262 3 3-7 10:51
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Jackvg83
lvl.3
Flight distance : 382073 ft
Netherlands

Hello there,

Since a few weeks i am the proud owner of a Dji Air 3. Its amazing to fly and make photos and videos, but one thing keeps kinda bugging me. And that is landing on a launchpad. From my previous Mavic Air, i am used to make very small steering corrections on the last centimeters before touching the ground, so i can always land in the middle of the pad. This does not seem to work with the air 3. Once its landing automatically the last 50 centimeters, you can do nothing. I even bought a bigger pad, but sometimes when landing i see its not exactly above the middle of the pad, and then i cannot correct this, which results mostly in some mown gras and/or propellor collision warning. It takes very precise hovering above the pad and make corrections before initiate the landing. While its not a huge problem, i was wondering if other people experience this too? And is there maybe something i can do about it? I can disable the obstacle avoidance, and then i cán correct until the last moment. But offcourse this has another problem by hitting the ground too hard.

3-7 10:51
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

In order for precision landing to work the home point must be recorded on takeoff and must not be changed during flight.  During takeoff, the drone must ascend at least 7m before moving horizontally.  The terrain features of the home point must be sufficiently distinctive (i.e. snow covered ground doesn't work). Lighting conditions must not be too bright or too dark.  

During precision landing the following actions are available;
1 - Press the throttle stick down to accelerate landing.
2 - Movement of any other control stick besides the throttle stick will be regarded as giving up precision landing.  

3-7 11:23
Use props
virtual
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4897142 ft
Czechia

I don't have problem to land manually on landing pad, maybe in strong wind gusts (I try to step in the wind to protect the landing area with my body) but in general it works well for me (actually never had propellor collision warning). I do not disable OA or downward sensor. GPS reception is important. Sometimes I switch to Cine mode for more precise control and it is good to be not to close to the pad (because of OA)...
3-8 02:35
Use props
Jackvg83
lvl.3
Flight distance : 382073 ft
Netherlands

Thank you for your answers. I knew about precisionlanding, but i think this will only work on RTH. I will try something with it anyway.
Also with a little more effort its not really a problem, just something i was really used to do. Maybe swithing to Cine is a good idea to also try.
3-8 03:01
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules