Exposure flicker
172 4 2-24 14:32
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans3093c6d9
lvl.1
Mexico

Good day yall,

Question, I have been shooting whales with drones for a couple years.  One thing I notice is that when I am shooting top down of them in the ocean and they make a splash ( Which produces highlights that werrent in frame before ) the sensor appears to try and save or recover the video exposure  by darkening the rest of the vid.  I shoot on manual everything.  I have my white balance, iso, shutter, fstop set to manual but cant seem to reconcile what mechanism is creating this flicker.   

I have posted a short clip of what I am speaking about.  I would love some feedback if anyone has any idea or suggestions.  Shot at 4k 60fps.  With ND 8 polarizer.  at 1/120 SS.  

R

https://youtu.be/r1InIC2Q_eA
2-24 14:32
Use props
BetterBizTech
First Officer
Flight distance : 5009016 ft
  • >>>
United States

Theoretically it shouldn't dothat, butit;s so subtle that if you didn't mention it I wouldn't have noticed.
2-24 16:50
Use props
CloudVisual
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 97545420 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

If you are shooting manually, it shouldn't do this.

I raised an issue a while back with my drone's exposure ticking up and down, but it was for a single frame.

Hopefully you already record your footage with 'subtitles' which is where the drone saves a .SRT file with all your clips. This file will show you the exact metadata for your video and you can check it frame by frame to see if the exposure changed.

Might I suggest that you flash your firmware and hopefully you won't see this happen again. If it does, then you'll have your SRT files to send to DJI to prove that the exposure changes, as your video shows something changed automatically.
2-25 01:16
Use props
fans3093c6d9
lvl.1
Mexico

CloudVisual Posted at 2-25 01:16
If you are shooting manually, it shouldn't do this.

I raised an issue a while back with my drone's exposure ticking up and down, but it was for a single frame.

Thanks for the response.  I will check into that and see if I can start using the SRT files to start checking frame by frame.  

Randy
2-25 06:52
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. May I know what is the firmware version of your drone? I will forward this to the relevant team to check. Thank you very much.
2-26 01:39
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules