Why the big push for the Motion Controller?
522 12 2-26 09:47
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
CactusJackSlade
lvl.2
United States

I have not bought a new "cinematic" DJI drone since my Mavic 2 Pro.... going on 4+ years. Normally I buy the next newest model immediatly.  I do have the FPV model with the stick controller and Motion Controller but the MC, although a novilty and a little fun, really sucks for precise control, especially in tight quarters!
I have been patiently waiting for DJI to make the latest versions of the Goggles compatible with the stick controllers. I want to do my cinimatic flights with goggles a lot of the time because I can see better and concentrate better. If the goggles were compatible with the stick controllers I would already have bought the Mini 4 Pro and the Mavic 3 Pro!

WHY the big push on the FPV stuff with the Motion Controller?! I do not know a single FPV racer that uses a Motion Controller. It all comes down to the precise control you get with sticks, vs the MC. Why does DJI not see that?!

PLEASE DJI, tell me you have making the newer goggles compatible with your stick controllers SOON?!

CJS
2-26 09:47
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
Flight distance : 5902228 ft
  • >>>
United States

"I do not know a single FPV racer that uses a Motion Controller."

They only wish they could master that option....but they cannot, for the price.  With practice, one can get just as good with the MC as they can with the stick controller.  If DJI is going to improve the MC, they need to get people to use it more.
2-26 12:01
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

We are deeply sorry for the inconvenience. Please understand that this is not the type of experience we want you to have. We value your feedback and will definitely forward it to the relevant team for further review and improvement of our products and services. In regards to your question, we're sorry we don't have any information regarding DJI's future products. Please stay tuned to the latest news and events by subscribing to the DJI official website at www.dji.com. Thank you for your understanding and cooperation. 
2-26 14:19
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Probably marketing,   more people can fly with the motion controller out of the box than with the FPV controller.
2-27 00:19
Use props
CactusJackSlade
lvl.2
United States

The Saint Posted at 2-26 12:01
"I do not know a single FPV racer that uses a Motion Controller."

They only wish they could master that option....but they cannot, for the price.  With practice, one can get just as good with the MC as they can with the stick controller.  If DJI is going to improve the MC, they need to get people to use it more.

Do you  know someone who could run a drone speed course with a Motion Controller? I would love to talk to them.
2-27 14:17
Use props
CactusJackSlade
lvl.2
United States

DAFlys Posted at 2-27 00:19
Probably marketing,   more people can fly with the motion controller out of the box than with the FPV controller.

That is probably true, but you would think you would want that on a slower pokey model, not an FPV "racer" type.  Personally I think it is marketing more than anything. Don't get me wrong, it is fun, but I need precision.
2-27 14:19
Use props
CactusJackSlade
lvl.2
United States

DJI Diana Posted at 2-26 14:19
We are deeply sorry for the inconvenience. Please understand that this is not the type of experience we want you to have. We value your feedback and will definitely forward it to the relevant team for further review and improvement of our products and services. In regards to your question, we're sorry we don't have any information regarding DJI's future products. Please stay tuned to the latest news and events by subscribing to the DJI official website at www.dji.com. Thank you for your understanding and cooperation. 

Thank you for the response.

I would be very interested to hear from the DJI marketing team why this has been so slow in coming about?

Thank you,
CJS
2-27 14:21
Use props
Mobilehomer
First Officer
Flight distance : 18135846 ft
United States

It's not marketing. The MC is cheaper to produce.
2-27 14:31
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
Flight distance : 5902228 ft
  • >>>
United States

CactusJackSlade Posted at 2-27 14:17
Do you  know someone who could run a drone speed course with a Motion Controller? I would love to talk to them.

FPV racer; I thought you meant the drone, not the pilot.  They have that option?  With other drone, the pilot has the option to use the MC but you're saying they end up using something else instead?  News to me.  Personally I would use whatever works best for me and I guess we all know which one has the most time and mileage and experience on it.  bottom line is the Avata+MC is not designed, marketed, and sold to run speed courses.
2-27 17:43
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

CactusJackSlade Posted at 2-27 14:19
That is probably true, but you would think you would want that on a slower pokey model, not an FPV "racer" type.  Personally I think it is marketing more than anything. Don't get me wrong, it is fun, but I need precision.

If you want precision then you can drop more money with them on the controller and they are very happy with another sale.  
2-28 01:26
Use props
CactusJackSlade
lvl.2
United States

DAFlys Posted at 2-28 01:26
If you want precision then you can drop more money with them on the controller and they are very happy with another sale.

I already have a controller, but the goggles are not compatible with any of the stick controllers except the Avata and FPV models! I need the goggles to be compatible with the stick controllers for the Mavic Pro 3 and the Mini Pro 4 :-)
2-28 08:28
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator

CactusJackSlade Posted at 2-27 14:21
Thank you for the response.

I would be very interested to hear from the DJI marketing team why this has been so slow in coming about?

Thank you for your response. I'm very sorry to inform you that I've not received any feedback from our relevant team. However, this is well-received, and in the future, we will optimize and improve the product or service based on user comments. Thank you for your understanding and cooperation. 
2-28 15:52
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator

Dirty Bird Posted at 2-28 17:25
It's time to barge into the Engineer meeting & proclaim, "Damnit it you miserable blobs of pig mucus, pilots demand to use the Goggles 2/Integra with the standard remote controllers (RC-N1-N2/DJI RC/RC2), & they demand it now!  Now I say, damnit!  Stop farting around!"

Thank you for your additional support and feedback. Please be assured that we're constantly forwarding relevant feedback regarding this request. We thank you for your support.
2-29 15:07
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules