Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Just left to rot......

Makes me wonder what the average distance between wrecks is around here.  

Taken with Mini 3 Pro.

[See My Other Content...]

3-3 07:54
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

3-3 07:54
Use props
Depp
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1868796 ft
  • >>>
Germany

Shame (on them!)
3-3 09:06
Use props
Codgerzh2
First Officer
Flight distance : 15567024 ft
United Kingdom

Maybe they’ll disappear on bonfire night or maybe not as one of them boats looks like it’s seen more bonfire nights than me
3-3 12:58
Use props
BetterBizTech
First Officer
Flight distance : 5018169 ft
  • >>>
United States

Well, at least it's been a long time between dumps.
3-3 15:16
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Codgerzh2 Posted at 3-3 12:58
Maybe they’ll disappear on bonfire night or maybe not as one of them boats looks like it’s seen more bonfire nights than me

I doubt it,  although someone did set fire to one last year and it caused chaos with people thinking the railway line was on fire.
3-4 01:21
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Shame to see another boat just going to waste.  Nice shot though DA.  
3-4 04:36
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
Flight distance : 6188465 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Is this what happens to all the disused wrecks around there?  There seem to be scores of them.
3-4 06:56
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 3-4 04:36
Shame to see another boat just going to waste.  Nice shot though DA.

thanks DT.   
3-5 02:02
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Blériot53 Posted at 3-4 06:56
Is this what happens to all the disused wrecks around there?  There seem to be scores of them.

Ive lost count of them personally.  And just when you think you've found them all more pop up.  
3-5 02:03
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DAFlys Posted at 3-5 02:03
Ive lost count of them personally.  And just when you think you've found them all more pop up.

A constant supply of Photo opportunities
3-5 02:19
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

My pleasure DA.  Sorry that you didn't get that snow that was originally predicted for yesterday.  

I took the ATV out for a run around the perimeter of my property yesterday.  Saw a few near deer tracks but also saw signs of a fox.  Seems he/she is trying to make a den under a couple of fallen trees.  I'll have to keep an eye on that project and see if it gets completed.  I saw a couple of wild turkeys but they were fairly small so not yet cooking size.  
3-5 03:35
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Blériot53 Posted at 3-5 02:19
A constant supply of Photo opportunities

I think nows the time we should be planning for bluebells rather than wrecks,   have you looked into good bluebell woods near you yet?
3-6 00:40
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DAFlys Posted at 3-6 00:40
I think nows the time we should be planning for bluebells rather than wrecks,   have you looked into good bluebell woods near you yet?

There's one on the Sett valley trail about 2 miles from here. Remember last year?  It was a bit of a damp squib for us. More Marsh Marigolds than anything else.
3-6 00:43
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 3-5 03:35
My pleasure DA.  Sorry that you didn't get that snow that was originally predicted for yesterday.  

I took the ATV out for a run around the perimeter of my property yesterday.  Saw a few near deer tracks but also saw signs of a fox.  Seems he/she is trying to make a den under a couple of fallen trees.  I'll have to keep an eye on that project and see if it gets completed.  I saw a couple of wild turkeys but they were fairly small so not yet cooking size.

Nice.   we saw loads of deer the other day,  but sadly they were all road kill.  
3-6 00:47
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Blériot53 Posted at 3-6 00:43
There's one on the Sett valley trail about 2 miles from here. Remember last year?  It was a bit of a damp squib for us. More Marsh Marigolds than anything else.

Have you checked this list - https://visitpeakdistrict.com/bl ... d-the-peak-district
3-6 00:55
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DAFlys Posted at 3-6 00:55
Have you checked this list - https://visitpeakdistrict.com/blog/the-best-places-to-see-bluebells-in-derbyshire-and-the-peak-district

Thanks for that, I've bookmarked it.  It doesn't make any mention of our local one though.
3-6 01:02
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Blériot53 Posted at 3-6 01:02
Thanks for that, I've bookmarked it.  It doesn't make any mention of our local one though.

Well it did say the best places.  
3-6 01:40
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DAFlys Posted at 3-6 01:40
Well it did say the best places.

Cheeky
3-6 01:44
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Weve visited quite a few places over the last couple of years and we found that different places are better in different years so it worth checking a few different places out.    And it's also a good time to forage some wild garlic.  
3-6 01:49
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DAFlys Posted at 3-6 01:49
Weve visited quite a few places over the last couple of years and we found that different places are better in different years so it worth checking a few different places out.    And it's also a good time to forage some wild garlic.

That's fairly common around there too.
3-6 02:02
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 3-6 00:47
Nice.   we saw loads of deer the other day,  but sadly they were all road kill.

That's really sad to hear.  There was a report of a deer crossing a remote farm road and when a car came around the corner the car's lights blinded him so as he ran off the road he ran head on into a tree.  They were saying he was out cold for a minute or two and then came to and made a dash back across the road and attempted to just a fence.  Only he failed and broke his leg.  He had to be put down.
3-6 03:49
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 3-6 03:49
That's really sad to hear.  There was a report of a deer crossing a remote farm road and when a car came around the corner the car's lights blinded him so as he ran off the road he ran head on into a tree.  They were saying he was out cold for a minute or two and then came to and made a dash back across the road and attempted to just a fence.  Only he failed and broke his leg.  He had to be put down.

Thats really sad,  theres nothing better than catching a wild dear here in the country side,  but still quite rare to see the real wild ones.  
3-6 06:57
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 3-6 06:57
Thats really sad,  theres nothing better than catching a wild dear here in the country side,  but still quite rare to see the real wild ones.

Some of the deer are so tame they will walk right up to you.  Others take off at the first scent of a human.
3-6 13:36
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 3-6 13:36
Some of the deer are so tame they will walk right up to you.  Others take off at the first scent of a human.

Thats lovely,   the nearest place that have deer, they are all fenced in and they sometimes come over if you buy food from the local shop.  
3-7 01:21
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 3-7 01:21
Thats lovely,   the nearest place that have deer, they are all fenced in and they sometimes come over if you buy food from the local shop.

Sounds as if they are now well conditioned to go to humans for food.  They've lost that primal fear of humans.
3-7 03:54
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 3-7 03:54
Sounds as if they are now well conditioned to go to humans for food.  They've lost that primal fear of humans.

Yes,   it's an almost zoo like experience.    Unlike Richmond park that looks like it could be much more wild even though it's in London.
3-9 00:35
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 3-9 00:35
Yes,   it's an almost zoo like experience.    Unlike Richmond park that looks like it could be much more wild even though it's in London.

A couple of zoos here tried to turn some of their zoo born deer back out into the wild but unfortunately most didn't make it in the wild.  Seems they were too domesticated and just couldn't adapt to conditions in the wild.
3-9 06:44
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 3-9 06:44
A couple of zoos here tried to turn some of their zoo born deer back out into the wild but unfortunately most didn't make it in the wild.  Seems they were too domesticated and just couldn't adapt to conditions in the wild.

I can imagine its really difficult to train them how to look after themselves,    the local deer field here is quoted as being medieval but im struggling to find out anything about the source of them,    it would seem sensible if they were home for rescues.    I may have to pay a visit in the spring as it's been years since I last sent there.  
3-10 04:59
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 3-10 04:59
I can imagine its really difficult to train them how to look after themselves,    the local deer field here is quoted as being medieval but im struggling to find out anything about the source of them,    it would seem sensible if they were home for rescues.    I may have to pay a visit in the spring as it's been years since I last sent there.

Just one more thing to add to your "to do" list.  
3-10 05:39
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 3-10 05:39
Just one more thing to add to your "to do" list.

Yes,  first I need to check out some free parking nearby.
3-10 05:50
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 3-10 05:50
Yes,  first I need to check out some free parking nearby.

Time to do your recon work on that site.  
3-10 06:23
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 3-10 06:23
Time to do your recon work on that site.

Funnily enough Ive had a look,  there is some verge parking near there,  but no way I can leave my car there so it will wait until I borrow one.  
3-10 07:30
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 3-10 07:30
Funnily enough Ive had a look,  there is some verge parking near there,  but no way I can leave my car there so it will wait until I borrow one.

Nice find.  
3-10 14:20
Use props
ro_walker
First Officer
Brazil

Awesome place.
3-10 16:32
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

cheers ro_walker.   
3-11 01:13
Use props
ro_walker
First Officer
Brazil

DAFlys Posted at 3-11 01:13
cheers ro_walker.

3-11 09:55
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

There are probably a lot
3-19 00:42
Use props
2sticks
lvl.4
Flight distance : 131355 ft
United States

All that empty space adds a sense of calm and relaxation. Very nice.  
3-19 12:51
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

2sticks Posted at 3-19 12:51
All that empty space adds a sense of calm and relaxation. Very nice.

Cheers 2sticks.  
3-20 00:37
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules