minimum altitude.

If you're flying a drone when this NOTAM is active, YOU are a law unto yourself!

2-23 06:59
Use props
ChrisNDSFB
lvl.2
United Kingdom

CloudVisual Posted at 2-23 06:59
One method which hasn't been mentioned is to switch flight modes on your controller. Just click the main slider above the screen to another setting and then back to where it was. You will then have control.

Just picking up on part of your original comment "planes, helicopters etc are a law unto themselves here especially in remote locations".

Thank you..forgive my turn of phrase....yes there is  large area marked in orange/amber in the area i wish to fly, it covers most of my area to be fair...i am struggling a bit to understand the notams if i am honest and i dont want to break any laws or be a hazard.
2-25 04:23
Use props
CloudVisual
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 97545420 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

ChrisNDSFB Posted at 2-25 04:23
Thank you..forgive my turn of phrase....yes there is  large area marked in orange/amber in the area i wish to fly, it covers most of my area to be fair...i am struggling a bit to understand the notams if i am honest and i dont want to break any laws or be a hazard.

Ok, this is quite concerning if you're operating commercially. I had a look through your post history and you're using this drone for your job so you should have a GVC as a minimum, which covers the importance of the low flying areas and is part of the curriculum to get this qualification.

I need to ask this, but what licence do you currently hold?

Anyway, irrespective of all that, here is the low flying calendar which you need to know:
https://www.gov.uk/government/pu ... -training-timetable

Call Swanwick and always double check if they're flying. 01489 443100. Even if the calendar says no LFA for the day, you should still call them on the day to check.
2-25 07:06
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, ChrisNDSFB. Thank you for patiently waiting. Here's an update from our relevant team:
If the drone is performing a route mission, it can interrupt the mission and resume manual mode by:
1. Simply press the pause button on the remote control to interrupt the route task;
2. In the DJI PILOT 2 APP interface, there is a pause/end button after the task progress in the upper left corner of the route flight;
3. Switching the aircraft mode, such as switching to the sport mode, can interrupt the mission.

Please see the screenshots below:

Method 1

Method 2

Method 3

Hope this helps. Should you need further assistance, please let us know.
2-26 01:22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules