USB cables
176 5 3-2 17:22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
CaptCrunch
lvl.2
Flight distance : 10873 ft
United States

Is there something special about the cable that comes with a RC-N1 controller? The manual seems adamant about which end of my cable goes where. And I don't know why because each end of my cable has a USB-C connector. But I just do what the manual says. They look just alike to me though except one is marked to plug specifically into the controller.
So now I'm going to need a longer cable, with a C connector on each end, to reach a tablet on a tablet holder. And when I went shopping, I soon realized not all usb cables are the same. Some are only for charging, some don't do video, and I don't have a clue what I'm looking for.
Has someone else here been down this road before and can point me in the right direction?
3-2 17:22
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

There is something known as an OTG plug but I DO NOT know if it is applicable to USB-C. ...... Perhaps you could google it ?

OTG IS applicable to the older micro USB connectors and does something to the socket, the micro USB OTG plug has an internal connection between two of its pins that a NON OTG plug does not.
3-2 18:27
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Is there something special about the cable that comes with a RC-N1 controller?
No
Some are only for charging, some don't do video, and I don't have a clue what I'm looking for.
Get any generic cable that fits and suits your purposes.
But don't get a charge-only cable, you need one that handles data as well.

3-2 19:27
Use props
CaptCrunch
lvl.2
United States

Sean-bumble-bee Posted at 3-2 18:27
There is something known as an OTG plug but I DO NOT know if it is applicable to USB-C. ...... Perhaps you could google it ?

OTG IS applicable to the older micro USB connectors and does something to the socket, the micro USB OTG plug has an internal connection between two of its pins that a NON OTG plug does not.

Tried googling USB OTG and pulled up lots of hits but I couldn't make heads or tails of what it is about.
3-2 21:44
Use props
CaptCrunch
lvl.2
United States

Labroides Posted at 3-2 19:27
Is there something special about the cable that comes with a RC-N1 controller?
No
Some are only for charging, some don't do video, and I don't have a clue what I'm looking for.

I tried replacing the original short cable with the longer cable that came with the drone. One end of the longer cable had a USB-A connector though so I had to use an A to C converter on that end. But it provided "no connection between the controller and the mobile device" (my phone). Problem may have been the converter or maybe it was just a charging cable and not a data cable, I don't know. But I've ordered a cable now with C connectors on both ends and it claims to be USB 2.0.  I think that must mean power + data cable.... not sure. But it won't be in for at least another week. So we'll see what happens then.

3-2 22:04
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi there. It is suggested to use the provided cable to ensure compatibility. However, most cables are also available for usage. It is recommended to use a data cable if you want to replace it with a longer one. Have a great day.
3-4 02:24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules