Replacing my phone with a new tablet
235 6 3-11 10:33
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
CaptCrunch
lvl.2
Flight distance : 10873 ft
United States

I bought a new tablet and I'm trying to get it connected. Do I need to unbind the drone from my phone first? Then bind the drone to the tablet? And what else do I need to know to get this thing flying again?
Thanks in advance for any pointers.
By the way, so far I've only downloaded the Fly app to the tablet and plugged the tablet into the RC-N1 controller. That combination found some info, like my flight data, and controller s/n etc. but not sure if it found my authorization to fly in the restricted zone where I live. I'm not sure if that's stored on my controller, my drone, or my phone. But if it's on my phone, I need to transfer it to my new tablet somehow.

NEVER MIND...... now trying to figure out how to delete this post.
I kept fiddling with it and finally got it to work. Doubt I'd ever be able to repeat the process though.

3-11 10:33
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

I'm glad you managed to successfully use your tablet with your aircraft. Yes, no binding/unbinding is needed when replacing your mobile device. You just need to sign in with your DJI account, it will include your authorization. Have a nice day.
3-11 21:41
Use props
CaptCrunch
lvl.2
United States

Thanks. This is working great. And I don't need to wear my readers to see what I'm doing.
3-12 09:43
Use props
RosscoNZ
lvl.1
New Zealand

Hi, I have a Lenovo tab I want to use, all software etc loaded fine but I'm unable to progress beyond the 'restricted area' screen warning. If you find a workaround for that I'd love to hear it. Cheers
3-13 10:20
Use props
Wambo74
lvl.1
United States

CaptCrunch Posted at 3-12 09:43
Thanks. This is working great. And I don't need to wear my readers to see what I'm doing.

Is the tablet better or worse in bright sunlight?
3-13 13:27
Use props
CaptCrunch
lvl.2
United States

RosscoNZ Posted at 3-13 10:20
Hi, I have a Lenovo tab I want to use, all software etc loaded fine but I'm unable to progress beyond the 'restricted area' screen warning. If you find a workaround for that I'd love to hear it. Cheers

Have you gone through the "Unlock Request" routine? And were you able to take off when using your phone?
3-13 16:08
Use props
CaptCrunch
lvl.2
United States

Wambo74 Posted at 3-13 13:27
Is the tablet better or worse in bright sunlight?

I'd say about the same. Neither one is great in bright sunlight. I'm struggling with that myself. Mostly I try to get in the shade. And sometimes create my own. I even draped a beach towel over myself and the controller. I could see the screen that way pretty well but of course I couldn't see he drone which is a pain in the butt. I haven't found a way to shade only the screen yet. But I think something along those lines would be the best solution.
3-13 16:16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules