Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

More fog at the Castle....

After 24 hours of rain,    an early start for blue hour only rewarded with more fog.   

Taken with Mini 3 Pro.

[See My Other Content...]

3-11 02:06
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

3-11 02:06
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Another foggy start to the day.  Hopefully, the fog will burn off soon.  
3-11 02:54
Use props
Depp
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1868796 ft
  • >>>
Germany

Fits the castle just as well as sun.
3-11 05:45
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
Flight distance : 6188465 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Castle still shrouded in mist
Similar here, but no drizzle today.
8 Geocaches bagged, but no droning. Someone was blazing away with a shotgun nearby.
3-11 07:58
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 3-11 02:54
Another foggy start to the day.  Hopefully, the fog will burn off soon.

Another day of rain sadly,   started just after I took off to capture a strange coloured sky,  then I decided when I got home to clean the diffuser on the coffee machine,     big mistakes were made,    took it apart and washed it and I thought I saw a blockage so compressed air to the rescue and I managed to shoot valves and springs all over the workshop,  Ive spent 2 hours searching high and low for all the bits.  
3-12 00:58
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Depp Posted at 3-11 05:45
Fits the castle just as well as sun.

I think the castle would like some sun now,   it's bored with the foggy view.  
3-12 01:16
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Blériot53 Posted at 3-11 07:58
Castle still shrouded in mist
Similar here, but no drizzle today.
8 Geocaches bagged, but no droning. Someone was blazing away with a shotgun nearby.

Are you sure it was a shotgun and not one of those gas powered f-a-k-e shotguns that are setup to scare away the birds.  

Rain rain and more rain today here,   started about 2 minutes after I took off.  
3-12 01:18
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DAFlys Posted at 3-12 01:18
Are you sure it was a shotgun and not one of those gas powered f-a-k-e shotguns that are setup to scare away the birds.  

Definitely shotgun. Saw the guy and his dog walking into the copse beforehand. 2 groups  of 2 shots.  Rain first thing this morning.  Sunny now in the Potteries. U3A outing.
3-12 03:50
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Blériot53 Posted at 3-12 03:50
Definitely shotgun. Saw the guy and his dog walking into the copse beforehand. 2 groups  of 2 shots.  Rain first thing this morning.  Sunny now in the Potteries. U3A outing.

Its been raining since about 6:30am this morning,   I picked up the car and went to order curtains as they have the fabric back in stock and the guy in the store recommended in store order as he said if you screw up any measurements we can usually help you out,  but online your stuck.  So braved the flooded roads to go there only to find that the store ordering system calls the fabric something else and they couldnt guarantee it was the same.   So Ive come home and ordered online after all.  
3-12 05:01
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DAFlys Posted at 3-12 05:01
Its been raining since about 6:30am this morning,   I picked up the car and went to order curtains as they have the fabric back in stock and the guy in the store recommended in store order as he said if you screw up any measurements we can usually help you out,  but online your stuck.  So braved the flooded roads to go there only to find that the store ordering system calls the fabric something else and they couldnt guarantee it was the same.   So Ive come home and ordered online after all.

A frustrating morning by the sounds of it
3-12 05:05
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Blériot53 Posted at 3-12 05:05
A frustrating morning by the sounds of it

At least by ordering online I get nectar points towards my Mini 4 Ultra.
3-12 05:10
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DAFlys Posted at 3-12 05:10
At least by ordering online I get nectar points towards my Mini 4 Ultra.

Every cloud has a silver lining
3-12 05:33
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 3-12 00:58
Another day of rain sadly,   started just after I took off to capture a strange coloured sky,  then I decided when I got home to clean the diffuser on the coffee machine,     big mistakes were made,    took it apart and washed it and I thought I saw a blockage so compressed air to the rescue and I managed to shoot valves and springs all over the workshop,  Ive spent 2 hours searching high and low for all the bits.

Sorry, I had to laugh for a second.  I had a similar incident where I used compressed air and then had to try and hunt down some tiny parts.  Wasn't successful so had to replace that entire part.  
3-12 09:36
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Blériot53 Posted at 3-12 05:33
Every cloud has a silver lining

Now all they need to do is release it already.  
3-13 00:33
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 3-12 09:36
Sorry, I had to laugh for a second.  I had a similar incident where I used compressed air and then had to try and hunt down some tiny parts.  Wasn't successful so had to replace that entire part.

I managed to track down the parts to purchase at least so I knew what to look for but they are on a month back order at the moment.   The silver lining was that I had to move so much stuff to find it I was able to clean under one of my benches and finally re paint the metal leg that had started to rust.
3-13 00:40
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DAFlys Posted at 3-13 00:33
Now all they need to do is release it already.

Patience, Patience
Howling gusty winds here this morning. But at least there's no rain.
3-13 00:47
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Blériot53 Posted at 3-13 00:47
Patience, Patience
Howling gusty winds here this morning. But at least there's no rain.

Grey and a light southerly breeze here,    supposedly the builder is back to build the neighbours wall today so Im a bit stuck here in case he turns up,   I have a feeling he's going to do it all from my side again and I would guess that includes mixing the cement.
3-13 01:05
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DAFlys Posted at 3-13 01:05
Grey and a light southerly breeze here,    supposedly the builder is back to build the neighbours wall today so Im a bit stuck here in case he turns up,   I have a feeling he's going to do it all from my side again and I would guess that includes mixing the cement.

Yeah. I'd want to supervise that too, if it were me.
3-13 01:11
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Blériot53 Posted at 3-13 01:11
Yeah. I'd want to supervise that too, if it were me.

What's odd is apparently he's only planning on doing some of it today and then he'll come back at some point next month to finish it.  
3-13 01:13
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DAFlys Posted at 3-13 01:13
What's odd is apparently he's only planning on doing some of it today and then he'll come back at some point next month to finish it.

Crikey. Just how big a wall is it?   Hadrian-sized?  
3-13 01:18
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Blériot53 Posted at 3-13 01:18
Crikey. Just how big a wall is it?   Hadrian-sized?

lol,   not at all,   they've got 2 pallets of bricks to build it.     5m x 1.5m tall.
3-13 01:24
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DAFlys Posted at 3-13 01:24
lol,   not at all,   they've got 2 pallets of bricks to build it.     5m x 1.5m tall.

Assuming the footings (foundations) are intact, that's surely not more than a day's work.
Unless they're coming back to set capstones along the top when the cement has gone off.
3-13 01:29
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Blériot53 Posted at 3-13 01:29
Assuming the footings (foundations) are intact, that's surely not more than a day's work.
Unless they're coming back to set capstones along the top when the cement has gone off.

That was my thought too,  the old wall has already been removed and the area cleared ready to start.
3-13 01:33
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 3-13 00:40
I managed to track down the parts to purchase at least so I knew what to look for but they are on a month back order at the moment.   The silver lining was that I had to move so much stuff to find it I was able to clean under one of my benches and finally re paint the metal leg that had started to rust.

At least there was a positive out of the event then.  
3-13 03:18
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 3-13 03:18
At least there was a positive out of the event then.

Yes,  although that silver lining has resulted in most of the surfaces being used for painting other parts now,   and the space for the new water tank which Ive yet to find causes more crap to be piled high.  
3-13 23:27
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 3-13 23:27
Yes,  although that silver lining has resulted in most of the surfaces being used for painting other parts now,   and the space for the new water tank which Ive yet to find causes more crap to be piled high.

Seems there is never enough space.  I'm sure you'll figure it out.  
3-14 03:15
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 3-14 03:15
Seems there is never enough space.  I'm sure you'll figure it out.

Last coat today,  and then tommorow it can be re-fitted,   in the mean time I have concrete to clean off my paving and then some water tank measurements to test to see what I can make fit
3-15 02:11
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 3-15 02:11
Last coat today,  and then tommorow it can be re-fitted,   in the mean time I have concrete to clean off my paving and then some water tank measurements to test to see what I can make fit

Sounds like you have several projects lined up for the day.  

On a separate note I was finally able to trap a bobcat that had been stalking some of the deer that come to my feeder.  He was none to happy about getting caught.  He kept hissing at me so I put a tarp over the trap while I transported it to the Wildlife office.  They said they will release it miles from my property so that it doesn't return.   
3-15 02:22
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 3-15 02:22
Sounds like you have several projects lined up for the day.  

On a separate note I was finally able to trap a bobcat that had been stalking some of the deer that come to my feeder.  He was none to happy about getting caught.  He kept hissing at me so I put a tarp over the trap while I transported it to the Wildlife office.  They said they will release it miles from my property so that it doesn't return.

They a beautiful animals,  but do come across a bit scary for those that dont have them,  shame it couldnt be tamed.  
3-15 02:24
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 3-15 02:24
They a beautiful animals,  but do come across a bit scary for those that dont have them,  shame it couldnt be tamed.

I think this one has been wild too long and has tasted the blood of other animals its eaten so I'm thinking it would have been tough to tame.  It just had me on edge with all that hissing noise it was doing and swiping at the bars on the cage with its long claws.  
3-15 02:52
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Nice and moody shot!
3-23 04:11
Use props
DAFlys
Captain