disable SD card speed warning
464 15 3-11 02:32
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
eroslevi
lvl.1
Hungary

Hi, please create a firmware update that makes it possible to disable the 'SD card speed slow' warning. When I start recording having my camera switched off, the warning's sound is recorded to the video. This is really annoying. (and my SD card is not even slow, not according to its specifications, not according to my experience, not even with the highest settings, so the warning is wrong in the first place). Also, the warning covers a part of the screen which is also not too convenient. Could you do something about this? (Otherwise I LOVE my camera, but this part is annoying) Thank you!
3-11 02:32
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi there. Thank you for your suggestion. It is recommended to use one of the recommended microSD cards listed on the DJI website.

I will forward your feedback to the relevant team for evaluation. Thank you for your patience.
3-11 20:58
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

have you  fully formatted the card, if bad sectors are on.   
3-12 04:25
Use props
eroslevi
lvl.1
Hungary

yes, I have formatted it, but didn't help
3-21 02:38
Use props
lutzmix
Second Officer
Germany

eroslevi Posted at 3-21 02:38
yes, I have formatted it, but didn't help

Which SD card is used, new or already used?
3-21 10:24
Use props
eroslevi
lvl.1
Hungary

lutzmix Posted at 3-21 10:24
Which SD card is used, new or already used?

I bought a brand new 256GB card that -- according to its specifications -- has no problem with its speed.
3-21 11:05
Use props
lutzmix
Second Officer
Germany

eroslevi Posted at 3-21 11:05
I bought a brand new 256GB card that -- according to its specifications -- has no problem with its speed.
wich one???

make a phto please

both sides
3-21 11:09
Use props
eroslevi
lvl.1
Hungary

lutzmix Posted at 3-21 11:09
wich one???

make a phto please
You mean manufacturer and type? SanDisk MicroSDXC Ultra 256GB. The webpage does not work when I click on "add photos". But the photos (and the type of the card) are irrelevant. I am asking for a firmware update where I can disable this warning in Settings. This is indepenfent from what kind of card I am using.
3-21 21:05
Use props
lutzmix
Second Officer
Germany

eroslevi Posted at 3-21 21:05
You mean manufacturer and type? SanDisk MicroSDXC Ultra 256GB. The webpage does not work when I click on "add photos". But the photos (and the type of the card) are irrelevant. I am asking for a firmware update where I can disable this warning in Settings. This is indepenfent from what kind of card I am using.

the card is too slow for the camera, there are also many counterfeits on the market!  The card must be able to do A2 V30!
3-21 22:55
Use props
eroslevi
lvl.1
Hungary

Thank you for your response, however, I would like to get a response for my original request.

It might also be useful to put myself in perspective. I am an IT professional with 29 years of experience and a university qualification in computer science, working as a senior software architect in the industry and as an assistant professor at a university (teaching computer science students). Also I have 17 years of both academic and industrial experience in software and hardware testing and a Ph.D. in testing.

With my above background, I have thoroughly tested this card with the camera and found that its speed is appropriate, and could not find a relevant use case in which this card would underperform, no matter what the "recommended list of SD cards" says. After testing my card, and being annoyed by the constant "card too slow" warning I myself have found the above mentioned list of recommended cards to solve the warning by replacing the otherwise perfectly working card. Then seeing the price of the listed cards (4 times as much as the card that I chose) decided to keep using this card. Also, I am only recording in 1080p, as that is what I as a user decided to do. Although, I have tested the card with the highest frame rate and resolution of course, to see where the performance of the card breaks. I have not found any use case in which my current card underperforms. I suspect that the card might underperform when it is full, but I consciously leave empty space on the card at all times, due to this suspicion.

However: All the above is irrelevant. I as a user did not request DJI to advise on which card to buy.

I requested DJI to update the firmware with a feature allowing me to disable the warning. Can you please focus on that? Thank you!
3-21 23:38
Use props
osmonauta
Second Officer
Hungary

Thank you for providing your credentials. We’re all impressed! I hate to say this, but I think you need a few more credits to complete the program. :-)

Jokes aside, you have purchased the cheapest and slowest card from the SanDisk lineup. You can see from the SanDisk Ultra datasheet (link below) that this card is designed for, quote, “…Rated A1, the SanDisk Ultra microSD card is designed for apps usage.”

Granted, it does say you can use it for full HD video recording, however, if you skim over to the fine print, specifically #4 which is relevant to full HD video, it states “… Full HD (1920x1080) video support may vary based upon host device, file attributes, and other factors.” In other words, even SanDisk doesn't guarantee that this card will work for full HD recording in all devices.

With that said, this card might perform great for full HD recording in a digital camera from, say, 2012. However, understand that even full HD video comes with different bitrates and as you have experienced this card apparently cannot keep up with a full HD video at a bitrate of 30mb/s. (That is the max bitrate the Osmo Action 3 can deliver full HD videos.)

SanDisk Ultra datasheet.
https://documents.westerndigital ... microsd-150mbps.pdf

You can also find the above PDF datasheet on the WD page:
https://www.westerndigital.com/p ... =SDSQUNC-016G-AN6MA

PS: No offense but I am somewhat surprised that with your credentials and PhD you think a manufacturer will simply provide a FW upgrade to disable a warning message just because you purchased a slow card. Sheesh…

3-22 07:48
Use props
eroslevi
lvl.1
Hungary

Credentials were only provided to cut short some unnecessary assumptions about me as a user and to put why and how I chose this card (after checking its specifications) into perspective. It doesn't matter if this card is the slowest in the lineup as it works perfectly. I want to keep using it. And I will. The request is not about the card, not about advice on which card to use. It is about a software update. I think it is a nice feature for the user to have control over the warnings and more specifically their sounds especially in the case where these sounds are recorded right on the video taken by the device. Right now all sounds are adjustable at once, there is no option to adjust warning and operational sounds separately. I have very positive experience with other manufacturers regarding similar requests, as it not only affects me but potentionally a larger group of users who at the end of the day might be convinced to stick with DJI in this case.
3-22 11:57
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

eroslevi Posted at 3-22 11:57
Credentials were only provided to cut short some unnecessary assumptions about me as a user and to put why and how I chose this card (after checking its specifications) into perspective. It doesn't matter if this card is the slowest in the lineup as it works perfectly. I want to keep using it. And I will. The request is not about the card, not about advice on which card to use. It is about a software update. I think it is a nice feature for the user to have control over the warnings and more specifically their sounds especially in the case where these sounds are recorded right on the video taken by the device. Right now all sounds are adjustable at once, there is no option to adjust warning and operational sounds separately. I have very positive experience with other manufacturers regarding similar requests, as it not only affects me but potentionally a larger group of users who at the end of the day might be convinced to stick with DJI in this case.

Thank you for taking the time to share your suggestion with us. We want you to know that this suggestion has already been forwarded as mentioned in the first reply and will be given careful consideration by our development team. Your feedback is incredibly valuable to us, as we are committed to providing the best possible experience to all of our users. We appreciate your support and look forward to continuing to serve you in the best way we can.
3-22 21:04
Use props
eroslevi
lvl.1
Hungary

DJI Tony Posted at 3-22 21:04
Thank you for taking the time to share your suggestion with us. We want you to know that this suggestion has already been forwarded as mentioned in the first reply and will be given careful consideration by our development team. Your feedback is incredibly valuable to us, as we are committed to providing the best possible experience to all of our users. We appreciate your support and look forward to continuing to serve you in the best way we can.

Thank you! At first, I wasn't sure which answer was official. I am waiting patiently, and thank you for considering!
3-22 21:28
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

eroslevi Posted at 3-22 21:28
Thank you! At first, I wasn't sure which answer was official. I am waiting patiently, and thank you for considering!

You are most welcome, eroslevi. Feel free to reach us if you have further concerns. Have a great day ahead.
3-22 21:30
Use props
osmonauta
Second Officer
Hungary

Well, good luck!
3-23 01:37
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules