How does the unlocking of no-fly zones work ?
242 2 2-26 11:33
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_m24hM3HmyAQz
lvl.1
Flight distance : 96516 ft
Czechia

I got my Mini 2 SE confiscated by the Czech authorities after flying in a blue zone with an authroization from DJI.
Turns out DJI did not communicate with the relevant Czech authority and did not provide them with the information about my flight. In other words : the FlySafe authorization didn't work.
So my question is : How exactly does this system work ? Does the issue of it not communicating with the relevant entity only exist in certain countries ? If not, what even is the point of such a system ?
Now before anyone points it out, I know how stupid what I just did was. I should have asked for an authorization directly to the Czech authorities, and I am happy to have gotten away with just a confiscation and not a fine (at least for now).

2-26 11:33
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

You got this the wrong way round,   you get your permission from the local authorities to fly in the blue zone and then request the unlock from DJI who may request to see a copy of the authorisation.
2-27 00:16
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, djiuser_m24hM3HmyAQz. Thank you for reaching out and we're sorry to read about this. Blue zones are Authorization Zones. In these zones, users will be prompted with a warning, and flight is limited by default. Authorization Zones may be unlocked by authorized users using a DJI-verified account. Did you apply for an authorization? If yes, we highly recommend you contact our FlySafe team at flysafe@dji.com for further assistance. You may check with them why the FlySafe authorization didn't work.
3-3 23:48
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules