DJI Fly + Android 14 + OneUI6.0: not compatible?
979 8 3-11 08:05
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
slam_dunk23
lvl.1
Flight distance : 27064 ft
France

I'm running Samsung Galaxy S22+. Since upgrading to Android 14, oneui  6.0 the latest official DJI Fly App (1.12.8) doesn't work properly. As  soon as I plug the phone into the RC-N1 and switch the RC-N1 on, my  telephone flashes a message every 30 seconds saying it has a problem  with the charger and that it might be faulty, even before launching the  app. The DJI Fly app no longer starts automatically when I connect the  phone to the RC-N1 and switch on the RC-N1. When i select the App it  opens but it does not connect to the drone. Quick transfer is available  in the App but it does not go to fly mode. The error message for the  battery charging continues to flash up on the phone whilst the app is  running.

I tried disabling fast charging on the Samsung phone but that didn't  change anything. I also tried connecting the drone by holding the on button on the Mini 3 PRO for 4 seconds to go into search mode, but that didn't help either. My old Samsung phone (A35 5G) with Android 13 works  perfectly well, starts the DJI fly app (1.12.8) and connects to the drone, so it's not a cable or RC-N1 issue. I did not bind the drone to the app on the A35 phone. It can only be related to the S22+ telephone itself. I've tried clearing the cache and re-installing the  app but nothing changes. I also tried older versions of the app without  any success. Since upgrading to Android 14 the app no longer connects to the drone.

I understand that developers can't test every mobile and OS version, it's a lot of work! So when DJI says it's working on Android 14, they need to say more about exactly what conditions it was tested under. Please do not answer this thread with just "it works on Android 14".

Has anyone had similar issues? How did they resolve it?
3-11 08:05
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, slam_dunk23. Sorry about the trouble. Will it be fine if you post a video showing the issue when connecting your phone to the controller? Thank you very much.
3-13 03:00
Use props
slam_dunk23
lvl.1
France

Hi Tony,
Sorry for the delay in answering. Please find attached a photo showing the issue. I tried uploading a video but I can only attach photos.
I've just checked a couple of things. I also get a similar message when I connect a 15W charger, but not my high power 35W charger, see attached photo.
I also just tested the app and drone on my wife's Samsung Galaxy S24+ OneUI 6.1 phone and it works fine.
I suspect the issue is with my phone only. I've just cleaned my USB-C port and now the slow charger works, but the app still does not connect to the drone.

Any suggestions how I can fix this?
Screenshot_20240316_094139_Gallery.jpg
Screenshot_20240316_094317_One UI Home.jpg
3-16 00:45
Use props
slam_dunk23
lvl.1
France

Good news, I've fixed the issue. I went into safe mode and the connection to the RC-N1 was fine. Following online recommendations I unistalled other 3rd party apps on my phone that I had installed recently and now DJI Fly is working.
3-16 04:35
Use props
William_Mavic3
New
Flight distance : 27503 ft
United Kingdom

Galaxy Tab8 UI6.0 Android 14 DJI Fly 1.12.8 Won't respond past "Before You Fly"I have re-installed DJI Fly App, Re-set Tab A8 to factory and behaviour is same

Any advice much appreciated

3-16 07:03
Use props
William_Mavic3
New
United Kingdom

3-16 07:15
Use props
William_Mavic3
New
United Kingdom

Problem is now resolved - the tutorial icon needed to be touched and cycled through! Not at all obvious in terms of screen prompts so hope this post helps.
3-16 07:27
Use props
scott492010
lvl.1

United States

William_Mavic3 Posted at 3-16 07:27
Problem is now resolved - the tutorial icon needed to be touched and cycled through! Not at all obvious in terms of screen prompts so hope this post helps.

could you explain a little more? I am completely unsure what you mean by "the tutorial icon needed to be touched and cycled through". I am stuck in the same spot as you and i have stared at it forever. Then i stared at what you said and compared it to the screen and i still don't get it.
5-31 18:25
Use props
scott492010
lvl.1

United States

scott492010 Posted at 5-31 18:25
could you explain a little more? I am completely unsure what you mean by "the tutorial icon needed to be touched and cycled through". I am stuck in the same spot as you and i have stared at it forever. Then i stared at what you said and compared it to the screen and i still don't get it.

I have figured it out. Took me a while but i just kept touching everything i could find on the screen until i believe that little white arrow led me to the tutorial you were speaking of.

Now it works fine. I even went on a test flight and had no problems.  

5-31 19:11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules