SAMYANG 1.7x Anamorphic MF Adapter for V-AF
473 7 3-10 23:29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
TooDeep
lvl.4
United Kingdom

I’m drawing a blank here in the UK but has anyone been able to source, try or to get any more information on the new anamorphic adapter for the Samyang/Rokinon V-AF series of lenses? I don't need it for what I do but I'd buy it for occasional Ronin 4D use if it lives up to the promise.

https://www.samyanglens.com/en/product/v-af.php#AMFA

3-10 23:29
Use props
blaise IRL
lvl.1
Flight distance : 307556 ft
Ireland

It was actually shown at UK Photography show couple of weeks ago - just google this article on Digital Camera World : "Samyang's ingenious attachment turns its V-AF lenses anamorphic"
3-28 08:44
Use props
TooDeep
lvl.4
United Kingdom

blaise IRL Posted at 3-28 08:44
It was actually shown at UK Photography show couple of weeks ago - just google this article on Digital Camera World : "Samyang's ingenious attachment turns its V-AF lenses anamorphic"

Thank you. I missed the show, which I believe was at the NEC, but I'll be looking to try one out even if the fact it apparently disables AF makes it less than ideal for a single-operator 4D
3-29 11:05
Use props
Chapeaublanc
lvl.4
Flight distance : 25794 ft
  • >>>
France

Do you know the weight of the adaptor? I would know if the lense + adaptor is more or less 1 kg ?
3-31 03:38
Use props
TooDeep
lvl.4
United Kingdom

That

Chapeaublanc Posted at 3-31 03:38
Do you know the weight of the adaptor? I would know if the lense + adaptor is more or less 1 kg ?

I can't find any specifications yet but it would need to be over 700g or 1.5lbs to make the lens + adapter combination over 1kg. That is is more than my Nikon Z 24-120mm f/4 S zoom lens; I can't imagine it will get close to that. No stores have it yet anyway, so I'm sure more details will become available at launch.
3-31 18:28
Use props
blaise IRL
lvl.1
Ireland

TooDeep Posted at 3-31 18:28
I can't find any specifications yet but it would need to be over 700g or 1.5lbs to make the lens + adapter combination over 1kg. That is is more than my Nikon Z 24-120mm f/4 S zoom lens; I can't imagine it will get close to that. No stores have it yet anyway, so I'm sure more details will become available at launch.

it weighs 905g according to the Samyang website
Full specs as follows and some interesting information from two Swedish websites which seem to have jumped the gun and put the Samyang V-AF Anamorphic adaptor  up for sale already:

the first one FocusNordic:
"The adapter has a 1.7x squeeze ratio with an unique yellow amber hue anamorphic flare and a barrel type distortion that adds a distinct anamorphic look to your shots."

Yellow amber flare???? I hope the barrel distortion is as good as the Blazer Remus looks....
They go on to say:

"A soft focus function can add a creamy, glowing softness to your shots reminiscent of vintage cinema lenses, particularly creating a dreamy effect in portrait photography."

Weird and possibly interesting...?

And the second one - Cyberphoto - also in Sweden has included the price - 11690 Swedish kronor excluding sales tax - This is about €1019 Euro - which means it'll probably be 900 -1000 dollars.

You can look at these links here :
https://www.focusnordic.com/products/video/cinema-lenses/anamorphic-lenses/samyang-v-af-anamorphic-adapter/

https://www.cyberphoto.se/bloggen/2024/4/nyhet-samyang-v-af-anamorphic-adapter

Specs here are from Samsungs own press release;
Constant Squeeze Ratio
1.7x
Focus Method
Single focus (Floating system using electronic contacts)
Rotation Angle of Focus Ring
270° (0.7m / 2.3ft)
Front Diameter (mm)
Ф95.0
Follow Focus Gear Diameter (mm)
Ф100.0
Size(mm)
Ф100.0 × 85.3
Follow Focus Gear Module
Tally Lamp
Weather Sealing Weight (without Lens Cap,
Hood)
905g/2.00lb

https://www.lksamyang.com/en/about/notice-view.php?seq=1631
4-7 14:47
Use props
blaise IRL
lvl.1
Ireland

Also Cyberphoto says in swedish:
Delivery start for the Samyang V-AF Anamorphic Adapter is in May 2024.
4-7 15:03
Use props
TooDeep
lvl.4
United Kingdom

blaise IRL Posted at 4-7 14:47
it weighs 905g according to the Samyang website
Full specs as follows and some interesting information from two Swedish websites which seem to have jumped the gun and put the Samyang V-AF Anamorphic adaptor  up for sale already:

Thank you very much for the detailed information. I have to say I did not expect it to be that heavy, especially since it attaches to the front of such insubstantial lenses. But I suppose there's no getting away from lots of glass meaning lots of weight. I eagerly await the reviews.
4-8 02:31
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules