Unable to select H.264 and videos no longer play
578 15 2-24 10:13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DJIDronePete
lvl.2
Flight distance : 14360 ft
United Kingdom

When I got my Mini 3 Pro earlier in the week I set the video format to H.264 (as it is more compatible). The video from my first flights yesterday was H.264 but the second for some reason then recorded in H.265. Today's also recorded in H.265 and won't play from the DJI Album. Today when I go into settings, there is no option to select H.264. I have MP4 selected for the file type.

Why can I no longer select H.264? I am disappointed that today's videos won't play. Maybe they will when I get home and can transfer them to a computer, but that is not acceptable to me.

2-24 10:13
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hello, there. Sorry for the inconvenience that it may cause you. Would it be possible for you to upload a screen recording showing the problem? Moreover, the H.265 coding format has higher requirements for computer configurations or software. The default players on some computer systems or ordinary web players are unable to play H.265 videos. Some users may be under the impression that there is an error with the video. I hope to hear from you soon.
2-24 21:43
Use props
Outpost6E
lvl.4
Germany

I ran into the same problem a while ago.
The H.264 option suddenly vanished after choosing the cinelike mode.
It turned out that I had to refresh the firmware twice with DJI assistant 2 for H.264 to reappear.
2-25 00:34
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Did you change the frame rate or colour profile some are only available in H265.
2-25 06:12
Use props
DJIDronePete
lvl.2
United Kingdom

DJI Gamora Posted at 2-24 21:43
Hello, there. Sorry for the inconvenience that it may cause you. Would it be possible for you to upload a screen recording showing the problem? Moreover, the H.265 coding format has higher requirements for computer configurations or software. The default players on some computer systems or ordinary web players are unable to play H.265 videos. Some users may be under the impression that there is an error with the video. I hope to hear from you soon.

Hi, Here's a screenshot of the settings page where as you can see there is no possibility to change between H.264 and H.265 .

What is more confusing is that today's two flights recorded in H.264 mode. This screenshot was taken after the first flight!
2-25 12:46
Use props
DJIDronePete
lvl.2
United Kingdom

DAFlys Posted at 2-25 06:12
Did you change the frame rate or colour profile some are only available in H265.

I thought I had it set to 4k, 50fps. Is there a list of compatibility between settings and capture modes?
Strangely today it did record in H.264 and I am certain I didn't change anything from yesterday to today.

Checking my recordings, I have used the following settings
H.264 - 1280x720, 30fps
H.264 - 1280x720, 25fps (most are this setting)

Even more bizarrely, today the recordings that I made yesterday now claim to be H.264 and they will play (yesterday they claimed to be H.265 and would not play!).
2-25 13:18
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DJIDronePete Posted at 2-25 13:18
I thought I had it set to 4k, 50fps. Is there a list of compatibility between settings and capture modes?
Strangely today it did record in H.264 and I am certain I didn't change anything from yesterday to today.

IIRC 50fps is too high for h264.     If you can stuck you can always decode them with handbrake.fr to h264.
2-26 00:46
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

DJIDronePete Posted at 2-25 12:46
Hi, Here's a screenshot of the settings page where as you can see there is no possibility to change between H.264 and H.265 [view_image].

What is more confusing is that today's two flights recorded in H.264 mode. This screenshot was taken after the first flight!

Thanks for the screenshot, DJIDronePete. Based on your previous post, you are now able to record H.264. Can you please confirm if the issue has been solved?
2-28 07:20
Use props
DJIDronePete
lvl.2
United Kingdom

DJI Gamora Posted at 2-28 07:20
Thanks for the screenshot, DJIDronePete. Based on your previous post, you are now able to record H.264. Can you please confirm if the issue has been solved?

Well, there is no way to choose (the app states H.265) but then records in H.264 mode. And wierdly videos that one day stated H.265 (after pressing on the i information button as they would not play) the next day had become H.264 and would play.

It would be better if the Camera page allowed me to choose the mode.

I shall be keeping on eye on the recordings to see what they record in and if they play.

So no, it's not really resolved.
2-28 09:32
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

DJIDronePete Posted at 2-28 09:32
Well, there is no way to choose (the app states H.265) but then records in H.264 mode. And wierdly videos that one day stated H.265 (after pressing on the i information button as they would not play) the next day had become H.264 and would play.

It would be better if the Camera page allowed me to choose the mode.

Hi, DJIDronePete. Thank you for the reply. Please set the FPS to 30 or lower in the shooting parameters then you should be able to choose between H.264 or H.265.
3-4 04:00
Use props
DJIDronePete
lvl.2
United Kingdom

DJI Gamora Posted at 3-4 04:00
Hi, DJIDronePete. Thank you for the reply. Please set the FPS to 30 or lower in the shooting parameters then you should be able to choose between H.264 or H.265.

You are right - having changed to 25fps I can indeed select H.264.
Unfortunately they still don't play correctly. In the DJI app, playing them from the album seems to play videos at about half speed. What's still wrong?
3-29 10:35
Use props
DJIDronePete
lvl.2
United Kingdom

DJIDronePete Posted at 3-29 10:35
Unfortunately they still don't play correctly. In the DJI app, playing them from the album seems to play videos at about half speed. What's still wrong?

However on one of my two laptops they do play correctly - it would really be nice though if the DJI app could actually play videos from the drone
3-29 13:58
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

DJIDronePete Posted at 3-29 10:35

Hi there. Can you please share the original video for us to further check?
4-2 18:48
Use props
DJIDronePete
lvl.2
United Kingdom

DJI Gamora Posted at 4-2 18:48
Hi there. Can you please share the original video for us to further check?

Where can I send the video to?
4-2 22:01
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

DJIDronePete Posted at 4-2 22:01
Where can I send the video to?

Please upload the video to a shareable link like Google Drive or Dropbox then please send the link via PM. Thank you.
4-4 03:49
Use props
RAYMARO
lvl.4

Spain

10bit-265,30 FPS a 24FPS.Saludos.
4-4 04:07
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules