Osmo 4 White balance
227 8 2-25 02:35
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
andywillett
lvl.2
United Kingdom

What effect to the cameras white balance, will covering the osmo 4 colour sensor have.?

What lighting conditions would be adversly effected.
Andy

2-25 02:35
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi there, the color temperature sensor is located at the letter “O” on the Action 4 nameplate. Do not cover the letter “O” when holding the camera. With the help of the color temperature sensor, Action 4 can obtain better color temperature performance in complex lighting scenarios. For example, when diving, it can correct the color temperature underwater, so the color temperature will not change when the camera angle changes. In addition, the sensor allows the camera to more accurately detect and reduce the stroboscopic effect in the shooting environment.
2-25 05:58
Use props
ATW
lvl.2
United Kingdom

DJI Mindy Posted at 2-25 05:58
Hi there, the color temperature sensor is located at the letter “O” on the Action 4 nameplate. Do not cover the letter “O” when holding the camera. With the help of the color temperature sensor, Action 4 can obtain better color temperature performance in complex lighting scenarios. For example, when diving, it can correct the color temperature underwater, so the color temperature will not change when the camera angle changes. In addition, the sensor allows the camera to more accurately detect and reduce the stroboscopic effect in the shooting environment.

Hi Thank you for your time
Can I clarify a item.

You mentioned the tilting upwards, that often causes a colour shift in cameras, is that the MAIN  improvement/advantage with the sensor wilst scuba diving?
Im not using the camera in a situation with strobe issues, so that may not be relevant for me in this question.
Ultimately I can take some underwater shots with and with out the sensor and see what happens, ie tilt it etc and compare results.

Kind Regards
Andy

2-25 07:53
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

ATW Posted at 2-25 07:53
Hi Thank you for your time
Can I clarify a item.

Yes, as we explained above, with the help of the color temperature sensor, Action 4 can obtain better color temperature performance in complex lighting scenarios.
2-25 20:26
Use props
ATW
lvl.2
United Kingdom

DJI Mindy Posted at 2-25 20:26
Yes, as we explained above, with the help of the color temperature sensor, Action 4 can obtain better color temperature performance in complex lighting scenarios.

Thank you for your Time to respond
I'm seeking a more technical description to what the sensor does in regard to the AWB algorithm.
I understand, it assists, in complex lighting, but how?, Its not measuring colour as that will come from the scene,  What is it compensating? ie scene overall luminance?
The better I understand the sensor technical  function the better i can push the camera to get the best results.

Can you elaborate further

Kind Regards
2-26 00:49
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

ATW Posted at 2-26 00:49
I'm seeking a more technical description to what the sensor does in regard to the AWB algorithm.
I understand, it assists, in complex lighting, but how?, Its not measuring colour as that will come from the scene,  What is it compensating? ie scene overall luminance?

I see. I will confirm with our engineer and get back to you asap.
2-27 00:36
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

ATW Posted at 2-26 00:49

We have confirmed that the relevant technical details belong to internal information and it is inconvenient to inform, thanks for your understanding!
2-28 02:34
Use props
ATW
lvl.2
United Kingdom

DJI Mindy Posted at 2-28 02:34
We have confirmed that the relevant technical details belong to internal information and it is inconvenient to inform, thanks for your understanding!

That's a shame, even a little more information would be helpful.
2-28 09:32
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

ATW Posted at 2-28 09:32
That's a shame, even a little more information would be helpful.

We are sorry for any inconvenience caused. Thanks for your understanding.
3-1 06:34
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules