Huge restricted zone over Scottish Highlands
220 4 2-27 04:56
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DJIDronePete
lvl.2
Flight distance : 14360 ft
United Kingdom

I'm using the Drone Assist Android app to understand where there are no fly zones. There is a huge one over the Scottish Highlands, but when I did some searching I think I established that it is only a temporary zone. Is that true and if so what is the best way to determine whether it is active or not? While I may not be going to Scotland in the near future, no doubt I will find that there are some more temporary zones on the app and need to check whether they are actually active.

2-27 04:56
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi there, DJIDronePete. I hope you are doing well today. You can check your desired location to fly your drone to see if it's inside a GEO Zone by going to the DJI FlySafe website. Here is the link: https://fly-safe.dji.com/unlock/unlock-request/list. You can also submit an Unlocking Request on the website. Have a nice day.
2-28 01:22
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

It would help to post screen shots.    But if you are referring to EGR610A thats a temporary zone thats activated by Notam.
2-28 02:01
Use props
DJIDronePete
lvl.2
Flight distance : 14360 ft
United Kingdom

DAFlys Posted at 2-28 02:01
It would help to post screen shots.    But if you are referring to EGR610A thats a temporary zone thats activated by Notam.

Yes that's the one I found. So I did correctly figure out that it's temporary. No doubt there are some more.  Will it be obvious in the Drone Assist App or indeed in the DJI app whether the temporary restriction is active or do I need to go and find that elsewhere?
2-28 09:34
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DJIDronePete Posted at 2-28 09:34
Yes that's the one I found. So I did correctly figure out that it's temporary. No doubt there are some more.  Will it be obvious in the Drone Assist App or indeed in the DJI app whether the temporary restriction is active or do I need to go and find that elsewhere?

Since the EU drone rules changed to be the EASA rules with the exception of the local countries being able  to implement rules via FRZ's theres been more of those weird temporary zones popping up in the UK too,      on the face of it you'd think that there was an issue,   and they dont do the usual different colour for up and coming zone and then change to red when its in effect.  
2-29 01:14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules