DJI_0108.jpg
2-27 04:58
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
Flight distance : 6188465 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Nice view. It'll look better when the trees have turned out some leaves.  Is that a telecoms mast on the distant hilltop?
2-27 05:01
Use props
BetterBizTech
First Officer
Flight distance : 5039731 ft
  • >>>
United States

Blériot53 Posted at 2-27 05:01
Nice view. It'll look better when the trees have turned out some leaves.  Is that a telecoms mast on the distant hilltop?

There is now ridge without one. I was in the hood, looking for some beauty. Paterson can get a little rough.
2-27 05:02
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

BetterBizTech Posted at 2-27 05:02
There is now ridge without one. I was in the hood, looking for some beauty. Paterson can get a little rough.

Rough? Oh dear. But you disguised it well
2-27 05:05
Use props
BetterBizTech
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Blériot53 Posted at 2-27 05:05
Rough? Oh dear. But you disguised it well

Lately I have been in some of the poorest neighborhoods. The government is giving grant money for installation solar panels. There are homes I have gone into that make me very grateful for what I have. Unfortunately our system of helping the poor leaves them more dependent on more handouts. People sit home and don't go out for a job and earn. I understand that some can't but the majority is enjoying there time off.
2-27 05:10
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

BetterBizTech Posted at 2-27 05:10
Lately I have been in some of the poorest neighborhoods. The government is giving grant money for installation solar panels. There are homes I have gone into that make me very grateful for what I have. Unfortunately our system of helping the poor leaves them more dependent on more handouts. People sit home and don't go out for a job and earn. I understand that some can't but the majority is enjoying there time off.

It's a vicious circle isn't it.  Same situation here, and it embitters those who work hard and pay their taxes.
2-27 05:12
Use props
BetterBizTech
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Blériot53 Posted at 2-27 05:12
It's a vicious circle isn't it.  Same situation here, and it embitters those who work hard and pay their taxes.

It seems to the way govt. wants it. It keeps a sect that will keep voting for them. And it creates dependence instead of self reliance which is what it was originally created for.
2-27 05:16
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

BetterBizTech Posted at 2-27 05:16
It seems to the way govt. wants it. It keeps a sect that will keep voting for them. And it creates dependence instead of self reliance which is what it was originally created for.

No easy solution
2-27 05:18
Use props
BetterBizTech
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

I always felt we should have a workfare program.  If you are getting help. They hand you a broom and some maintenance supplies and you maintain the neighborhood. Some of these area are filthy. You get a bonus depending on how well you maintain the area. It could create a sense of pride and encourage you to move on and improve.
2-27 05:22
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

BetterBizTech Posted at 2-27 05:22
I always felt we should have a workfare program.  If you are getting help. They hand you a broom and some maintenance supplies and you maintain the neighborhood. Some of these area are filthy. You get a bonus depending on how well you maintain the area. It could create a sense of pride and encourage you to move on and improve.

It's a popular idea over here too.
No-one is doing anything to implement it though.
2-27 05:29
Use props
BetterBizTech
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Blériot53 Posted at 2-27 05:29
It's a popular idea over here too.
No-one is doing anything to implement it though.

No that doesn't get votes.
2-27 05:43
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I never thought about hills in NJ
2-28 01:42
Use props
BetterBizTech
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 2-28 01:42
I never thought about hills in NJ

There are a few. Not many. Near the delaware river
2-28 03:35
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Nice shot.  Love the blue sky.  
2-28 04:42
Use props
BetterBizTech
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

DowntownRDB Posted at 2-28 04:42
Nice shot.  Love the blue sky.

Thanks, It had just finished raining. We didn't think we would be able to fly and the sky opened up.
2-28 11:11
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

BetterBizTech Posted at 2-28 11:11
Thanks, It had just finished raining. We didn't think we would be able to fly and the sky opened up.

Just another reason to always keep at least one fully charged battery and drone handy.  
2-28 14:05
Use props
BetterBizTech
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

DowntownRDB Posted at 2-28 14:05
Just another reason to always keep at least one fully charged battery and drone handy.

I keep 6 because I'm a nut like that.
2-28 17:20
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

BetterBizTech Posted at 2-28 17:20
I keep 6 because I'm a nut like that.

That's definitely prepared for any opportunity.  
2-29 02:52
Use props
BetterBizTech
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

DowntownRDB Posted at 2-29 02:52
That's definitely prepared for any opportunity.

But it's like watches. If you aren't using them it's work to maintain. I have an Air 2 that someone gave me and an Air 2S that I purchased. They were both fly more combos. I have a case that holds 6 batteries so I keep them in the one case. I've never really gone beyond 4 batteries in a day.
2-29 04:55
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

BetterBizTech Posted at 2-29 04:55
But it's like watches. If you aren't using them it's work to maintain. I have an Air 2 that someone gave me and an Air 2S that I purchased. They were both fly more combos. I have a case that holds 6 batteries so I keep them in the one case. I've never really gone beyond 4 batteries in a day.

I have 4 batteries for my air 3 and 6 for the Mini 3 Pro but never used more than 2 for Air 3 and only 3 for Mini 3 Pro.  Guess I just need to try harder to get more long flights in.  
2-29 13:28
Use props
BetterBizTech
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

DowntownRDB Posted at 2-29 13:28
I have 4 batteries for my air 3 and 6 for the Mini 3 Pro but never used more than 2 for Air 3 and only 3 for Mini 3 Pro.  Guess I just need to try harder to get more long flights in.

Doing the rood inspection takes allot of batteries because I do orbits and take around 250 pictures then I have to shoot each panel. It takes about a half of an hour. Which uses a little more than one battery per inspection if I land at 20%. If I do a couple in one day that's three batteries. Especially if I see a view I like from there I will travel to get some video because I don't know the area.
3-1 04:39
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

BetterBizTech Posted at 3-1 04:39
Doing the rood inspection takes allot of batteries because I do orbits and take around 250 pictures then I have to shoot each panel. It takes about a half of an hour. Which uses a little more than one battery per inspection if I land at 20%. If I do a couple in one day that's three batteries. Especially if I see a view I like from there I will travel to get some video because I don't know the area.

Wow, that's a lot of shots for the roof inspection.  While you are out on jobs its convenient to check out the area for targets or opportunity for sure.  Now I know why you keep all the batteries charged and ready to be used.
3-1 13:08
Use props
BetterBizTech
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

DowntownRDB Posted at 3-1 13:08
Wow, that's a lot of shots for the roof inspection.  While you are out on jobs its convenient to check out the area for targets or opportunity for sure.  Now I know why you keep all the batteries charged and ready to be used.

I guess they create a 3D map of the roof with the orbit pics.
3-1 14:58
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

BetterBizTech Posted at 3-1 14:58
I guess they create a 3D map of the roof with the orbit pics.

Ahh, so that is why they need so many shots then.  
3-2 03:10
Use props
BetterBizTech
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

DowntownRDB Posted at 3-2 03:10
Ahh, so that is why they need so many shots then.

The inspection includes nadirs, close ups of each panels a 60ft and 80 ft orbit with a minimum of 150 pics. Then I have to photograph all sides of the house meters, mains etc with a phone. Then you go inside take the cover off the electric box. Shoot the box, the water main and the rafters in the attic. I don't like the inside inspection. But they pay well and the longest takes is an hour and a half.
3-2 06:25
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

BetterBizTech Posted at 3-2 06:25
The inspection includes nadirs, close ups of each panels a 60ft and 80 ft orbit with a minimum of 150 pics. Then I have to photograph all sides of the house meters, mains etc with a phone. Then you go inside take the cover off the electric box. Shoot the box, the water main and the rafters in the attic. I don't like the inside inspection. But they pay well and the longest takes is an hour and a half.

That's a pretty thorough inspection.  No doubt the cost of the inspection gets passed along to the buyer.  After my son sold his marine construction business he got his license and did home inspections.  That didn't last long as he hated to get up in the attics when it was already 99 - 103 outdoors.  So you can imagine how hot it was up in the attics.  Also, he found a lot of shoddy construction that was done and he got called into court to testify against the Construction Company.  He showed the infrared shots he had taken to prove that there was no insulation in the walls and also several other discrepancies.  The Construction Company was held liable and fined heavily.  They also lost their business license.  A week or so later all 4 of his tires were slashed.  After getting the tires replaced a couple of days later a brick was thrown through his windshield.  Fortunately, the police were able to lift a fingerprint from the brick and arrested the individual.  He cut a plea deal and testified that the guy that had owned the construction company had paid him to do the tires and windshield.  Police went and picked up that construction company owner and held him in jail over the weekend.  Before he could appear on Monday morning and try to post bail he was found dead n his jail cell following an emergency power outage.  Anyway, my son said enough was enough and sold that business also.  
3-2 13:35
Use props
BetterBizTech
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

DowntownRDB Posted at 3-2 13:35
That's a pretty thorough inspection.  No doubt the cost of the inspection gets passed along to the buyer.  After my son sold his marine construction business he got his license and did home inspections.  That didn't last long as he hated to get up in the attics when it was already 99 - 103 outdoors.  So you can imagine how hot it was up in the attics.  Also, he found a lot of shoddy construction that was done and he got called into court to testify against the Construction Company.  He showed the infrared shots he had taken to prove that there was no insulation in the walls and also several other discrepancies.  The Construction Company was held liable and fined heavily.  They also lost their business license.  A week or so later all 4 of his tires were slashed.  After getting the tires replaced a couple of days later a brick was thrown through his windshield.  Fortunately, the police were able to lift a fingerprint from the brick and arrested the individual.  He cut a plea deal and testified that the guy that had owned the construction company had paid him to do the tires and windshield.  Police went and picked up that construction company owner and held him in jail over the weekend.  Before he could appear on Monday morning and try to post bail he was found dead n his jail cell following an emergency power outage.  Anyway, my son said enough was enough and sold that business also.

Wow, That's a harrowing experience.
3-2 14:03
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

BetterBizTech Posted at 3-2 14:03
Wow, That's a harrowing experience.

It sure was.  I knew the judge that the construction guy was to appear before and he is a no nonsense judge that usually required the maximum allowed bail so even if he hadn't been killed in his jail cell he probably would not of gotten out without a lengthy stay and possibly through his trial.  
3-2 14:42
Use props
BetterBizTech
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

DowntownRDB Posted at 3-2 14:42
It sure was.  I knew the judge that the construction guy was to appear before and he is a no nonsense judge that usually required the maximum allowed bail so even if he hadn't been killed in his jail cell he probably would not of gotten out without a lengthy stay and possibly through his trial.

Sounds like there may be more to this than meets the eye
3-2 15:30
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

BetterBizTech Posted at 3-2 15:30
Sounds like there may be more to this than meets the eye

Autopsy showed he succumbed to a massive coronary attack.  Foul play was ruled out.  
3-3 07:38
Use props
BetterBizTech
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

DowntownRDB Posted at 3-3 07:38
Autopsy showed he succumbed to a massive coronary attack.  Foul play was ruled out.

Good to hear you don't want to know that there are more enemies out there.
3-3 11:27
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

BetterBizTech Posted at 3-3 11:27
Good to hear you don't want to know that there are more enemies out there.

Very true.  
3-4 03:37
Use props
BetterBizTech
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

There could have been someone who had him killed because so much money is involved.
3-4 04:47
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

BetterBizTech Posted at 3-4 04:47
There could have been someone who had him killed because so much money is involved.

That is what I suspect happened but the autopsy didn't show it if that is what really happened. Although, the day following the autopsy he was immediately cremated as no relatives claimed the body.   
3-4 05:00
Use props
BetterBizTech
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

DowntownRDB Posted at 3-4 05:00
That is what I suspect happened but the autopsy didn't show it if that is what really happened. Although, the day following the autopsy he was immediately cremated as no relatives claimed the body.

The plot thickens.
3-4 05:18
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

It is a real shame when nobody in your family comes to claim the body. I got a feeling that he was disowned many years ago.  
3-4 15:53
Use props
BetterBizTech
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

DowntownRDB Posted at 3-4 15:53
It is a real shame when nobody in your family comes to claim the body. I got a feeling that he was disowned many years ago.

Sounds like a trouble maker.
3-4 17:29
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

BetterBizTech Posted at 3-4 17:29
Sounds like a trouble maker.

I did a little reading on this and it turns out that he was an only child and both of his parents died in a mysterious house fire.  He had been in and out of jail as a teenager.  He had lost his contractor's license in a state in the mid-west.  Appears he had defrauded lots and lots of people out of their money in doing shoddy construction work.  
3-5 03:02
Use props
BetterBizTech
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

DowntownRDB Posted at 3-5 03:02
I did a little reading on this and it turns out that he was an only child and both of his parents died in a mysterious house fire.  He had been in and out of jail as a teenager.  He had lost his contractor's license in a state in the mid-west.  Appears he had defrauded lots and lots of people out of their money in doing shoddy construction work.

Nice life. Some people learn nothing in life.
3-5 05:18
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

BetterBizTech Posted at 3-5 05:18
Nice life. Some people learn nothing in life.

I agree with you on that for sure.  
3-5 09:00
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules