Broken Gimbal on Mini 2 SE
311 4 3-8 14:25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
FlightTac
New

United States

I recently bought a used Mini 2 SE and unfortunately the gimbal is in need of repair. I'm able to move the camera freely with the transmitter, but when the drone attempts to adjust the camera automatically, it causes the entire drone to shake, accompanied by a grinding noise as if a gear is misaligned. Additionally, the gimbal itself is loose and flops around.
Should I purchase a new gimbal, or is there a possibility that this issue can be resolved without replacing the entire unit? Any advice is appreciated.

3-8 14:25
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

The problem with an attempted DIY fix is you don't really know everything that is damaged.
You might replace one part only to find that problems remain and you need other parts.
Aside from that, the gimbal and camera assembly are likely to be electronically paired the something in the drone. If so you will have to re-pair them which requires running a python script and downloading some stuff from the web.
Whilst replacing the gimbal is fairly easy in terms of dismantling and rebuilding the drone, I would, in truth, be inclined to send the drone into DJI and get a 'proper' fix done.
You will get either a new or as good as new, drone back and their prices are reputed to be reasonable.
3-8 15:42
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. In this case, I'm afraid that you may consider sending the unit in for a proper diagnosis as we do not recommend DIY repairs for flight safety. You may submit a ticket case at https://repair.dji.com/repair/index. Thank you for your understanding and support.
3-8 22:58
Use props
FlightTac
New

United States

Will do, thank you all. And, it's ok that I purchased it used? AFAIK I don't have access to the flight records from the crash.
Roughly, what will it cost to have the gimbal repaired? It probably would have been best if I purchased brand new.
3-10 15:12
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

FlightTac Posted at 3-10 15:12
Will do, thank you all. And, it's ok that I purchased it used? AFAIK I don't have access to the flight records from the crash.
Roughly, what will it cost to have the gimbal repaired? It probably would have been best if I purchased brand new.

You're welcome. You can still send it even if you purchase it second-hand. If the unit is no longer under warranty, flight records are no longer needed. Lastly, you may check the link below to check the estimated price when sending the unit for repair. Feel free to contact us if you have further inquiries. Thank you.

https://repair.dji.com/repair/price-inquiry
3-10 21:20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules