Add Hotkey Option for "Update Home Point"
462 14 3-10 06:52
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
trindleberry_pe
lvl.2

United Kingdom

Please oh please DJI ! can you give us the option for assigning `update home point`

im not sure why this isnt an option ?

theres tons of scenarios this would come in handy .

if your cycling for example - if your home point is fixed when you start, and you cycled 1km (example) with active track & there's an error that forces RTH - your going back to the spot you started.

same with if people film on boats, even walking has this issue. if you walk(hike) - and walk 3-5km any issues the RTH is going miles back.  

i understand you can cancel RTH mid flight & control , just let me update the homepoint faster

its actually quite time consuming going into settings screen to find the option to update home point, when we can just assign it to C1, C2  or any other hotkey .

we need this feature please!

Single SelectVote, Total 16 people participate in voting

Voting has ended

81.25% (13)
18.75% (3)
0.00% (0)
Your user group with no voting privileges
3-10 06:52
Use props
Corsairoz
lvl.4
Flight distance : 779049 ft
United Kingdom

Personally, I don't think at RTH hot button would be a good idea. It would be all too easy to hit the key and then lose your preset homepoint. Or even worse, hitting the key and not noticing.
3-10 09:09
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

Hi there. Appreciate your time in bringing this forward. Rest assured that we'll communicate it with the respective team for any potentials. We are grateful for sharing your opinions with us. Thank you for choosing DJI.
3-10 09:12
Use props
trindleberry_pe
lvl.2

United Kingdom

Corsairoz Posted at 3-10 09:09
Personally, I don't think at RTH hot button would be a good idea. It would be all too easy to hit the key and then lose your preset homepoint. Or even worse, hitting the key and not noticing.

you can assign to L2 + C1 making it impossible to "accidently" - plus it would be optional for people that dont want it.
3-10 11:02
Use props
Geo_Drone
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2676129 ft
  • >>>
Romania

Well, is a plus and also a minus, some unexperienced users will loose the drone probably because of this mistake.
The screen is pretty full now with information, adding extra button on screen is definitely a NO...a combination of FN+button can be used...but I have seen a lot of people that take a drone without any experience, making dumb things, probably will hit by mistake even the combination as will try other combination defined, drone will be  landing in the middle of a highway... ))
3-11 23:54
Use props
KLRSKIR
Second Officer
Flight distance : 28368625 ft
  • >>>
United States

I think it's a bad idea. I like that I need to make an effort to get to the screen and make the change.
3-12 05:23
Use props
Adam9997
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2608901 ft
  • >>>
United States

Tip: The post by the administrator or moderators shield
3-12 10:14
Use props
Adam9997
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2608901 ft
  • >>>
United States

There used to be a swipe left function on DJI 4 Go App. I'd settle for that
https://forum44.djicdn.com/data/ ... 36jc3xa1r1733cz.gif

3-12 10:20
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

trindleberry_pe Posted at 3-10 11:02
you can assign to L2 + C1 making it impossible to "accidently" - plus it would be optional for people that dont want it.

We appreciate the suggestion. We will forward your feedback to the related department. Thank you for your great support.
3-13 01:26
Use props
QSmally
lvl.2
Flight distance : 463264 ft
Netherlands

If pressing the button accidentally is a common issue, having a pop-up screen (like actually tapping 'update homepoint') is beneficial so you can also update the homepoint to either relative to the drone or controller. Instead of going to the menu and pressing the button, you hit C1/C2 instead. I'm for it
3-14 09:14
Use props
FlattyDog
lvl.2
Flight distance : 97428 ft

Australia

I think it would be a great addition. There are alot of people who disagree which is fair, but it would be their choice to bind it or not.
3-31 13:14
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

FlattyDog Posted at 3-31 13:14
I think it would be a great addition. There are alot of people who disagree which is fair, but it would be their choice to bind it or not.

Hi there. We're sorry if this has been requested in the past but has not been implemented yet. We will continue to let such feedback reach the designated team for consideration. Your understanding is highly appreciated.
3-31 23:31
Use props
SjK_oldman
lvl.4
Flight distance : 73583045 ft
United States

I definitely would not want that.. accidentally pushing that would be disastrous
4-1 12:55
Use props
djiuser_zOJIVcuO0YzD
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1015863 ft
United States

SjK_oldman Posted at 4-1 12:55
I definitely would not want that.. accidentally pushing that would be disastrous

Solve this by just making it a user-selectable option. I agree it would be very useful in cases like doing video from boats, etc.
4-2 12:23
Use props
Cannabinova
lvl.1
Flight distance : 187333 ft

India

If we could add a mapping for C1/C2+Record/Shutter and a mapping for when C1+C2 are pressed together would address a lot of the missing shortcuts.
4-2 14:48
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules