Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
UV Lens Cracked P3P
757 2 2015-9-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Darrendirl
lvl.3
Flight distance : 822021 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Looking for advice!

I purchased my Phantom 3 Professional in July. I really like the machine and it's a great improvement over the Phantom 2. Unfortunately, I have had an issue develop. A few days ago after some flying, I noticed the UV filter Lens (http://store.dji.com/product/phantom-3-uv-filter) was dirty from dust. I used a cleaning cloth from my DSLR camera pack, used to clean many of my camera lens / filters, and the UV lens filter on my P3 Pro cracked when cleaning it... with a cloth?

In my opinion, it's completely unacceptable for a glass filter to crack when wiping it gently with a cloth. I'm in a position where I can't fly my P3 Pro to shoot photos and video due to the crack. I have a DSLR and 10 lens and never has a lens or UV filter cracked when cleaning with a lens cloth. So I complained to DJI as I think a free replacement is in order here (GoPro are amazing for sorting this kind of stuff out if it's a defect) and so far with DJI I've been bounced from Sales, to Tech Support to Drone Repair back to sale. I'm going around in circles.

Anyone got any advice on how to get resolution here?
2015-9-11
Use props
dorn.michael10
lvl.4

United States

I agree that it is unacceptable and likely a defect. However for the amount of time you'll spend fighting with tech support and for them to actually ship you the new part it might just be worth it to buy it yourself. 38$ is a lot for a piece of glass but in the span of a 1300 quad its not that bad and will get  you up and flying again much faster. Heres an amazon link if your interested. http://www.amazon.com/gp/product ... Id=2O4QRIHONWR7NR36
2015-9-11
Use props
Darrendirl
lvl.3
Flight distance : 822021 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

dorn.michael10@ Posted at 2015-9-11 21:24
I agree that it is unacceptable and likely a defect. However for the amount of time you'll spend fig ...

It was more of a principle thing than the money to be honest. It does look like I'll have to just buy it as I need to be flying, not fighting DJI support.
2015-9-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules