Phantom 4 Pro V2.0 won't update to latest firmware
453 8 3-8 08:10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
taphillips
lvl.1

United States

I have a handful of Phantom 4 Pro V2.0 aircraft that I need to update for RID compliance. Going the normal "Check For Updates" route is installing aircraft firmware version 01.00.5200 which was released 11-23-22. I need it to update to firmware version 01.00.70.17 that was released 11-23-23. Can anyone explain why Check For Updates isn't pulling the newest firmware and/or how to fix it?
3-8 08:10
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we do apologize for the trouble. To update the firmware of your DJI Phantom 4 Pro V2.0 aircraft, download the DJI Assistant 2 software to your computer and install it, connect your drone to the computer and run the software then update the firmware. You may download the software using the link below. If you have other inquiries, feel free to contact us. Hope this helps.

https://www.dji.com/global/downl ... t-dji-2-for-phantom
3-8 23:43
Use props
djiuser_QGukighd79AY
New

United States

Is there a newer version of the DJI assistant 2 software? That one the DJI website says it isn't compatible with macOS version 11 or later. I've got OS 14.3...so how do I update my drone?
3-19 07:46
Use props
Tnsflyr
lvl.2
Flight distance : 704948 ft
United States

The DJI assistant 2 software appears to be running but nothing is happening when I connect my Phantom Pro +, I believe it have the right connection to my laptop.
3-23 20:47
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Tnsflyr Posted at 3-23 20:47
The DJI assistant 2 software appears to be running but nothing is happening when I connect my Phantom Pro +, I believe it have the right connection to my laptop.

Hi. Thank you for reaching out. may I know what OS is your computer using? Also please make sure you are using the correct version of Assistant 2 for the Phantom 4 Pro+. You can download it here: https://www.dji.com/global/downl ... t-dji-2-for-phantom. Have a nice day.
3-23 22:07
Use props
Tnsflyr
lvl.2
Flight distance : 704948 ft
United States

I'm using Windows 11, Version 23H2 (OS Build 22631.3296)
Thank you.
3-30 20:44
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Tnsflyr Posted at 3-30 20:44
I'm using Windows 11, Version 23H2 (OS Build 22631.3296)
Thank you.

Thank you for the update. Please try the procedures below:
1. Make sure to download the correct DJI Assistant 2 software.
2. Make sure the connected device(remote controller or drone) is powered on.
3. Reinstall the DJI Assistant 2 software.
4. Turn off the Firewall. (This step is only for Win.)
5. Replace the USB cable connected to the unit and PC. (for those pc with C port only, please advise the customer to use type-C to type-C rather than OTG+type-C);
6. Install the driver manually, here are the steps: (This step is only for Win.)
① Unplug and plug in the USB cable or use another USB cable. --> In WIN7 or a later system, turn off the antivirus program on the computer. Reinstall DJI Assistant 2. --> Manually re-install the driver.
② Right-click “My Computer” --> “Administration” --> Select “Device Manager”, and check the drivers that should be installed in Windows (as shown in the figure).
7. Try using a different computer if possible.
I hope this helps. Please keep us posted. Have a nice day.
3-30 21:37
Use props
fans57edaf43
New

United States

DJI Tony Posted at 3-30 21:37
Thank you for the update. Please try the procedures below:
1. Make sure to download the correct DJI Assistant 2 software.
2. Make sure the connected device(remote controller or drone) is powered on.

Neither my Phantom 4 Pro v2 nor the controller are connecting via USB, either. I'm trying to load the driver manually. @DJI Tony, Your instructions say "check the drivers that should be installed in Windows (as shown in the figure")... what figure? I'm in the Device Manager but I don't know where exactly to look. Thanks.  
4-4 07:36
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

fans57edaf43 Posted at 4-4 07:36
Neither my Phantom 4 Pro v2 nor the controller are connecting via USB, either. I'm trying to load the driver manually. @DJI Tony, Your instructions say "check the drivers that should be installed in Windows (as shown in the figure")... what figure? I'm in the Device Manager but I don't know where exactly to look. Thanks.  [view_image]

My apologies. Please refer to this figure:

Please feel free to keep me posted.
4-6 00:51
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules