214 4 2-25 07:52
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
twilloo
lvl.3
Flight distance : 63510 ft
  • >>>
United States

I have not flown in many years and just got a mini 4 pro. I have been having what they call jello effect video as my footage when I am just hovering is showing very wavy. Any one else having this problem and if so what can be done about it ?  thanks
2-25 07:52
Use props
FabioV
Second Officer
Flight distance : 961437 ft
Italy

Check if the propellers are properly mounted. If they are, open a repair ticket! A Mini 4 Pro should never show a jello effect.
2-25 08:27
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi there. Sorry about the trouble. If the drone has ever crashed or experienced any collisions, we recommend sending the drone for diagnosis. If not, can you please follow  the steps below:
1. Please check whether the ambient temperature during drone operation falls within the operating temperature range provided on our website. Low temperature may cause vibration in the gimbal.
2. Kindly remove the gimbal protector before powering on the aircraft to prevent the gimbal motor from being stuck, or the gimbal will become shaky.
3. Please make sure that the gimbal is in Follow mode. If it is set to FPV mode, the gimbal view will be tilted when the aircraft tilts.
4. Please check whether the aircraft is in Sports mode (S-mode) when the gimbal becomes shaky. In S-mode, greater emphasis is placed on flight performance. During flight, when the aircraft attitude is too large, the gimbal attitude stabilization cannot be guaranteed. If the gimbal is shaky in S-mode only, which is normal, please switch the flight mode of the aircraft to Normal mode (N-mode) or Cine mode (C-mode) to achieve a more stable view.
5. Please check whether the wind was strong in the flight environment. If the wind is too strong, the aircraft will vibrate, resulting in the image transmission screen being shaky. We recommend that you test the gimbal in a windless or breezy environment.
6. Have you ever adjusted the EXP value of the aircraft? EXP refers to the drone's exponential. The higher the EXP value, the higher the aircraft response sensitivity, indicating that the aircraft will respond flexibly to small stick movement. If you have ever adjusted the EXP value, please go to [Control -> Gain & Expo Tuning] in the app, reset the parameters, and then test the aircraft again.
7. Please perform gimbal calibration in the app. Using with DJI Fly: [Settings -> Control -> Gimbal Calibration].
If the steps above were done and the issue persists, we advise submitting an Online Repair Request and sending the aircraft back to DJI for further diagnosis. https://repair.dji.com/. Please keep us posted. Have a great day ahead.
2-25 19:32
Use props
twilloo
lvl.3
Flight distance : 63510 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI Tony Posted at 2-25 19:32
Hi there. Sorry about the trouble. If the drone has ever crashed or experienced any collisions, we recommend sending the drone for diagnosis. If not, can you please follow  the steps below:
1. Please check whether the ambient temperature during drone operation falls within the operating temperature range provided on our website. Low temperature may cause vibration in the gimbal.
2. Kindly remove the gimbal protector before powering on the aircraft to prevent the gimbal motor from being stuck, or the gimbal will become shaky.

Thanks for all the info. None of your listed conditions pertain. I have not tested again since last time. Since it is only 3 days old, I would just send back to amazon and get another drone. Things happen even to new products but I do not feel as though it would be fair to send back a basically new drone for repair. The time , the hassle is not worth it to me, plus I do not want a drone that has been repaired.
2-26 17:06
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

twilloo Posted at 2-26 17:06
Thanks for all the info. None of your listed conditions pertain. I have not tested again since last time. Since it is only 3 days old, I would just send back to amazon and get another drone. Things happen even to new products but I do not feel as though it would be fair to send back a basically new drone for repair. The time , the hassle is not worth it to me, plus I do not want a drone that has been repaired.

I completely understand. I'm sorry you have to send the aircraft back. If you need further assistance, you can always contact us. We appreciate your patience.
2-27 02:04
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules