DJI firmware update
1252 5 2-25 12:15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Thiago Toazza
lvl.1

Brazil

On December 28th, I tried to fly my dji mini 2 drone to make some records on my birthday, unfortunately it was not properly set, it was missing v01.07.0200 firmware update. So I went to profile > settings and then started the download, after few minutes it returned an error telling the download have failed, I turned the device off and tried again, but the error was still occuring, tried again but same problem happened.
Then I decided to download the app in another 2 devices to check if it was a problem in my phone. I did it on both Android and iOS but the error was still happening. Sadly I gave up and could not record my birthday party.

In the next day, I downloaded the DJI Assistant 2 and faced to another problem which I was not able to connect the drone to my PC, I tried 3 different cables and also on my relatives MAC, but the app was still asking to plug the drone. At this moment I was completely upset with my DJI drone and once again I gave up the repair.

Today, I picked up my drone and with hope tried all the steps again, but for my surprise I faced with a new issue, the RC suddenly turned off and I was not able to turn it on again. After reading few threads on the DJI forum I noticed that it is not an individual problem, it must be manufatured issue or something. I would like to know what may I have to do and what DJI already defined to do with this common known problem. I am truly disappointed with DJI, these equipments are kindly expensive in my country and I was pretty sure that buying from a such reputed brand would be the best way to avoid bad experiences.
2-25 12:15
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, Thiago Toazza. Thank you for reaching out and we're sorry for the inconvenience. For the firmware update, please try the following steps below (feel free to skip steps that have been done already):

(DJI Fly App Update)
a. Make sure that the remaining battery level is 50% or more.
b. The firmware update fails if the aircraft or remote controller is powered off during the update process. In this case, please power on the aircraft and remote controller, and update again.
c. The Internet was disconnected during the firmware download.

During the update, the aircraft will restart multiple times and automatically shut down after the update has been completed.

Please try the below methods first when the firmware update of DJI Mini 2 fails (It is also suitable for battery firmware upgrade failure):
1. Please replace the mobile device to have a try. such as an iOS or Android mobile device. Please restart the RC, drone, and app before updating again.
2. If the upgrade cannot be done successfully with the App, it is recommended that the user updates the firmware via DJI Assistant 2. At present, the DJI Assistant 2 software downloaded from the official website cannot upgrade the DJI Mini 2 directly, but the DJI Assistant 2 can be modified to achieve the upgrade. Please check the below steps:
a. Please download the DJI Assistant 2 (Consumer Drones Series) from the DJI Website;
b. Open the folder where the assistant software is located, and find the "DJI Engine" folder, find "defaultsettings.ini", then open it and change the "0" to "1". Please refer to the below path for Mac.

If the device can't be recognized please try the steps below:

1. Please confirm the compatibility first.
Notes:
A. Most DJI Assistant 2 versions do not support the version macOS 11.0 or later because DJI Assistant 2 relies on the third-party RNDIS drive but the RNDIS drive does not support v11.0 or higher version of Mac OS. We will keep an eye on the latest updates. Once the RNDIS drive is compatible with v11.0 or higher versions of Mac OS, we will work on the compatibility of DJI products as soon as possible.

B.  M1/M2 chip equipped MAC are not supported.
2. Please reinstall the DJI Assistant 2, and allow all the permission while downloading.
3. Make sure the connected device(remote controller or drone) is powered on.
4. Replace the USB cable connected to the unit and PC.
5. Please replace the computer if possible.

For the remote controller not turning on. May we ask what remote controller are you referring to? Have you tried charging it? If yes, is there any light on it? Please keep us posted.
2-25 20:58
Use props
Thiago Toazza
lvl.1

Brazil

DJI Gamora Posted at 2-25 20:58
Hi, Thiago Toazza. Thank you for reaching out and we're sorry for the inconvenience. For the firmware update, please try the following steps below (feel free to skip steps that have been done already):

( DJI Fly App Update)

The DJI Assistant 2 was downloaded on a M2 Mac, so probably that's a compatibility issue. I will try it on another PC and keep you updated.

Regarding to the Firmware update, I'm not able to do it without the remote, the app has to connect with the drone through the RC.

For the changes on the DJI file, I didn't find the "upgrade_enabled" label. (Screenshot below)
2-26 15:45
Use props
Thiago Toazza
lvl.1

Brazil

Also, I recorded a video to make easier to understand what is going on.

2-26 15:48
Use props
Shawgod
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5173104 ft
United States

I had issues using the DJI assistant software and found out I was using the wrong software. Make sure you are using the one that says Consumer Drones
2-28 09:36
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Thiago Toazza Posted at 2-26 15:45
The DJI Assistant 2 was downloaded on a M2 Mac, so probably that's a compatibility issue. I will try it on another PC and keep you updated.

Regarding to the Firmware update, I'm not able to do it without the remote, the app has to connect with the drone through the RC.

Thank you for the update, Thiago Toazza. We suggest using a Windows PC as M2 chips are not supported with the DJI Assistant 2 (Consumer Drones Series). It might be an incompatibility issue which is why the upgrade_enable is not listed. Please try the steps below for the RC not charging issue (feel free to skip the steps that you already performed):

1. Check whether the battery level has reached 100% (All four bars of the battery level indicator are on).
2. Check if the charged method is correct. Make sure the charging cable is plugged in tightly, and try plugging it in again.
3. Check the LED on the remote controller and confirm if it is in the charging state. If yes, please try charging for 2 hours to see if the power increases. If it still cannot charge, it is recommended to replace the charger and charging cable.

If it is still unable to be charged, please send the product to the DJI Repair Center for inspection.
2-28 20:39
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules