Replaced Drone Found Later.
278 3 2-29 13:42
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Calvin H. Andy
lvl.1

United States

So here is what happened. I went out trekking in the woods one day and I found a DJI Air 2s drone. I sincerely tried to find the original owner. I checked the pictures, posted about it, drove around town looking for the house in the pictures, and asked DJI to help find the owner. For a little less than a year, I could not find the owner. However, just recently I was able to find him. I took the drone to his house and asked him if it was his. He said yes, and I could tell this was the true owner because he described exactly where he had lost the drone and that is where I found it. Anyway, he told me that he had called DJI and they had sent him a replacement drone. So, he said I could keep the drone. Well, I was reading about a case like this, and I read that DJI requires a lost drone that has been replaced to be returned to them it it is ever found. They say it is now their possession. Is this true?
2-29 13:42
Use props
LV_Forestry
First Officer
Flight distance : 4726654 ft
Latvia

https://support.dji.com/help/content?customId=en-us03400006883&spaceId=34&re=US&lang=en
2-29 14:57
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. We appreciate you for your kindness. You may contact our team at support@dji.com to process the return of the said unit. Should you have other inquiries, feel free to contact us. Have a wonderful day ahead.
2-29 21:30
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
Flight distance : 5902228 ft
  • >>>
United States

if you would like to be nice then you could believe what the original owner has told you and reach out to dji to confirm and go from there.  but you are under no legal obligation to return the drone to dji.
3-1 11:32
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules