Closing the app
289 14 3-1 21:32
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
CaptCrunch
lvl.2
Flight distance : 10873 ft
United States

If this isn't a noob question I don't know what is.
How do you close the Fly App?  I've been just restarting my phone but there's bound to be a better way that that.

3-1 21:32
Use props
harweyko
lvl.3
Flight distance : 605121 ft

Slovakia

As old school guy with android and 3 icons at the bottom of the screen I do it with double tap on back icon
3-1 23:32
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi there. You may exit from the app according to the usage method of the mobile phone (such as sliding up, down, or clicking the Home button). Have a nice day.
3-2 00:14
Use props
CaptCrunch
lvl.2
United States

DJI Tony Posted at 3-2 00:14
Hi there. You may exit from the app according to the usage method of the mobile phone (such as sliding up, down, or clicking the Home button). Have a nice day.

My phone involves a series of other clicks, taps and swipes just to bring up those 3 icons at the bottom. So I was hoping for a "Close App" button. This is only one of several reasons for my love/hate relationship with my phone. But y'all are right. This solution sure beats waiting for my phone to reboot. Thanks  :-)

I'm off to the store to buy a dedicated tablet to resolve even more issues with this love/hate thing. I just hope I don't end up with a whole new love/hate thing lol!
Anyhow, thanks again  :-)
3-2 07:19
Use props
_dji_user_
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1687385 ft
Estonia

In connection with the title of the topic, the question arose, what happens when the drone flies and the user closing app during the flight?
3-2 08:41
Use props
KLRSKIR
Second Officer
Flight distance : 28368625 ft
  • >>>
United States

_dji_user_ Posted at 3-2 08:41
In connection with the title of the topic, the question arose, what happens when the drone flies and the user closing app during the flight?

You will still have control of the aircraft.
3-2 08:44
Use props
_dji_user_
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1687385 ft
Estonia

KLRSKIR Posted at 3-2 08:44
You will still have control of the aircraft.

Does this mean the drone could be flown without connecting a phone to the rc-n controller.
3-2 08:50
Use props
CaptCrunch
lvl.2
United States

_dji_user_ Posted at 3-2 08:50
Does this mean the drone could be flown without connecting a phone to the rc-n controller.

I'm a newbie but I know this one. Yes. I've tried it before. But you absolutely positively MUST maintain visual contact with your drone. And not just because the safety rules say so.
3-2 09:27
Use props
CaptCrunch
lvl.2
United States

Dirty Bird Posted at 3-2 11:26
On Android swipe from the bottom edge of your phone where the onscreen buttons (back, running apps, home, etc.) show, then click Back twice.  Alternatively do the same, click the running apps button, & swipe Fly off the screen.

Thanks, I finally found a stylus and this works with that. Apparently I have zombie fingers. Touch screens completely ignore me 80% of the time. Problem is, I never seem to have a stylus around when I need one.
3-2 14:41
Use props
CaptCrunch
lvl.2
United States

LoL!  I hate touch screens. Almost as much as multiple choice questions that have zero correct answers. But I find life is full of both these days.
3-2 17:28
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

With Android I either minimise it and thenswipe it off the screen or double tap the back button at the bottom om the screen.
3-2 18:29
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

CaptCrunch Posted at 3-2 07:19
My phone involves a series of other clicks, taps and swipes just to bring up those 3 icons at the bottom. So I was hoping for a "Close App" button. This is only one of several reasons for my love/hate relationship with my phone. But y'all are right. This solution sure beats waiting for my phone to reboot. Thanks  :-)

I'm off to the store to buy a dedicated tablet to resolve even more issues with this love/hate thing. I just hope I don't end up with a whole new love/hate thing lol!

Hello. I understand the inconvenience. I'll forward your feedback to the relevant team to optimize and improve the app. Thank you for your patience.
3-3 03:01
Use props
Wambo74
lvl.1
United States

CaptCrunch Posted at 3-2 07:19
My phone involves a series of other clicks, taps and swipes just to bring up those 3 icons at the bottom. So I was hoping for a "Close App" button. This is only one of several reasons for my love/hate relationship with my phone. But y'all are right. This solution sure beats waiting for my phone to reboot. Thanks  :-)

I wonder if you really need all those various clicks...or just don't know the proper one.  I have had the same problem closing apps recently when the three icon buttons were not in sight.  I just discovered I can bring them up for a brief period with a minor finger drag from below to onto the screen.  Maybe give that a try.
3-4 20:48
Use props
CaptCrunch
lvl.2
United States

Wambo74 Posted at 3-4 20:48
I wonder if you really need all those various clicks...or just don't know the proper one.  I have had the same problem closing apps recently when the three icon buttons were not in sight.  I just discovered I can bring them up for a brief period with a minor finger drag from below to onto the screen.  Maybe give that a try.

Actually, I've seen that work when I've accidentally swiped it.  "Brief" would be an understatement though. Just haven't been able to get it to work when I need it to. But thanks, I'll keep trying that.
3-5 06:10
Use props
Wambo74
lvl.1
United States

CaptCrunch Posted at 3-5 06:10
Actually, I've seen that work when I've accidentally swiped it.  "Brief" would be an understatement though. Just haven't been able to get it to work when I need it to. But thanks, I'll keep trying that.

In getting out of the DJI app I find that swipe works perfectly on some pages and not at all on others.  So I do a back to the previous page if necessary for an exit.  I don't understand this stuff, just reporting what I've experienced.
3-5 16:05
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules