New battery
234 6 2-27 14:40
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
rogelewi
New

United States

Just bought a new battery for my DJI Mini 2. Put it in charging hub and it shows to have no charge at all and will not start charging. Charging hub shows "Waiting"...? Suggestions? Thanks!
2-27 14:40
Use props
rogelewi
New

United States

By "wait a bit", do you mean just leave it in the charging hub for a while? Also (I'm a rookie at this), how do I charge it in the drone?
2-27 15:12
Use props
Manitobahunter
lvl.4
Canada

Yep, just leave it sitting there plugged in for a couple hours. If nothing happens, unplug it and then repeat the process. Use the factory DJI charge cable and block if you have them. Or as Dirty Bird mentions, try putting it in the drone and charging it that way. One of the batteries I got with my mini 3 pro was like that, I thought it was faulty but after some research and trying a couple things it charged and worked same as the others.
2-27 18:44
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, rogelewi. Thank you for reaching out. Please try the procedures below:
①Ensure that the charging temperature range for the intelligent flight battery is within the required range (5° to 40°C (41° to 104°F).
② Try using another port of the charging hub for charging. If the battery can be charged normally, it indicates that the battery port of the charging hub is abnormal. If the charging still fails, change the charging method, use a charger, and ensure that the battery is not in hibernation mode:
* The batteries of some products will enter hibernation mode when shipped out from the factory for long-term storage.  As suggested by Dirty Bird and Manitobahunter a battery in hibernation mode can be woken up with a charger, but not with a charging hub. If it fails to wake up, please re-connect the charger until the battery wakes up.
③ Please check the battery LED status, comparing to the battery LED status to confirm if the battery protection information is triggered by abnormal charging;
④ Try to use another battery (if possible) in the same charging port and observe whether the charging is abnormal. If it charges normally, it indicates that the first battery is abnormal. If the charging still fails, please use a charger for charging.
Please keep us posted. Have a nice day.
2-27 20:10
Use props
Amierhj
lvl.3
Flight distance : 64839 ft

United States

Try put it your drone and then charge it
2-28 05:36
Use props
Shawgod
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5173104 ft
United States

You may just have a bad battery if all else fails. I would return the battery if this doesn't work.  Or send it into DJI and have them check it out if it is under warranty.
2-28 09:27
Use props
rogelewi
New

United States

Thanks everyone for the feedback. Charged it in the drone a little bit. Charges fine in the hub now. Thanks again!
2-28 15:12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules