Air 2S shut off and drop during flight
566 22 3-4 00:32
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
V M
lvl.1

Serbia

My Air 2S shut off and drop during flight. At that moment, it was hovering, there was no movement or joystick input. The battery was definitely over 50%. It was flying very close to me. Now gimbal is damaged; we haven't checked the rest yet...

Has anyone experienced similar issues? Do you know what could be the cause? Does it only happen on the Air 2S or on all DJI drones?

Thank you in advance.
3-4 00:32
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Maybe post your log. http://phantomhelp.com/logviewer/
3-4 01:32
Use props
V M
lvl.1

Serbia

DAFlys Posted at 3-4 01:32
Maybe post your log. http://phantomhelp.com/logviewer/

https://www.phantomhelp.com/logviewer/39H79LD583Y98BXWT0MO  
3-4 02:45
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, V M. We're sorry for the unfortunate experience. Since the gimbal is damaged, we highly suggest sending the unit in for a proper diagnosis. You may submit an online repair request through this link: {https://repair.dji.com/repair/index}. If you need assistance with creating a ticket, you may contact DJI support at (https://www.dji.com/support). We understand that this is not the answer that you look forward to, but this would be the best thing to do in this situation. In addition, warranty service can be claimed depending on the result of the Damage Assessment. Your kind understanding is appreciated and thank you for your continued support.
3-4 03:18
Use props
Pleomax
lvl.4
Flight distance : 835725 ft
United Kingdom

Hi VM

Sorry for your loss. Had a look at your log. A battery communication error reported at 530.7 secs all downhill from there.
Follow Dji Gamora's advice.

3-4 05:37
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 12260774 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Hi,

Had a look at your flight log too.

At 8m 23.4 s in flight a Battery Comms errror.
BUT your drone continues to fly in N mode and ActiveTrackBattery % in the log at a fixed value of 61% from here.

At 11m33.3 a disconnect Drone<>RC of 19.1 seconds, after reconnected again batt % shows now 46%
This is the last record, when drone has already fallen down.

Guess you did not screen record this flight ? There must have been a one or more warnings on the screen for this battery comms error. AND all batt warnings are serious ones.
You had more than 3 minutes to land your drone safely.
If no warnings on the screen than DJI should explain why not....

cheers
JJB
3-4 06:13
Use props
djiuser_2RmuRI9SNV2G
lvl.1
Flight distance : 53504 ft

Serbia

I have recorded the flight, there were no battery warnings or any other warnings.
3-4 10:09
Use props
Pleomax
lvl.4
United Kingdom

djiuser_2RmuRI9SNV2G Posted at 3-4 10:09
I have recorded the flight, there were no battery warnings or any other warnings.

You are correct. A battery communication error does not show on screen.

Don't know why !!! but should be programmed to show.

If you watch your remaining battery time while flying and it suddenly shows 00.00 then land immediately.
3-4 11:27
Use props
Pleomax
lvl.4
United Kingdom

First file 503.6 secs

Second file 503.7 secs
3-4 11:55
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 12260774 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Hi,

Amazing mistake from DJI !   You should get a warning ofcourse with such a battery failure!
Hope that DJI helps you out, think they should do this for you and all the DJI remote pilots.

cheers
JJB
3-4 12:51
Use props
V M
lvl.1

Serbia

DJI Gamora Posted at 3-4 03:18
Hi, V M. We're sorry for the unfortunate experience. Since the gimbal is damaged, we highly suggest sending the unit in for a proper diagnosis. You may submit an online repair request through this link: {https://repair.dji.com/repair/index}. If you need assistance with creating a ticket, you may contact DJI support at (https://www.dji.com/support). We understand that this is not the answer that you look forward to, but this would be the best thing to do in this situation. In addition, warranty service can be claimed depending on the result of the Damage Assessment. Your kind understanding is appreciated and thank you for your continued support.

I know it would be best to send the drone to the DJI service, but unfortunately, in our situation, that's not possible. The drone was purchased by middle school students for the needs of the section's work, as an extracurricular school activity. Sending the drone to the DJI service would take too much time and money, which the students don't have - all the modest funds we have are spent on buying the DJI drone.
3-4 13:42
Use props
V M
lvl.1

Serbia

DJI Gamora Posted at 3-4 03:18
Hi, V M. We're sorry for the unfortunate experience. Since the gimbal is damaged, we highly suggest sending the unit in for a proper diagnosis. You may submit an online repair request through this link: {https://repair.dji.com/repair/index}. If you need assistance with creating a ticket, you may contact DJI support at (https://www.dji.com/support). We understand that this is not the answer that you look forward to, but this would be the best thing to do in this situation. In addition, warranty service can be claimed depending on the result of the Damage Assessment. Your kind understanding is appreciated and thank you for your continued support.

We'll have to send the DJI drone to a local service and hope for the best.
3-4 13:44
Use props
V M
lvl.1

Serbia

The question of the drone's crash remains open... Now, the students are unsure during flights because they don't know if the crash will recur. When the students were fundraising and voting to purchase the DJI drone, one of the main reasons was the safety we hoped for by buying from a reputable manufacturer.  But now, I'm not sure if they made the right decision.

Greetings from the Middle School in Cajetina, Serbia.

www.utscajetina.edu.rs
3-4 13:53
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

V M Posted at 3-4 13:44
We'll have to send the DJI drone to a local service and hope for the best.

Thank you for the update, V M. Hopefully, the local service could fix the issue so that students can use the drone again for their extracurricular school activity.
3-6 07:40
Use props
DosPalotes
lvl.3
Flight distance : 35157 ft
  • >>>
Germany

V M Posted at 3-4 13:42
I know it would be best to send the drone to the DJI service, but unfortunately, in our situation, that's not possible. The drone was purchased by middle school students for the needs of the section's work, as an extracurricular school activity. Sending the drone to the DJI service would take too much time and money, which the students don't have - all the modest funds we have are spent on buying the DJI drone.

Hey, try to open a ticket at DJI, i had an issue with my DJI FPV, it crashed due do not responding any longer to controller and without having care refresh i opened a ticket, could send the old destroyed drone free of charge to DJI and they sent me a brand new one for free - without having care refresh. It took not longer than 2 weeks until i had the new drone. Give it a tryhttps://www.dji.com/en/support/repair
3-31 21:37
Use props
djiuser_2RmuRI9SNV2G
lvl.1

Serbia

DosPalotes Posted at 3-31 21:37
Hey, try to open a ticket at DJI, i had an issue with my DJI FPV, it crashed due do not responding any longer to controller and without having care refresh i opened a ticket, could send the old destroyed drone free of charge to DJI and they sent me a brand new one for free - without having care refresh. It took not longer than 2 weeks until i had the new drone. Give it a tryhttps://www.dji.com/en/support/repair

Thank you for the advice!
Unfortunately, as an educational institution, we are not able to comply with that procedure.
The drone was bought second-hand with funds collected solely by the students, so we don't have a warranty. Plus, it's over 4 years old.
Thank you anyway
4-1 02:59
Use props
eclipsek
lvl.2
Flight distance : 221952 ft
Poland

Pleomax Posted at 3-4 05:37
Hi VM

Sorry for your loss. Had a look at your log. A battery communication error reported at 530.7 secs all downhill from there.

A battery comms failure caused the aircraft to tipple? WOW that is some serious flaw, it shouldnt have shut itself entirely, and the fact  that people fly this drone over crowds with false cofidence OUCH, I guess DJI is good when looking at the big picture, but terrible at the details.
4-1 15:21
Use props
Burt37
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4009 ft
Australia

djiuser_2RmuRI9SNV2G Posted at 4-1 02:59
Unfortunately, as an educational institution, we are not able to comply with that procedure.
The drone was bought second-hand with funds collected solely by the students, so we don't have a warranty. Plus, it's over 4 years old.

Well, perhaps DJI could step in and replace your old drone with a new one for the school...

I'm sure that if you approach DJI with your credentials and explain the situation, a free replacement for your school would be a great opportunity for DJI to grab as a great advertisement and the chance to increase sales in your area...

It wouldn't be the first time that a multinational gives away stock in lieu of expensive advertisement...

Give it a go. You got nothing to lose...
4-1 15:51
Use props
djiuser_2RmuRI9SNV2G
lvl.1

Serbia

eclipsek Posted at 4-1 15:21
A battery comms failure caused the aircraft to tipple? WOW that is some serious flaw, it shouldnt have shut itself entirely, and the fact  that people fly this drone over crowds with false cofidence OUCH, I guess DJI is good when looking at the big picture, but terrible at the details.

The battery connection was not correct, they told me at the service that this happens with aircraft several years old.  Unfortunately, due to the crash, the gimbal was damaged, and the local service  couldn't repair it.
4-1 22:02
Use props
djiuser_2RmuRI9SNV2G
lvl.1

Serbia

Burt37 Posted at 4-1 15:51
Well, perhaps DJI could step in and replace your old drone with a new one for the school...

I'm sure that if you approach DJI with your credentials and explain the situation, a free replacement for your school would be a great opportunity for DJI to grab as a great advertisement and the chance to increase sales in your area...

Great idea!
I hope the employees at DJI are reading this.
4-1 22:04
Use props
djiuser_2RmuRI9SNV2G
lvl.1

Serbia

Burt37 Posted at 4-1 15:51
Well, perhaps DJI could step in and replace your old drone with a new one for the school...

Do you have an idea to which address I could address myself?  I presume I need the address for marketing or similar...
4-2 01:31
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

djiuser_2RmuRI9SNV2G Posted at 4-1 02:59

Hello there. Sorry about what happened to the aircraft. You can still send the aircraft to DJI for further checking. You can submit a repair request here (https://www.dji.com/global/support). If you are interested in sponsorship we recommend that you contact marketing@dji.com for inquiries. Please keep us posted if you need assistance. Have a nice day.
4-2 03:22
Use props
Burt37
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4009 ft
Australia

djiuser_2RmuRI9SNV2G Posted at 4-2 01:31
Do you have an idea to which address I could address myself?  I presume I need the address for marketing or similar...

Tony just replied to you with the correct approach to follow...

You need to follow the sponsorship channel....

Hope everything goes well for your school...
4-2 13:12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules