Low battery level and RTH
435 10 2-26 02:18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
exter
lvl.2
Flight distance : 4085 ft
Netherlands

Fly indoors and have set RTH to Hover for signal loss, but what happens when the battery level is too low. Don't want RTH to activate.

2-26 02:18
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 12225059 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Hi,

Indoor flying without GPS reception means no HP set and now RTH ofcourse.

Indoor flying with GPS....depends if HP is set (white GPS icon top right FlyApp), and when HP is set distance drone to HP at low batt gets important. (read manual)

BTW best to fly always with a full battery and land at 30%. :-)

cheers
JJB
2-26 02:29
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi there. You can cancel RTH by pressing the RTH button on the remote controller. However, please take caution. If RTH is canceled following a low battery warning, the Intelligent Flight Battery may not have enough power for the aircraft to land safely. As a result, you may crash or lose your aircraft. Have a nice day.
2-26 02:33
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Netherlands

DJI Tony Posted at 2-26 02:33
Hi there. You can cancel RTH by pressing the RTH button on the remote controller. However, please take caution. If RTH is canceled following a low battery warning, the Intelligent Flight Battery may not have enough power for the aircraft to land safely. As a result, you may crash or lose your aircraft. Have a nice day.

Hi Tony,

If i cancel a low battery RTH than the critical low battery landing comes next.
This will land the craft safely....( if not 'cancelled' by the pilot by UP stick all the time...)

cheers
JJB
2-26 03:09
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

JJB* Posted at 2-26 03:09
Hi Tony,

If i cancel a low battery RTH than the critical low battery landing comes next.

Hi. Yes. Thank you very much. That made it clearer.

Have a great day ahead.
2-26 03:22
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Previously, just for curiosity's sake, I have pressed the RTH button whilst indoors with 0, zero, GPS, ...... nothing happens ... as was expected. I might have got a message saying "0 GPS, RTH unavailable" or words to that effect.
Additionally, depending on the floor area, my minis ( 1 & 2 ) are inclined to reject the landing site even if the controller is disconnected by switching it off, that leaves the drone the drone hovering.
This rejection has in the past meant that the drone will, from memory, not auto land until the battery hit 0, zero, percent.
2-26 08:30
Use props
exter
lvl.2
Netherlands

DJI Tony Posted at 2-26 02:33
Hi there. You can cancel RTH by pressing the RTH button on the remote controller. However, please take caution. If RTH is canceled following a low battery warning, the Intelligent Flight Battery may not have enough power for the aircraft to land safely. As a result, you may crash or lose your aircraft. Have a nice day.

Obviously it is not possible to switch off rth. The conclusionis to interrupt rth push the break button. That is what i already sometimes did outdoors if I want correct the landing. Thanks for all the reactions.
2-26 09:15
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

exter Posted at 2-26 09:15
Obviously it is not possible to switch off rth. The conclusionis to interrupt rth push the break button. That is what i already sometimes did outdoors if I want correct the landing. Thanks for all the reactions.

It's not hard to monitor your battery level and stop flyingbefore low battery RTH wants to activate.
2-26 14:11
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

exter Posted at 2-26 09:15

You are most welcome. Let me forward your feedback to the development team for consideration. Thank you for your valued support.
2-27 01:58
Use props
exter
lvl.2
Netherlands

Labroides Posted at 2-26 14:11
It's not hard to monitor your battery level and stop flyingbefore low battery RTH wants to activate.

That can differ a lot because it depends of the software calculation based on position distance and rth setting.
2-27 03:43
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Netherlands

exter Posted at 2-27 03:43
That can differ a lot because it depends of the software calculation based on position distance and rth setting.

you forgot something...depends also the height drone is flying   ;-)
But all this not when flying indoors, to your question asked in post #1.

cheers
JJB
2-27 04:04
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules