1521 10 2015-9-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
dopeytree
lvl.4
Flight distance : 6716467 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Hi weighing up my purchase options, inspire pro with x5r or a custom s1000+ with a sony a7s2. Does this updated Inspire have lightbridge 2? Or is this just a stand alone product? Would be perfect for live broadcast.
Cheers

2015-9-11
Use props
Eltmiester
lvl.2

United Kingdom

I'm thinking the same. As I already have a Canon 5D MK III going down the S1000 route might be a better option. Might be wrong but I think the LB2 is a stand alone product ?
2015-9-11
Use props
Tahoe_Ed
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2605 ft
  • >>>
United States

The question that you have to ask is, do I want camera control, not just record and pictures but real camera control.  Aperture, ISO, focus, HDR, time-lapse, etc.  If that is not an issue the go for the LB2.  I have a S900 with GH4 and now a LB2.  While I am still setting it up it appears promising for the higher end cameras and gimbals.  There will always be a disconnect with the RTF Prosumer and the S series frame and gimbal.  The ease of use vs the quality of the product is in the eye of the beholder.  That is not something that DJI can make.  We can only offer choices.  
2015-9-11
Use props
Eltmiester
lvl.2

United Kingdom

Tahoe_Ed Posted at 2015-9-12 08:07
The question that you have to ask is, do I want camera control, not just record and pictures but rea ...

Valid points. As a pro photographer my main interest is in the quality of the image and the reliability of the kit, far more than the latest bells and whistles.
2015-9-12
Use props
dopeytree
lvl.4
Flight distance : 6716467 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Well I currently have a phantom 3 & the ease at which I can get amazing shots is brilliant. There's no point really controlling the aperture unless you let it take tele lenses. & I notice theres an 45mm that is only 116g so the same weight as the wide lenses your selling. With this 45mm you could shoot at f2.8 & shots of people would look fantastic. It would really put you in competition with folks flying a red. The fact that you can deploy in 2minutes is a massive bonus.

if the x5r had built in nd filters that would be amazing like the sony sf700.

I'm hoping DJi will bring out an inspire 2 with the release of the x5r. Just a few tweaks.
Updated Motors. FPV Pilot Camera - Lightbridge 2 - Guidance?
2015-9-13
Use props
sultangris01
lvl.4

United States

i believe the answer to your question is yes, the LB2 is standalone, the inspire 1, inspire 1pro do not have and are not compatible with LB2
2015-9-13
Use props
johnhelicopters
New

United Kingdom

Tahoe_Ed Posted at 2015-9-12 08:07
The question that you have to ask is, do I want camera control, not just record and pictures but rea ...

HI
  I HAVE S900 WITH WOOKONG WORKING WITH MC 20 AND A SECOND MC 16 FOR CAMERA
CAN YOU USE THE LIGHTBRIDGE 2 INPLACE OF SECOND MC16 BUT STILL HAVE 100% CONTROL OF S900 ON THE MC 20 WITH OUT LOOSING ANY FUNCTIONS AS I AM USEING 12 CHANNELS.
     REGARDS JEM
2015-9-30
Use props
DJI-BladeStrike
Second Officer
Flight distance : 872694 ft
  • >>>
United States

johnhelicopters Posted at 2015-9-30 05:29
HI
  I HAVE S900 WITH WOOKONG WORKING WITH MC 20 AND A SECOND MC 16 FOR CAMERA
CAN YOU USE THE L ...

No you will need an A2 for LB2 support.
2015-9-30
Use props
johnhelicopters
New

United Kingdom

DJI-BladeStrike Posted at 2015-9-30 16:19
No you will need an A2 for LB2 support.

HI
   THANKS FOR REPLY I AM A BIT PUZZLED THAT YOU SAY I NEAD THE A2 WHEN DJI SAYS IT SUPPORTS
BOTH A2 AND WOOKONG WHAT AM I MISSING HERE .CAN YOU EXPLAIN PLEASE.
REGARDS   JOHN
2015-9-30
Use props
walky
lvl.2

Australia

Would it not make commercial sense for DJi to make a plate to mount the X5 series to the Spreading Wing Series of frames? This would be a game changer, making full camera control via LB2 and the app possible, while being smaller and lighter than a Z15, and offering redundancy over that of the Inspire 1.
Doesn't the spiel from DJi for Lightbridge2 actually mention full camera control from the app???
2015-9-30
Use props
DJI-BladeStrike
Second Officer
Flight distance : 872694 ft
  • >>>
United States

johnhelicopters Posted at 2015-9-30 12:42
HI
   THANKS FOR REPLY I AM A BIT PUZZLED THAT YOU SAY I NEAD THE A2 WHEN DJI SAYS IT SUPPORTS
B ...

John -

I was only aware of it supporting A2. You are correct It will support WKM but don't know what options will be supported at this time. Hopefully one of the R&D members can chime in...?
2015-9-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules