212 3 3-5 15:53
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
garyphayes
lvl.3
Flight distance : 27840676 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Have used the Air 2s without issue for a couple of years, fantastic drone but ...

Yesterday for no reason I noticed the horzion was tilted in one direction (a windless day) - as I rotated in one direction (north in my case) there was a definite tilt of several degrees which was not there before.

I brought it down and did a couple of Gimbal auto calibrations and IMU and compass ... back up and it is still there. I used the manual calibration in the air to correct it in that direction but of course it throws out the horizon in the other directions.

An odd thing is if I go into sport mode and spin it on the spot it sorts itself out for a short time, but then stationery in that direction I can literally watch it slowly go off tilt again in a matter of 20-30 seconds ... ?

So a little confused as to
1 - why has it suddenly started doing this after so many flights
2 - why is it in one direction only ...

Any thoughts beyond - send it back to Dji for a complete Gimbal assembly repair!

3-5 15:53
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi there. Sorry about the trouble. Please try the following procedures below. ( Feel free to skip some steps if they have been already done.)
1. Check whether the gimbal is in Follow mode.
2. If the gimbal is skewed after a collision, please send the aircraft back to DJI for diagnosis.
3. If the camera screen is skewed, please check whether the image transmission and the original footage are both skewed. If so, the issue may be caused by the abnormal horizontal angle of the gimbal. Please follow the troubleshooting steps listed below:
a. First check the wind velocity in the flight environment: The stabilization effect will be affected by strong wind. We recommend flying to a different environment or waiting for some time before taking off again.
b. If the control stick is pushed with too much force, the aircraft speed will be high, which reduces the stabilization effect. It is recommended to push the control stick gently.
c. Please check whether the propellers are damaged or deformed. If there is any damage and deformation, it is recommended to replace the propellers. Verify that the two propellers on the same motor have the same batch number. Please use two propellers with the same batch number.
d. Ensure that the aircraft is not in S mode when flying.
e. Remove the microSD card from the aircraft. Place the aircraft on a leveled surface and restart it.
f. Please try with gimbal calibration, resetting gimbal parameters, and IMU calibration.
g. Use the DJI Assistant 2 to update the firmware. If it is already updated, please refresh the firmware. You can download the software to your computer here: https://www.dji.com/downloads/so ... sumer-drones-series
I hope this helps. Please keep us posted.
3-5 19:33
Use props
garyphayes
lvl.3
Flight distance : 27840676 ft
  • >>>
Australia

DJI Tony Posted at 3-5 19:33
Hi there. Sorry about the trouble. Please try the following procedures below. ( Feel free to skip some steps if they have been already done.)
1. Check whether the gimbal is in Follow mode.
2. If the gimbal is skewed after a collision, please send the aircraft back to DJI for diagnosis.

Thanks - there are a couple on here that i haven't tried yet, but I find it odd that the slope is in one particular direction without wind?
3-7 05:10
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

garyphayes Posted at 3-7 05:10
Thanks - there are a couple on here that i haven't tried yet, but I find it odd that the slope is in one particular direction without wind?

Hi. Feel free to skip that if it doesn't apply. Please keep us posted. Have a great day ahead.
3-10 04:13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules