409 16 2-25 03:44
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
asiangear
lvl.3
Flight distance : 12077694 ft
  • >>>
United States

There is a glitch with the air 3 when using night mode /w zoom  during a waypoint flight:  If there are any zoom settings for a waypoint  (IE 3x zoom), it would zoom correctly to 3x, but any waypoints  aftewards that have zoom set to 1x, the zoom won't react anymore, thus  leaving the rest of the flight in 3x zoom instead of retruning to 1x  zoom as set during waypoint mission setup.

I  notice this only happens when using night mode and have zoom settings  during waypoint flight.  If I fly in regular video mode, then the zoom  settings will react properly and zoom out after having zoom set to 3x.

2-25 03:44
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, asiangear. Sorry about the trouble. Will it be fine if you post a screenrecording showing the issue for us to further check?  You can upload it to YouTube or Google Drive and then paste the link here. Thank you very much.
2-25 21:53
Use props
asiangear
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

DJI Tony Posted at 2-25 21:53
Hi, asiangear. Sorry about the trouble. Will it be fine if you post a screenrecording showing the issue for us to further check?  You can upload it to YouTube or Google Drive and then paste the link here. Thank you very much.

I'll try to post it, but not sure how useful it will be.  The video will show properly recorded video at 3x zoom, but it's supposed to zoom back out to 1x at certain point but continues to stay at 3x zoom the rest of the mission flight.  I can confirm this is a glitch with night mode only.  If I record video in normal mode, then the zoom will follow the waypoint settings and zoom in and out at the correct time.
2-26 18:03
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

asiangear Posted at 2-26 18:03
I'll try to post it, but not sure how useful it will be.  The video will show properly recorded video at 3x zoom, but it's supposed to zoom back out to 1x at certain point but continues to stay at 3x zoom the rest of the mission flight.  I can confirm this is a glitch with night mode only.  If I record video in normal mode, then the zoom will follow the waypoint settings and zoom in and out at the correct time.

I see.  I'm planning to forward the video to the designated team for them to check. Have you already tried refreshing both the aircraft and remote controller firmware?
2-27 02:22
Use props
Drone.Hunter
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4537612 ft
Kazakhstan

You will show screenshots of waypoint settings.
2-27 05:23
Use props
fanse8b8923b
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

DJI Tony Posted at 2-27 02:22
I see.  I'm planning to forward the video to the designated team for them to check. Have you already tried refreshing both the aircraft and remote controller firmware?

sorry for the delay.  here is the youtube upload of the segment during flight where it zoomed in, but didnt' zoom back out as it should have based on my waypoint setting of 1x zoom.

The comments in the video has two timestamp marks where the zooming started as intended but never zoomed back out to 1x as intended.

3-14 21:13
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Thank you very much. I will forward this to the designated team and will be back soon with an update. I appreciate your patience.
3-16 03:35
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi. Thank you for patiently waiting. If we may request another video, can you send us a screen recording file of the flight process? They need to see the specific waypoint setting parameters. We appreciate your patience and understanding. Have a nice day.
3-18 02:03
Use props
fanse8b8923b
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

DJI Tony Posted at 3-18 02:03
Hi. Thank you for patiently waiting. If we may request another video, can you send us a screen recording file of the flight process? They need to see the specific waypoint setting parameters. We appreciate your patience and understanding. Have a nice day.

E97A9138-2A51-405D-97DD-B9090F0C246C.jpeg
4BBE4CA9-5322-4B36-B9B0-47637B9ADBB6.jpeg
3-21 01:00
Use props
Geo_Drone
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2676129 ft
  • >>>
Romania

Can you try WP8 = 1x, WP9 = 3x and WP10 = 1x ?

In order to see if the glitch is found in WP def.
3-21 01:41
Use props
fanse8b8923b
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

Geo_Drone Posted at 3-21 01:41
Can you try WP8 = 1x, WP9 = 3x and WP10 = 1x ?

In order to see if the glitch is found in WP def.

Yeah I tested that already and it still doesn’t zoom back out to 1x.  This glitch only happens when shooting in night mode. When recording in normal mode, it zooms in and out just fine.  It’s only during night mode when the zoom doesn’t zoom back to 1x
3-21 09:17
Use props
Geo_Drone
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2676129 ft
  • >>>
Romania

fanse8b8923b Posted at 3-21 09:17
Yeah I tested that already and it still doesn’t zoom back out to 1x.  This glitch only happens when shooting in night mode. When recording in normal mode, it zooms in and out just fine.  It’s only during night mode when the zoom doesn’t zoom back to 1x

I see, so this is a bug in code programming as it seems.
DJI need to fix it.

Still, until then my advice is to use in night the HLG mode, 25FPS, 1/25 SS, ISO 1600 or 3200 as the case, not the Night mode.

Will give you a better quality as will preserve some data from highlights.

Will need post processing for noise with Davinci, NEAT, Topaz or any you have.

Cheers.
3-22 00:37
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hello! To record your screen, swipe down twice from the top of your controller screen to access the Quick settings. Next, select the "Record Screen" option:
. After recording, upload the video to YouTube or any file-sharing site like Google Drive and send us the link. Thank you for your patience.
3-23 02:51
Use props
fanse8b8923b
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

DJI Tony Posted at 3-23 02:51
Hello! To record your screen, swipe down twice from the top of your controller screen to access the Quick settings. Next, select the "Record Screen" option:
[view_image]. After recording, upload the video to YouTube or any file-sharing site like Google Drive and send us the link. Thank you for your patience.
Sorry for the delay. What do you want In The screen recording, the actual flight as it is doing the mission?  I fly out of range of the controller for this particular part, so the controller won’t have any info on the screen or video feed.  I only see the issue when I play back the recording from the aircraft memory card. The screenshots I posted are of the settings where it zooms in and supposedly zooms out.   I can also confirm this issue is there in the mini 4 pro as well, so it’s not just the air3. On my mini 4 pro, it would have the same issue of not zooming back out when recording  in night mode during a waypoint mission.
4-3 12:41
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

fanse8b8923b Posted at 4-3 12:41
Sorry for the delay. What do you want In The screen recording, the actual flight as it is doing the mission?  I fly out of range of the controller for this particular part, so the controller won’t have any info on the screen or video feed.  I only see the issue when I play back the recording from the aircraft memory card. The screenshots I posted are of the settings where it zooms in and supposedly zooms out.   I can also confirm this issue is there in the mini 4 pro as well, so it’s not just the air3. On my mini 4 pro, it would have the same issue of not zooming back out when recording  in night mode during a waypoint mission.

Thank you for the update. If I may confirm, does this also occur when the aircraft is within the controller's range when using the Night mode?
4-6 00:32
Use props
fanse8b8923b
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

DJI Tony Posted at 4-6 00:32
Thank you for the update. If I may confirm, does this also occur when the aircraft is within the controller's range when using the Night mode?

I have just tested this out on my air 3 and mini 4 pro right now. Both still have the night mode zoom glitch even when the controller is within range the whole flight.
4-6 00:52
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

fanse8b8923b Posted at 4-6 00:52
I have just tested this out on my air 3 and mini 4 pro right now. Both still have the night mode zoom glitch even when the controller is within range the whole flight.

I see. I sent you a DM, please kindly check your messages. Thank you.
4-6 02:33
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules