Just an Idea
255 8 3-7 11:23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fansc0b0cf05
lvl.1

Germany

Gents,

I am happy with my DJI Pocket 3. I also bought the ND filters from DJI cause they already work well on others products.

But! As you know, you can not witch off the gimbal with an attached filter, it is too big.

--> Would it not be possible  to give an option for switching the Gimbal off without going into the rest position? Otherwise the filters doesnt make any sense for the purpose of a gimbal that is very fast in siwtiching on and off.

Is that possible?

Greetings
3-7 11:23
Use props
TooDeep
lvl.4
United Kingdom

My understanding is the Pocket 3 is programmed to adopt a different rest position when a filter is attached. No, I didn't like the sound of that either but it appears there's some built in logic that, when the gimbal senses an obstruction such as a filter while shutting down, tells it to come to rest in an alternative position with the lens therefore still exposed, which I guess is almost what you're asking for. Personally, I would have preferred a design which could accommodate the filters better or thinner filters but it's hard to believe that this wasn't considered, so I guess it couldn't be done.
3-7 16:21
Use props
fansc0b0cf05
lvl.1

Germany

Thanks for your reply. Sadly there is no sensing for rhe filters, it just tries to go to the resting position. The regular blocked motors sensing is active but that was made for an other topic. That will switch off the gimbal if course after a certain amount of tries.

It already would be enough to have a checkmark in the menue for filters. Maybe DJI have a thought about it?

Greetings

// I think you are right. I placed the filters in wrong direction and it did not work. When mounted correctly it actually really has a different stop position. My failure
3-7 20:51
Use props
KlimaPic
lvl.4
Flight distance : 360115 ft
  • >>>
Germany

I just tried it with my filters (DJI and Freewell), the Pocket 3 turns off and the lens is facing same direction as the display. That shoud be the "with filter" position when turing off.

3-7 21:53
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. When Osmo Pocket 3 is powered off and enters Storage Mode, the lens will first rotate inwards. The wide-angle lens touches the axis arm lightly and then rotates in the opposite direction to the screen. Once done, it can be stored in the protective case. This is applicable for both the Black Mist Filter and ND Filter.
3-8 02:35
Use props
fans58d12c22
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Hi  Just bought the pocket 3 and dji nd filters.  When I shut it down with the nd attached I get a gimbal error and the filter gets stuck inside.  Pocket 2 did not do this as it detected the filter and shut down with the lens pointing out.  Do you have to take filters off now when shutting down?  Thanks
3-10 15:19
Use props
fansc0b0cf05
lvl.1

Germany

Thwy have to be mounted wirh reflective side facing towards outside. If not it will get stuck, that was my problem  as well.
image.jpg
3-10 20:35
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

fans58d12c22 Posted at 3-10 15:19
Hi  Just bought the pocket 3 and dji nd filters.  When I shut it down with the nd attached I get a gimbal error and the filter gets stuck inside.  Pocket 2 did not do this as it detected the filter and shut down with the lens pointing out.  Do you have to take filters off now when shutting down?  Thanks

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. It is recommended that you remove the ND filter when turning off your DJI Pocket 3 camera. Have a nice day.
3-10 22:21
Use props
fans58d12c22
lvl.1

United Kingdom

fansc0b0cf05 Posted at 3-10 20:35
Thwy have to be mounted wirh reflective side facing towards outside. If not it will get stuck, that was my problem  as well.

Great thanks thats where I was going wrong.
3-11 04:40
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules