Dissapointed: No dog tracking by "Auto Track"?
370 5 2-29 04:27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
BikeFun
lvl.1
Flight distance : 21188 ft
Germany

[ Last edited by BikeFun In 2024-2-29 04:53 Editor ]\n\nHello everyone!
As a new, proud owner of a Mini 4 Pro, I was disappointed with my drone for the first time yesterday!

The "Active Track" does not work with our dog "Oskar" (Golden Retriever). No matter what I tried, the drone didn't want to follow the dog - but following me wasn't a problem for the drone!
Can any of you tell me if I've done something wrong, or is the drone fundamentally unable to follow a dog - even a larger one?
Thank you for your help, kind regards (also from Oskar: :-), Your BikeFun

Oskar himself

Oskar himself
2-29 04:27
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, gimpelstar. Thank you for reaching out. Tracking animals is not recommended as ActiveTrack is programmed for tracking a person or vehicle/boat only. Another thing is their speed, which is not controllable so it is not suitable for tracking. Thank you for your kind understanding.
3-1 03:47
Use props
Manitobahunter
lvl.4
Canada

Try putting one of your jackets and a hat and sunglasses on your dog
2-29 19:44
Use props
Visual Air
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 2710115 ft
  • >>>
Canada

Nice pooch.
2-29 19:14
Use props
_dji_user_
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1687385 ft
Estonia

The dog looks very unhappy. DJI could think about tracking animals.
2-29 12:45
Use props
BikeFun
lvl.1
Flight distance : 21188 ft
Germany

Dirty Bird Posted at 2-29 05:00
Manual says ActiveTrack is designed to follow people & vehicles.  It specifically warns not to track animals.  Why I cannot say?  I guess they don't want you locking onto a cheetah & it takes off into the bush?

Ok, you might be right, but what about this article I read about the DJI Phantom:
“As part of a new software update for the DJI Phantom 4, DJI Innovations is introducing a new “DoggyTrack” feature.”

Of course I realize that a Mini 4 Pro is not a Phantom. But actually it shows that the technology is possible and I assumed that a
completely new product like the Mini 4 Pro would also have the opportunity!

2-29 05:41
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules