206 4 3-5 08:37
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_xyhN3EEoi51g
New
Flight distance : 84944 ft
United States

Hello~!
I was so excited with purchasing mini 3 pro drone from DJI website.
(Before this purchase, between 2018~2019, I used DJI Spark many times for aerial photography for church building/construction. Flew over 26 km)

I Just tried first flight this morning (partly cloudy here about 8:30am in the morning) and took some photos.
However, it was strange to see some green color tint at the right bottom corner of image as shown in the two exmaple shots here.
Sun was up at the upper left corner.

I am not sure what caused this strong green color issue.
Can it be normal caused by lense flare or some light reflection? or is it caused by some defects in camera?
(I have not experienced this type issue when flying Spark)

If you have any thoughts or advice, please share yours with me.

Thank you for readding this post!

Hyunjoong

DJI_0003_reduced.JPG
DJI_0012_reduced.JPG
DJI_0012_reduced_retouched.JPG
3-5 08:37
Use props
Serg SSA
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 6406329 ft
  • >>>
Russia

This is lens flare, everything is fine)
Here in the video I have a lot of glare, sometimes they come in handy)
3-5 10:43
Use props
hjcho2024
New
Flight distance : 84944 ft
United States

Serg SSA Posted at 3-5 10:43
This is lens flare, everything is fine)
Here in the video I have a lot of glare, sometimes they come in handy)
https://youtu.be/8vu35QhHrZ0?si=38PL4Ks-5KJEKSSv

Thank you for sharing your opinion! I will keep using it to see how much glare affects taking a picture. In video clip, glare is in general looking good. But, in the photos, sometimes, it ruins the image/color.
Thank you for your reply1
3-5 13:34
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

The issue in your first photo is normal flare caused by shooting towards the sun and having the sun's rays fall directly on th elens.
The issue in your 3rd photo is different and is caused by whatever editing you've done to dial up the saturation on the image.
3-5 13:56
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. A glare is an aberration caused by the error deflection of light due to some non-ideal factors when a lens transmits images. A camera lens is composed of a number of different individual glass lenses mounted together as a group, which are referred to as lens elements. When bright light passes through a camera lens, part of the light will be reflected by the surfaces of these lens elements. This internal reflection can cause ghost-like blobs of light to appear in the resulting image. Thus, glare is caused by the diffusion and reflection of light that occur inside the lens.

A camera lens will be coated with a very thin film on each lens unit to reduce the reflectivity on these surfaces. Film coating can reduce the glare but not fully eliminate it.

Glare will happen when the lens faces bright light sources like the sun or high-power bulbs.

Common ways to avoid camera lens glare:

1. Use a microfiber cloth (such as a glass cloth) to wipe the lens (rough wiping may damage the coating film).
2. Adjust the shooting angle, and avoid facing toward strong light sources.
3. Add an ND filter.
3-6 21:46
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules