Mini Pro 4 / 90d vert ascension w/ 360d rotation
407 20 3-6 09:46
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
trey05
lvl.1

United States

I'm trying to create a shot where the drone climbs straight up while also rotating 360d. I have to use waypoints bc I want to go back and run the route again at different times of the day and then edit it all down to one shot.

Example:

1st wp is at 2m facing N
2nd wp is at 4m rotated approx 120d
3rd wp is at 6m rotated another 120d
4th wp is at 8m rotated to N again

That should give me 1 rotation while climbing 6m.

But 19 times out of 20, the drone rotates back instead of moving forward after the 2nd waypoint (then it continues as it should.)

Please see video @3:30 mark.

How do I correct for clean 360d rotation? https://youtu.be/FnqNaMKLLVM

Thanks

3-6 09:46
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi there, may we confirm if you want the drone to rotate to the right side for 120 degrees at the second waypoint and then rotate to the right side for another 120 degrees? We will confirm with the corresponding team and get back to you asap.
3-7 02:07
Use props
tre05
lvl.1

United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 3-7 02:07
Hi there, may we confirm if you want the drone to rotate to the right side for 120 degrees at the second waypoint and then rotate to the right side for another 120 degrees? We will confirm with the corresponding team and get back to you asap.

Thanks for getting back... yes, it should continue rotating to the right...

If it's any help, the glitch happens between wp 2 and wp 3...it has never glitched between any other wps.
3-7 07:33
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

tre05 Posted at 3-7 07:33
Thanks for getting back... yes, it should continue rotating to the right...

If it's any help, the glitch happens between wp 2 and wp 3...it has never glitched between any other wps.

Hi there, could you please provide us with a video showing the whole waypoint set up and performing process for further checking? If the issue still exists this time, please also export the log for our further analysis.
Please download and install the latest version of the DJI Assistant 2 (Consumer Drones Series) https://www.dji.com/mini-4-pro/downloads
Step I: Please connect the aircraft to a computer with a USB-C cable. Launch DJI Assistant 2 (Consumer Drones Series). Tap the “DJI Mini 4 Pro” Aircraft icon.
Step II: Go to the Product Page. Select “Log Export” on the left menu. Then, select the required time point data and finally select “Save to Local”.
Step III: After “Download Complete” appears, it indicates that the data has been saved locally.
Step IV: The saved file format is .DAT files. Please upload the video and log to Dropbox or Google Drive and then send us the link here.
3-8 00:44
Use props
trey05
lvl.1

United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 3-8 00:44
Hi there, could you please provide us with a video showing the whole waypoint set up and performing process for further checking? If the issue still exists this time, please also export the log for our further analysis.
Please download and install the latest version of the DJI Assistant 2 (Consumer Drones Series) https://www.dji.com/mini-4-pro/downloads
Step I: Please connect the aircraft to a computer with a USB-C cable. Launch DJI Assistant 2 (Consumer Drones Series). Tap the “DJI Mini 4 Pro” Aircraft icon.

Hey Mindy,

Thank for that. My drone won't  connect to DJI Assistant program. I have the program up and running, I'm signed it, drone is on and connected via usb-c. It's not taking me past the screen with the usb-a plug image and it isn't giving me the option to add my drone.

Jacob
3-14 08:29
Use props
trey05
lvl.1

United States

trey05 Posted at 3-14 08:29
Hey Mindy,

Thank for that. My drone won't  connect to DJI Assistant program. I have the program up and running, I'm signed it, drone is on and connected via usb-c. It's not taking me past the screen with the usb-a plug image and it isn't giving me the option to add my drone.

nvrmnd...3rd times a charm...I'm connected.
3-14 12:58
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

trey05 Posted at 3-14 12:58
nvrmnd...3rd times a charm...I'm connected.

Glad to hear that. May I know if the issue has been resolved? If you need further assistance, please feel free to let us know.
3-15 02:08
Use props
trey05
lvl.1

United States

DJI Thor Posted at 3-15 02:08
Glad to hear that. May I know if the issue has been resolved? If you need further assistance, please feel free to let us know.

Hey Thor - It hasn't been resolved. The link below will take you to the gdrive folder with 2 videos and 1 log (I didn't stop between sessions, so it's all on one log...I think...)

Both of the attempts include 2 complete rotations. The only difference between the two shots is the first one is up 5 feet, rotate 120d on repeat until 2 rotations have been completed. The second video is the same thing but the steps are at 10 feet instead of 5 feet.

I appreciate y'all's help on this. Im the kid that gets the new bike for his birthday and the first thing I do is climb on the roof with it and jump off into the swimming pool...just to see if I can....
3-15 08:35
Use props
trey05
lvl.1

United States

DJI Thor Posted at 3-15 02:08

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1fB99JAOWzpiHJCCux00ciKz4_CXjHTh3?usp=drive_link
3-15 08:38
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

trey05 Posted at 3-15 08:38
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1fB99JAOWzpiHJCCux00ciKz4_CXjHTh3?usp=drive_link

Thank you for your reply, trey05. Sorry that we could not visit the link since the access was denied. Would you please help to double-check so that we could help? Thanks.
3-15 22:51
Use props
tre05
lvl.1

United States

DJI Thor Posted at 3-15 22:51
Thank you for your reply, trey05. Sorry that we could not visit the link since the access was denied. Would you please help to double-check so that we could help? Thanks.

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1fB99JAOWzpiHJCCux00ciKz4_CXjHTh3

Link fixed. thx.
3-16 04:58
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

tre05 Posted at 3-16 04:58
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1fB99JAOWzpiHJCCux00ciKz4_CXjHTh3

Link fixed. thx.

Hi there, we are sorry for any confusion caused. We also need a screen recording video showing how you set up the waypoints as well as the drone operation after you tap start.
3-18 01:15
Use props
tre05
lvl.1

United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 3-18 01:15
Hi there, we are sorry for any confusion caused. We also need a screen recording video showing how you set up the waypoints as well as the drone operation after you tap start.

Hi Mindy

Can do. I don't have that info for the videos i sent already. Ill go shoot tomorrow and upload with a new gdrive link.

thnx
3-18 14:49
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

tre05 Posted at 3-18 14:49
Hi Mindy

Can do. I don't have that info for the videos i sent already. Ill go shoot tomorrow and upload with a new gdrive link.

Thanks. We will wait for your update.
3-19 05:31
Use props
tre05
lvl.1

United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 3-19 05:31
Thanks. We will wait for your update.

Hey y'all - I'm still here. Was waiting on propellers and now it won't stop raining. I should be able to shoot tomorrow.

3-22 09:59
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

tre05 Posted at 3-22 09:59
Hey y'all - I'm still here. Was waiting on propellers and now it won't stop raining. I should be able to shoot tomorrow.

Sure. Once you finish the shooting, please update us the video, we will help you to further follow.
3-22 23:47
Use props
trey05
lvl.1

United States

DJI Thor Posted at 3-22 23:47
Sure. Once you finish the shooting, please update us the video, we will help you to further follow.

Done. Your patience has been greatly appreciated.

Two folders, one for each attempt, containing:

Drone view (drone)
Screenshot video (ss)
Exterior video (s24)
Data logs

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/10XhQgKZUBRLvaLpNnLr2N1rIEajPf8Ep?usp=sharing
3-27 13:13
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

trey05 Posted at 3-27 13:13

Two folders, one for each attempt, containing:

Thank you for your sharing. We forwarded to our engineers team. Once we get any results, we will update you as soon as possible.
3-27 23:08
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

trey05 Posted at 3-27 13:13

Two folders, one for each attempt, containing:

Our engineers have reviewed your operation settings. Currently, the waypoint flight function cannot support waypoint task settings in the pure vertical direction. Therefore, after setting the waypoint, the APP cannot effectively calculate the time required to complete the task, and the execution is difficult. There will also be some problems.
Therefore, it is recommended that when you use waypoints to fly, please ensure that the distance of the aircraft changes in the horizontal direction. We will also forward your usage needs to the relevant team for evaluation.
3-30 02:51
Use props
tre05
lvl.1

United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 3-30 02:51
Our engineers have reviewed your operation settings. Currently, the waypoint flight function cannot support waypoint task settings in the pure vertical direction. Therefore, after setting the waypoint, the APP cannot effectively calculate the time required to complete the task, and the execution is difficult. There will also be some problems.
Therefore, it is recommended that when you use waypoints to fly, please ensure that the distance of the aircraft changes in the horizontal direction. We will also forward your usage needs to the relevant team for evaluation.

tyvm. One of the reasons I love dji: Got a problem? Odds are engineering will look at it. If I have time, I'll go out and see how close I can keep it.
3-30 13:55
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

tre05 Posted at 3-30 13:55
tyvm. One of the reasons I love dji: Got a problem? Odds are engineering will look at it. If I have time, I'll go out and see how close I can keep it.

You're welcome. If you have any further inquiries, please feel free to contact us.
3-31 00:51
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules