530 23 3-8 11:26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
nmb1970
lvl.2
Flight distance : 169990 ft
Portugal

Hello there!
I’ve been using my mini2 for 2 years without an issue but I haven’t been flying for a while.
Two weeks ago I needed to record an event and powered on the system to check for updates before.
RC Controller had an update and I made it.
First thing weird was with the controller and drone side by side on a table, connection was poor. Checked frequency and only was poor on 5GHz. 2.4 was perfect. Not good but I was thinking maybe the crowded wifi network on the neighborhood was the reason.
On the event I fired the drone and seemed to work fine until…
I was very close to the drone and was getting disconnection issues. two or three times I was getting closer to regain connection but the issue continue so I cease to use it.
I uploaded the log so if anyone can light some reason on this happening…
Thanks!

3-8 11:26
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we do apologize for the trouble. Please download the DJI Assistant 2 software on your computer and update/refresh the firmware of the aircraft and remote controller. It is also recommended to update the app to the latest version to avoid any unknown issues. After doing the updates or refreshing the firmware (if you are using the latest), have a test flight in different to see if the issue persists. You may start a screen recording during the test flight so you can send it to us after if you experience any sudden behavior. Please keep us posted. We appreciate your cooperation.

DJI Assistant 2 software: https://www.dji.com/global/downl ... sumer-drones-series
3-8 23:29
Use props
nmb1970
lvl.2
Portugal

DJI Paladin Posted at 3-8 23:29
Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we do apologize for the trouble. Please download the DJI Assistant 2 software on your computer and update/refresh the firmware of the aircraft and remote controller. It is also recommended to update the app to the latest version to avoid any unknown issues. After doing the updates or refreshing the firmware (if you are using the latest), have a test flight in different to see if the issue persists. You may start a screen recording during the test flight so you can send it to us after if you experience any sudden behavior. Please keep us posted. We appreciate your cooperation.

DJI Assistant 2 software: https://www.dji.com/global/downloads/softwares/dji-assistant-2-consumer-drones-series

Ok. Already tried changing firmware from the latest to the previous both on drone and controller.

It looks like 5.8GHz mode has die on the last update and nothing gets it back.

Now what to do?
3-10 04:08
Use props
yogi053
Second Officer
Flight distance : 26104915 ft
United Kingdom

Did your updates take long to complete. There have been recorded cases in the past where people have experienced their 5.8ghz chips appearing to burn out whilst carrying out updates through overheating. I always stick my Minis in the fridge when doing any updates. So far, so good. I would be interested in the solution if any is found.

3-10 04:33
Use props
nmb1970
lvl.2
Portugal

yogi053 Posted at 3-10 04:33
Did your updates take long to complete. There have been recorded cases in the past where people have experienced their 5.8ghz chips appearing to burn out whilst carrying out updates through overheating. I always stick my Minis in the fridge when doing any updates. So far, so good. I would be interested in the solution if any is found.

updates were fast. since then tried downgrading with dji assistant and upgrading and nothing.

putting in the freezer? seems like overkill to me. but also these days are a bit chilly anyway...
3-10 04:38
Use props
yogi053
Second Officer
United Kingdom

nmb1970 Posted at 3-10 04:38
updates were fast. since then tried downgrading with dji assistant and upgrading and nothing.

putting in the freezer? seems like overkill to me. but also these days are a bit chilly anyway...

NOT in the freezer but in the fridge. If you search,there are a number of threads where it seems very likely that updates were taking quite long resulting in the Mini 2s having connection problems with the drone on 5.8ghz frequency but being ok on 2.4ghz frequency. I was only trying to point you to those threads. Sorry for your troubles.
3-10 04:42
Use props
nmb1970
lvl.2
Portugal

yogi053 Posted at 3-10 04:42
NOT in the freezer but in the fridge. If you search,there are a number of threads where it seems very likely that updates were taking quite long resulting in the Mini 2s having connection problems with the drone on 5.8ghz frequency but being ok on 2.4ghz frequency. I was only trying to point you to those threads. Sorry for your troubles.

I meant fridge. sorry.

too bad I didn't read those threads
3-10 04:44
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

nmb1970 Posted at 3-10 04:08
Ok. Already tried changing firmware from the latest to the previous both on drone and controller.

It looks like 5.8GHz mode has die on the last update and nothing gets it back.

Thank you for your response, nmb. Have you tried to do a test flight away from your current flight area to isolate the issue further? Also, please confirm if the issue only appears on the 5.8Ghz and if there is no issue if you select 2.4Ghz or Dual band. Please keep us posted. I appreciate your cooperation.
3-10 22:05
Use props
nmb1970
lvl.2
Portugal

DJI Paladin Posted at 3-10 22:05
Thank you for your response, nmb. Have you tried to do a test flight away from your current flight area to isolate the issue further? Also, please confirm if the issue only appears on the 5.8Ghz and if there is no issue if you select 2.4Ghz or Dual band. Please keep us posted. I appreciate your cooperation.

Hello!

Today tried a simple flight and even on the ground next to the drone manual selecting 5.8GHz has almost no signal.

I captured the phone screen:

please advise
3-16 14:20
Use props
yogi053
Second Officer
United Kingdom

nmb1970 Posted at 3-16 14:20
Hello!

Today tried a simple flight and even on the ground next to the drone manual selecting 5.8GHz has almost no signal.

That is a very good video clip exactly showing the problem you have on your drone. Dji should sit up and take notice of this 5.8ghz problem and issue a warning about having to take precauions to keep ALL drones cool whilst carrying out any updates. In fact carrying out updates on any equipment not fitted with cooling fans. The Mini 2 may be near end of life (no more production I believe), but if there are any further updates (highly unlikely), i will continue to stick the equipment in the fridge whilst doing them.
edit:- If I do upgrade to Mini 3 Pro or the 4, I will do the same. Can it do any harm for the length of time that it takes?
3-17 01:42
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

nmb1970 Posted at 3-16 14:20
Hello!

Today tried a simple flight and even on the ground next to the drone manual selecting 5.8GHz has almost no signal.

Thank you for the information provided. We will now coordinate this with our relevant team for further clarification. We will surely keep you posted once we receive an update. We appreciate your patience.
3-18 01:45
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

Thank you for patiently waiting. If the signal is disconnected or no signal when manually switched to 5.8GHz band, that means the current test environment has relatively large interference in the 5.8GHz frequency band. It is recommended to use the Dual-Band and "Auto mode". This mode does not require you to judge the interference degree of the frequency band and channel, and will automatically help you choose the frequency band and channel with the least interference.
3-20 22:22
Use props
nmb1970
lvl.2
Portugal

DJI Paladin Posted at 3-20 22:22
Thank you for patiently waiting. If the signal is disconnected or no signal when manually switched to 5.8GHz band, that means the current test environment has relatively large interference in the 5.8GHz frequency band. It is recommended to use the Dual-Band and "Auto mode". This mode does not require you to judge the interference degree of the frequency band and channel, and will automatically help you choose the frequency band and channel with the least interference.

Wrong. In dual mode as you can see in the video, the drone chooses 5.8 and fails. I have to manual switch to 2.4 to even use it.
3-20 23:30
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

nmb1970 Posted at 3-20 23:30
Wrong. In dual mode as you can see in the video, the drone chooses 5.8 and fails. I have to manual switch to 2.4 to even use it.

Thank you for your response. Please provide us with the following for further investigation:

1. Flight controller log (aircraft log), remote controller log, APP log (and need to provide the specific date and time when the problem occurred);
2. Customer's country & specific location.

You may upload the files via Google Drive and send the link here so we can check it further. Please keep us posted.
3-22 22:03
Use props
nmb1970
lvl.2
Portugal

DJI Paladin Posted at 3-22 22:03
Thank you for your response. Please provide us with the following for further investigation:

1. Flight controller log (aircraft log), remote controller log, APP log (and need to provide the specific date and time when the problem occurred);

Hello,

I got several files from my iPhone and uploaded to google drive at

https://drive.google.com/file/d/ ... k-/view?usp=sharing

This was the last flight at 2024/03/16 around 5PM

I'm from Portugal and was at:

https://maps.app.goo.gl/F7kGczd5rqmPLSKZ8

If you need other files you need to tell me how to get them.

Thanks,

Nuno
3-30 08:26
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

nmb1970 Posted at 3-30 08:26
Hello,

Thank you for the information provided, nmb1970. We will now forward this to the relevant team for further investigation. We will keep you posted.
3-30 20:39
Use props
djiuser_zhcXOLdDLjiP
New

India

Hi, I have the same issue with my mini 2 drone after updating it last week. I had been flying this drone for more than 3 years with no issues. but after the update last week to below versions, the aircraft disconnect with RC and returns home within few meters away. It is so frustrating. I just updated the firmware before going on a family Vacation to have some nice shots and it ruined the plan. I almost crashed the drone in sea twice. I just flew the drone 3 times and all the three times same issue happened and now I am afraid to fly it again.

Aircraft Firmware 01.07.0200
RC Firmware 04.11.0400
App Version 1.12.8

Reading all the threads I see that it is a universal complaint of the 5.8 Ghz chip burning out during update causing this issue. We are just looking for DJI to acknowledge if this can be fixed or not so that we dont spend our valuable time hoping for a solution or a fix and waste time waiting and investigating on this. I think atleast DJI can save customers time by confiming this issue.

When thousands of your customers are reporting the same issue after update, how can it be not true? and why dont you give any official statement on this? Even if you are not going to recall or provide a fix an official statement will give peace of mind to your customers and increase their trust on you. By not acknowledging the issue, DJI is just going to loose the trust and love that DJI had accumulated from its customers all these years.
3-30 21:05
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

nmb1970 Posted at 3-30 08:26
Hello,

Hello there. Upon checking the files you sent, it seems that the files are invalid. You may follow the steps I posted on this THREAD under post #18 on how to export the aircraft log and App log. To export the remote controller log, the process is the same as exporting the aircraft log, just connect your controller via DJI Assistant 2 software and go to "Log Export". Please keep us posted.

4-1 00:57
Use props
nmb1970
lvl.2
Portugal

DJI Paladin Posted at 4-1 00:57
Hello there. Upon checking the files you sent, it seems that the files are invalid. You may follow the steps I posted on this THREAD under post #18 on how to export the aircraft log and App log. To export the remote controller log, the process is the same as exporting the aircraft log, just connect your controller via DJI Assistant 2 software and go to "Log Export". Please keep us posted.

OK!

New file with logs exported from DA2 and logs folder from the iOS Fly App

https://drive.google.com/file/d/ ... Ix/view?usp=sharing

Best regards,

Nuno
4-1 11:30
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

nmb1970 Posted at 4-1 11:30
OK!

New file with logs exported from DA2 and logs folder from the iOS Fly App

Thank you for the information provided. We'll check if this will work. I will update you once we receive a response. We appreciate your cooperation.
4-4 00:06
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

Thank you for patiently waiting. Upon checking here, it shows that the signal strength in the 5.8g frequency band on your location is weak. We suggest changing the environment to eliminate the interference factors of the environment to the specific frequency band. If the issue persists, the issue might caused by a hardware malfunction and it is recommended to send it in for testing and confirmation. You may contact our team at https://www.dji.com/support for you to start a ticket case. We appreciate your understanding and support.
4-8 02:57
Use props
oolsson7
lvl.1
Flight distance : 34364 ft
Sweden

The same for me each time it lose connection and also in close distance like 10-15 meter... nerver had this issue before.And it not started the return home even... it just froze (2 min) and nothing happen until it connect again.
4-22 04:39
Use props
fansa88554cb
lvl.1
Flight distance : 34364 ft
Sweden

DJI Paladin Posted at 3-8 23:29
Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we do apologize for the trouble. Please download the DJI Assistant 2 software on your computer and update/refresh the firmware of the aircraft and remote controller. It is also recommended to update the app to the latest version to avoid any unknown issues. After doing the updates or refreshing the firmware (if you are using the latest), have a test flight in different to see if the issue persists. You may start a screen recording during the test flight so you can send it to us after if you experience any sudden behavior. Please keep us posted. We appreciate your cooperation.

DJI Assistant 2 software: https://www.dji.com/global/downloads/softwares/dji-assistant-2-consumer-drones-series

When I use DJI assist I only see the latest firmware, I could not see older version or previous version ?
4-24 04:59
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

fansa88554cb Posted at 4-24 04:59
When I use DJI assist I only see the latest firmware, I could not see older version or previous version ?

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. Are you using the DJI Mini 2 aircraft? If yes, regretfully, we don't have an option to downgrade the firmware with the DJI Mini 2 drone. We appreciate your understanding and support.
4-25 20:51
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules