FAA remoteID sticker or RID compliancelabel
228 7 3-2 08:41
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Joostdelaat
lvl.1
Flight distance : 62041 ft
Netherlands

Hi. How do I get a FAA remoteID-sticker or RID-compliancelabel for my MA2-drone after getting RID by firmware-update in the US. Can I get one after registration on de FAA-dronezone-site?  Or is it maybe not necessary in this case?
I take my drone with me from the Netherlands to the US.

Thanks in advance for your support.

3-2 08:41
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

The FAA does not issue a RID sticker.  
3-3 07:30
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

This link should answer your questions:  Read the sections on recreational drone flying and then scroll down to this section:  What should I do when traveling with a drone to the United States?

https://www.grupooneair.com/us-drone-laws/

3-3 07:35
Use props
Mobilehomer
First Officer
Flight distance : 18150351 ft
United States

I asked DJI about this a few months ago. They will not issue the sticker. They said print this off and afix it along with the proper number. They SHOULD supply the PROPER replacement sticker!!
3-3 07:45
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
Flight distance : 5902228 ft
  • >>>
United States

I believe the rule says the manufacturer must apply the sticker to the drone when they build the drone which could mean they are not exactly responsible for the sticker if the events took place post-production.  I also understand that the flyer isn't exactly responsible for it either.  I dunno, I plan to print and install my own.

At least Skydio takes a stab at trying to answer the questions and let you know what to do:

https://support.skydio.com/hc/en ... ne-at-FAA-DroneZone
https://support.skydio.com/hc/en ... 7BYTJP2BW2ZA2076PM7
3-3 10:09
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, Joostdelaat. Thank you for reaching out. Drones that require firmware upgrades to support the FAA RID function, do not have a label in the aircraft shell, so you will need to print the sticker label below and paste it on the drone. Moreover, there is no certain requirement for the printing material or pasting location.
3-6 03:04
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Mobilehomer Posted at 3-3 07:45
I asked DJI about this a few months ago. They will not issue the sticker. They said print this off and afix it along with the proper number. They SHOULD supply the PROPER replacement sticker!!

We're sorry for the inconvenience, Mobilehomer. Rest assured that the newly produced drone will be affixed with an RID compliance label before leaving the factory. However, for drones that have been upgraded with RID-compliant firmware, you will need to print the sticker below and paste it on your drone. There is no certain requirement for the printing material or pasting location. Thank you for your kind understanding.
3-6 03:09
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

The Saint Posted at 3-3 10:09
I believe the rule says the manufacturer must apply the sticker to the drone when they build the drone which could mean they are not exactly responsible for the sticker if the events took place post-production.  I also understand that the flyer isn't exactly responsible for it either.  I dunno, I plan to print and install my own.

At least Skydio takes a stab at trying to answer the questions and let you know what to do:

Hi, The Saint. Thank you for your kind understanding of this situation. If your drone is a RID-compliant firmware complaint, kindly print the label above and then paste it on your drone.
3-6 03:13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules