Unable to Reset Mavic Pro using DJI Assistant 2
147 3 2-25 22:50
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
shutternutter
New

United Kingdom

I've been trying to reset my Mavic Pro as I wish to sell it on following an upgrade. I've tried on the following Mac's and PCs:

1. MacBook Pro running Sonoma 14.3.1 - here I cannot even log in...the login screen appears but for whatever reason, I'm unable to type anything into the login fields. I've successfully installed Assistant 2 for Mavic but that's as far as I get. The fields seem to be 'locked' in some way.

2, iMac running Monterey 12.6.9 - here I can install Assistant 2 for Mavic and log in, but despite trying two different leads cannot see my Mavic when plugged in and switched on...same is true for the controller

3. Lenovo X1 Yoga running Windows 11 - here the sitaution is the same as the iMac...I can install Assistant 2 for Mavic and log in, but my Mavic is just not connecting.

I'm running out of ideas and patience...does anyone have any ideas? I see quite a few threads similar to this and I've tried most of the settings/code gymnastics suggested, but still no joy.

I will dig around and see if I can find some other leads to try, but I'm using the one that can with the drone which seems to charge the controller OK, so you'd think it would be good enough for the update.

To have to go through all this just to reset a drone for sale seems far too complicated...why on earth is this not possible via the app?

In despair I'm hoping someone might have the magic suggestion that get's this resolved.

Thanks!
2-25 22:50
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

GREETINGS!
I'm sorry to hear about the difficulties you're encountering with resetting your Mavic Pro. Here are a few troubleshooting steps you can try to resolve the issues you're experiencing on different systems:

**For the MacBook Pro running Sonoma (macOS)**:
1. **Permissions Issue**: The inability to type in the login fields could be a permissions issue. Check your Mac's security settings to ensure that the DJI Assistant 2 app has the necessary permissions to function properly.
2. **Compatibility**: Make sure that the DJI Assistant 2 app is compatible with the version of macOS you're running.
3. **App Reinstallation**: Try uninstalling and then reinstalling the DJI Assistant 2 app.

**For the iMac running Monterey and the Lenovo X1 Yoga running Windows 11**:
1. **USB Connection**: Ensure that you're using the USB cable that came with the drone, as some cables are for charging only and don't support data transfer. If you are using the correct cable, try different cables to rule out the possibility of a faulty cable.
2. **USB Port**: Try using different USB ports on the computer. Sometimes, specific ports do not recognize certain devices due to various reasons, including driver issues or hardware limitations.
3. **Device Manager (Windows) / System Information (Mac)**: Check the Device Manager on Windows or System Information on Mac to see if the drone is recognized at the hardware level. If it is not listed, there could be a connection issue.
4. **DJI Assistant 2 Compatibility**: Verify that you have downloaded the correct version of DJI Assistant 2 that is meant for Mavic Pro, as there are different versions for different DJI products.
5. **Drone and Controller Firmware**: Sometimes, if the firmware on the drone or controller is too old, it might not connect properly with the latest version of DJI Assistant. Ensure that both the drone and controller are fully charged and try to connect them again.

**General Troubleshooting**:
1. **Restart Everything**: Sometimes, simply restarting your computer, the drone, and the controller can resolve connection issues.
2. **Disable Firewall/Antivirus**: Temporarily disable any firewall or antivirus software as these can sometimes interfere with the connection between the drone and the DJI Assistant 2 software.

If none of these steps work, it could indicate a deeper issue, potentially with the drone's firmware or hardware. In such a case, contacting DJI Support would be the best course of action. They may be able to offer additional steps specific to the Mavic Pro or offer a service to reset the drone for you.
2-26 03:06
Use props
shutternutter
New

United Kingdom

Thanks for taking the trouble to reply - I have already tried most of the things you’ve suggested. It turns out the DJI supplied lead I was using (along with 2 or 3 others I tried) were the problem. I finally got one from another supplier to work.

So the moral here is start with the lead…I wasted a day and it turns out the problem was staring me in the face! You live and learn…
2-26 03:31
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

shutternutter Posted at 2-26 03:31
Thanks for taking the trouble to reply - I have already tried most of the things you’ve suggested. It turns out the DJI supplied lead I was using (along with 2 or 3 others I tried) were the problem. I finally got one from another supplier to work.

So the moral here is start with the lead…I wasted a day and it turns out the problem was staring me in the face! You live and learn…

I'm very happy to hear that you were able to resolve this matter smoothly! When you transfer your drone to someone else, please make sure to delete your personal information to ensure the security of your data!
2-26 03:42
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules