Unveiling Dudley Castle: A Breathtaking Drone Journey
292 21 2-24 09:55
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
MrWolfman
lvl.4
Flight distance : 213583 ft
United Kingdom

Embark on an awe-inspiring aerial adventure as we soar over the historic Dudley Castle, revealing its majestic beauty from a perspective like never before. Join us for a thrilling exploration that will leave you spellbound!

Dudley Castle, situated in the town of Dudley, West Midlands, England, stands as a testament to a bygone era. Initially erected as a wooden motte and bailey castle shortly after the Norman Conquest, it underwent transformation into a formidable stone fortress in the twelfth century. However, the directive of Henry II of England saw its demolition. Reconstruction efforts began in the latter part of the thirteenth century, reaching their zenith with John Dudley overseeing the construction of various edifices within the castle walls. The fortifications faced deliberate destruction during the English Civil War by the order of the Parliament of England, with the residential quarters succumbing to flames in 1750. Subsequently, during the nineteenth and early twentieth centuries, the site hosted festivities and grand spectacles. Today, Dudley Zoo stands proudly on the grounds of this historic castle.

Please like and subscribe if you would like to see more it really helps

#dji #drones #dronephotography #castles
2-24 09:55
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
Flight distance : 6188465 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Great views of the castle. Nicely done.
2-24 15:58
Use props
MrWolfman
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Thank you appreciate it
2-24 16:05
Use props
2sticks
lvl.4
Flight distance : 131355 ft
United States

A once beautiful piece of architecture. Thanks for sharing.
2-24 17:16
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Nicely filmed.    
2-25 06:13
Use props
MrWolfman
lvl.4
United Kingdom

DAFlys Posted at 2-25 06:13
Nicely filmed.

Thank you appreciated
2-25 06:14
Use props
MrWolfman
lvl.4
United Kingdom

No restrictions over dudley castle feel free to check and thanks for watching
2-25 06:20
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

MrWolfman Posted at 2-25 06:14
Thank you appreciated

You're very welcome.
2-25 06:34
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Splendid views of the old castle.    Very nicely flown and filmed.
2-25 07:51
Use props
MrWolfman
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Thank you really do appreciate it
2-25 07:51
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

They found a good place for that castle back then.
Nicely captured!
3-13 23:44
Use props
macjan2023
lvl.3
Flight distance : 221056 ft
Poland

beautiful castle, what about the birds?, weren't they interested in the intruder drone?
3-14 00:12
Use props
Blackbuckone
lvl.4
Flight distance : 68967 ft
United Kingdom

MrWolfman Posted at 2-25 06:20
No restrictions over dudley castle feel free to check and thanks for watching

Nice videos.....BUT....I think you better check more.

It's a protected monument by the state, and therefore it's illegal to fly over a castle or protected building like this in the UK without permission.

You can fly around them, as you did very nicely, but not over them.

I do this all the time and it's what I brought my drone for, but I always fly around them, never over them unless I have the permission of the owner.

Cheers
3-15 11:12
Use props
MrWolfman
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Blackbuckone Posted at 3-15 11:12
Nice videos.....BUT....I think you better check more.

It's a protected monument by the state, and therefore it's illegal to fly over a castle or protected building like this in the UK without permission.

mmm interesting can you show me where is says this please as it does not mention this here
https://register-drones.caa.co.uk/drone-code/where-you-can-fly
3-15 11:22
Use props
MrWolfman
lvl.4
United Kingdom

and thanks for watching too btw appreciate it
3-15 11:22
Use props
Blackbuckone
lvl.4
United Kingdom

MrWolfman Posted at 3-15 11:22
mmm interesting can you show me where is says this please as it does not mention this here
https://register-drones.caa.co.uk/drone-code/where-you-can-fly

The authority to restrict drone flights comes under Section 19 of the Ancient Monuments and Archaeological Areas Act of 1979.

If it doesn't have one in place at Dudley, it soon will if you fly over it with people inside.

Did you ask the owners permission ?

You can not fly over any monuments under the care of CADW, English Heritage and National Trust without prior permission, and the more people who do this without, the sooner no fly zones will be put up around them like they now have at Stonehenge.

This my hobby, photographing castles and old medival abbeys etc on the ground and now from the air, and I am always careful not to infringe upon the sites. I am also not trying to have a go, I'm just trying to protect drone flying at these pleces, as opposed to seeing us totally banned from sites like this if everyone starts doing it, especially when people are inside as they were for you.

Scotland are having legal arguments over it right now, and I can see a ban coming there due to all the people flying directly, and close, over the castles etc and posting them up on Instagram etc

Cheers
3-15 13:52
Use props
MrWolfman
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Can you show me where it says cannot fly over with a 249g drone as it does not show restrictions
3-15 13:59
Use props
Blackbuckone
lvl.4
United Kingdom

MrWolfman Posted at 3-15 13:59
Can you show me where it says cannot fly over with a 249g drone as it does not show restrictions

You didn't answer my question....

Did you obtain permission from the owners of the castle, the Zoo, to fly over it ?

It is private land and this must be obtained particularly having people and even animals inside at the time.

If you didn't get permission from the owner then your flight over the castle was not legal, and as I noted before if this sort of thing continues it will see blanket no fly zones put in place over all these monuments, stopping even responsible drone flyers from flying around them.

The other consideration is statutory bodies such as Local Authorities, many of which have established local byelaws, and these byelaws often restrict the take-off/landing of drones from council land.

Please try and understand this in future.

Cheers
3-16 06:31
Use props
MrWolfman
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Blackbuckone Posted at 3-16 06:31
You didn't answer my question....

Did you obtain permission from the owners of the castle, the Zoo, to fly over it ?

Yes I had all required legal permissions and also insurance which I don’t actually need but have it anyway and registration

That all ok
3-16 06:33
Use props
Blackbuckone
lvl.4
United Kingdom

MrWolfman Posted at 3-16 06:33
Yes I had all required legal permissions and also insurance which I don’t actually need but have it anyway and registration

That all ok

So you asked the castle owners did you, and they gave you permission to fly over it ?
3-16 06:37
Use props
MrWolfman
lvl.4
United Kingdom

As I said I had all the legal requirements and authority  
3-16 06:38
Use props
Blackbuckone
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Blackbuckone Posted at 3-16 06:37
So you asked the castle owners did you, and they gave you permission to fly over it ?

So from, "No restrictions over dudley castle feel free.... "

Suddenly when challenged repeatedly you apparently had permission, although you haven't actually acknowleged this yet and somehow I don't believe you did get permission.

If challenged by a police officer, was it written or verbal permission you had from the Zoo ?

I very much get the impression you are trying to convince yourself that what you did was alright and was perfectly legal, when in fact you didn't have permission and it isn't alright, you flew directly over a protected monument which was on private property without permission, and with people wanding around inside.

Rest assured a blanket ban is on the horizon at these places.
3-16 09:49
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules