Risky Boat Launch!
171 7 2-29 05:11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djkiter78
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4072920 ft
Philippines

This is by far the riskiest flight I've taken since I got the Air 3 half a year ago. On the way to the island I timed the boat ride at about 20mins so I knew I had a chance to make the trip back. I still don't have the confidence to hand launch/land (I know I need to learn soon!), so I launched it from inside the hull of the little boat we hired! The drone barely had any wiggle room but yet it still managed to take off and not crash into the sides or the beam above us and crash into the ocean! In the end I'm glad I took the risk and managed to get a few decent shots of our trip back.

2-29 05:11
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Very cool footage.   
2-29 05:15
Use props
Depp
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1868796 ft
  • >>>
Germany

The way you launched was much more dangerous than a hand launch over to the side... Beautiful nature.
2-29 05:45
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
Flight distance : 6188465 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Spectacular viewing. Yes, take off and landing from a moving boat is probably one of the most hazardous procedures. At least you were able to land on terra firma
2-29 05:55
Use props
Codgerzh2
First Officer
Flight distance : 15567024 ft
United Kingdom

Excellent video - well done
2-29 07:36
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Very risky take-off but turned out well.  Absolutely beautiful scenery you captured.    I live on a boat so I learned quickly how to hand launch and recover all my drones.  
2-29 13:51
Use props
djkiter78
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4072920 ft
Philippines

I'm actually surprised it allowed me to take off underneath that support beam of the boat. You can see the obstacle avoidance kick in as soon as I took off and it slid to the left as it went up. I think I may have gotten lucky and in hindsight I'm not sure I would attempt something similar in the future. What a rush though!

Thank you all for the feedback and glad you guys enjoyed the video.
3-3 23:19
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

The results were worth it!
3-17 10:15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now