United States

She must be oblivious to cold I guess.  
3-2 04:13
Use props
HGDC84
Captain
Finland

DAFlys Posted at 3-1 04:40
I need to go back to the 60s and try and watch them all in order some time.

That is a happy coincidence, as me and one of my friends recently talked about watching the Bond films as well in the chronological order. I haven't even seen most of the Daniel Craig ones.
3-2 08:46
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

HGDC84 Posted at 3-2 08:46
That is a happy coincidence, as me and one of my friends recently talked about watching the Bond films as well in the chronological order. I haven't even seen most of the Daniel Craig ones.

I think the Daniel Craig ones are currently my favourites.  
3-3 07:05
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 3-2 04:13
She must be oblivious to cold I guess.

We went out this morning when it was 2c and there was a few SUPs and row boats out there,   I guess they dont plan on falling in.  
3-3 07:05
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 3-3 07:05
We went out this morning when it was 2c and there was a few SUPs and row boats out there,   I guess they dont plan on falling in.

Best of luck to them then.  
3-3 08:13
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 3-3 08:13
Best of luck to them then.

Rather them than me.
3-4 01:01
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 3-4 01:01
Rather them than me.

Amen to that.  
3-4 03:55
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

11c today so as I pass the canals later Im partially expecting to see some action.
3-4 03:59
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 3-4 03:59
11c today so as I pass the canals later Im partially expecting to see some action.

Seems you are having a fairly nice weather day.  Last two days here have been nothing but gray skies.  Would be nice to see the sun again.  I guess I could move to the sunshine state of Florida.  Oh wait, I'm already here.  
3-4 04:10
Use props
HGDC84
Captain
Finland

DAFlys Posted at 3-3 07:05
I think the Daniel Craig ones are currently my favourites.

I don't think he's a bad actor or anything, but many of my acquitances have said they don't like them. They think they are so cold and cynical compared to the old ones, and Bond was way more of a gentleman in them. But I can't really comment on that as of now, as I haven't seen that many of the new ones.
3-4 15:09
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 3-4 04:10
Seems you are having a fairly nice weather day.  Last two days here have been nothing but gray skies.  Would be nice to see the sun again.  I guess I could move to the sunshine state of Florida.  Oh wait, I'm already here.

Sadly the forecast let me down this morning,   got up to go out for sunrise to find it raining,    and thats then scuppered the days plans as I was going to cut grass at my parents and then onto a few ship wrecks.
3-5 01:51
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 3-5 01:51
Sadly the forecast let me down this morning,   got up to go out for sunrise to find it raining,    and thats then scuppered the days plans as I was going to cut grass at my parents and then onto a few ship wrecks.

Sorry to hear that DA.  Weather here is definitely not much better.  Higher temps but we just can't seem to get rid of the rains or winds at this point.  I'm sure this unpredictable weather is giving the farmers grief over their growing seasons.  
3-5 03:17
Use props
manolism
Second Officer
Flight distance : 53035 ft
Greece

Awesome!!!
3-5 07:47
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

HGDC84 Posted at 3-4 15:09
I don't think he's a bad actor or anything, but many of my acquitances have said they don't like them. They think they are so cold and cynical compared to the old ones, and Bond was way more of a gentleman in them. But I can't really comment on that as of now, as I haven't seen that many of the new ones.

Yes,   I think thats part of rebooting the character and bringing it more up to date with how British people are these days.
3-6 00:34
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 3-5 03:17
Sorry to hear that DA.  Weather here is definitely not much better.  Higher temps but we just can't seem to get rid of the rains or winds at this point.  I'm sure this unpredictable weather is giving the farmers grief over their growing seasons.

I feel for the farmers,  I was recently looking up for when the tulip fields will be in action only to discover that the ones I was planning on visiting have all been flooded.  
3-6 00:43
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Cheers manolism.   
3-6 00:49
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 3-6 00:43
I feel for the farmers,  I was recently looking up for when the tulip fields will be in action only to discover that the ones I was planning on visiting have all been flooded.

Yikes, that is not good at all.  So does that mean a late start for the tulips or no start at all this year?
3-6 03:41
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 3-6 03:41
Yikes, that is not good at all.  So does that mean a late start for the tulips or no start at all this year?

From their IG post they dont know at the moment,   the tulips I planted here are already 6" or more tall so it doesn't look good to me.  
3-6 06:43
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 3-6 06:43
From their IG post they dont know at the moment,   the tulips I planted here are already 6" or more tall so it doesn't look good to me.

Will be interesting to see how that turns out.  Tulip fields always make for some intresting footage.
3-6 13:26
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 3-6 13:26
Will be interesting to see how that turns out.  Tulip fields always make for some intresting footage.

Its not looking promising though - https://www.instagram.com/p/C3uqm_NoMFV/
3-7 01:45
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 3-7 01:45
Its not looking promising though - https://www.instagram.com/p/C3uqm_NoMFV/

Yeah, that does not look promising at all.  
3-7 04:05
Use props
HGDC84
Captain
Finland

DAFlys Posted at 3-6 00:34
Yes,   I think thats part of rebooting the character and bringing it more up to date with how British people are these days.

Reboots always are a game of risk and chance. A proper reboot makes it feel fresh and new again, but with deciding to make a reboot, there's always the risk of losing what made the original so popular.
3-8 08:27
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 3-7 04:05
Yeah, that does not look promising at all.

I feel very sorry for them,   the field on the island where they usually have cattle is in a simular state too.  
3-9 00:47
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

HGDC84 Posted at 3-8 08:27
Reboots always are a game of risk and chance. A proper reboot makes it feel fresh and new again, but with deciding to make a reboot, there's always the risk of losing what made the original so popular.

Oddly I think I like the new reboots more each time they do it,  unlike Dr Who where the regenerations I like each new dr less.
3-9 01:16
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 3-9 00:47
I feel very sorry for them,   the field on the island where they usually have cattle is in a simular state too.

The weather this winter has not been to good to many of us but seems especially bad for them.
3-9 06:52
Use props
HGDC84
Captain
Finland

DAFlys Posted at 3-9 01:16
Oddly I think I like the new reboots more each time they do it,  unlike Dr Who where the regenerations I like each new dr less.

Can't really comment on Dr. Who myself, haven't seen much of it (though at least the newer ones have also been broadcast in Finland as well).
3-9 07:48
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

HGDC84 Posted at 3-9 07:48
Can't really comment on Dr. Who myself, haven't seen much of it (though at least the newer ones have also been broadcast in Finland as well).

Funny,  I would have thought that show would have been rich up your street.  As we say.  
3-10 04:03
Use props
HGDC84
Captain
Finland

DAFlys Posted at 3-10 04:03
Funny,  I would have thought that show would have been rich up your street.  As we say.

I see. It's just I don't watch that much TV or use video streaming services that often nowadays. I am pretty sure I could find something I find interesting if I had some more time to give to it.
3-10 10:16
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

HGDC84 Posted at 3-10 10:16
I see. It's just I don't watch that much TV or use video streaming services that often nowadays. I am pretty sure I could find something I find interesting if I had some more time to give to it.

Don’t tell me.   You spend all that time in the saunas.
3-10 10:24
Use props
HGDC84
Captain
Finland

DAFlys Posted at 3-10 10:24
Don’t tell me.   You spend all that time in the saunas.

We do often take sauna baths, but mostly no THAT often.
3-12 13:20
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

HGDC84 Posted at 3-12 13:20
We do often take sauna baths, but mostly no THAT often.

Maybe a suggestion for the box could be a TV in the sauna.  
3-13 01:03
Use props
HGDC84
Captain
Finland

DAFlys Posted at 3-13 01:03
Maybe a suggestion for the box could be a TV in the sauna.

I remember seeing some, but that is pretty rare. I do believe it's because of the costs, and the challenges caused by the heat and the moisture in the installation and operation.

Last weekend, my employer faced a nasty setback, as their other sauna in the yard burnt down. Luckily, there were no casualties or other harm to people, nor did the fire spread to the villa building itself. It's just that we only have the sauna inside the building available for now and we have to wait for a loan sauna to be delivered in the yard. They will use that until a new one has been built.
3-14 10:48
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

HGDC84 Posted at 3-14 10:48
I remember seeing some, but that is pretty rare. I do believe it's because of the costs, and the challenges caused by the heat and the moisture in the installation and operation.

Last weekend, my employer faced a nasty setback, as their other sauna in the yard burnt down.  Luckily, there were no casualties or other harm to people, nor did the fire spread to the villa building itself. It's just that we only have the sauna inside the building available for now and we have to wait for a loan sauna to be delivered in the yard. They will use that until a new one has been built.

Oh no,   is that like a log cabin style sauna?
3-15 02:16
Use props
HGDC84
Captain
Finland

DAFlys Posted at 3-15 02:16
Oh no,   is that like a log cabin style sauna?

The burnt sauna was kind of a tent sauna, with a wooden support structure and a fabric cover on it. I am not absolutely certain what kind of a sauna will replace it when they build a new one.

The other sauna that is still intact is a regular sauna room in the basement of the villa, with a stove that warms up with wood.
3-15 07:15
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

HGDC84 Posted at 3-15 07:15
The burnt sauna was kind of a tent sauna, with a wooden support structure and a fabric cover on it. I am not absolutely certain what kind of a sauna will replace it when they build a new one.

The other sauna that is still intact is a regular sauna room in the basement of the villa, with a stove that warms up with wood.

Like a tpee tent H?
3-16 00:57
Use props
HGDC84
Captain
Finland

DAFlys Posted at 3-16 00:57
Like a tpee tent H?

It was a somewhat more rigid and sturdy support construction it had, to be honest I didn't even know it was a tent sauna by just the looks. Heard about it later on.
3-16 07:28
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

HGDC84 Posted at 3-16 07:28
It was a somewhat more rigid and sturdy support construction it had, to be honest I didn't even know it was a tent sauna by just the looks. Heard about it later on.

Well at least you. managed to source a temporary replacement.   That should get you to the end of the winter.  
3-17 05:54
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Very cool shot David!
3-17 09:47
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

I think this one would work well high contrast Black and White.
3-17 09:48
Use props
HGDC84
Captain
Finland

DAFlys Posted at 3-17 05:54
Well at least you. managed to source a temporary replacement.   That should get you to the end of the winter.

Yes, and the time of the accident could have been worse. Not only were human lives spared, but there already were some talks about renovating/replacing that sauna with another one, so not all is lost.
3-17 15:24
Use props
123Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules