Costa Rica

pls see other vsn
3-11 11:48
Use props
trddddr
lvl.1
Flight distance : 61729 ft
Costa Rica

Hi, does anyone have any other ideas on how to get the Mac to recognise the C5?I've watched every YouTube video and read every article that I could find on the issue.
I really want to use Liftoff to get some flying practice in, after crashing my last two drones.
I have used the USB-C to USB-A dongle, and every sequence in starting/connecting software and hardware that I can think of.
The C5 is charging through the wire, but according to the Mac's System Report, nothing is connected.
I've tried all the same things on my MacBook Air M2.
Tearing what little hair I have left out with this issue.
Thanks in advance.
3-11 11:48
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Hi, there. You can do this as follows:
1. Download OpenMTP: https://openmtp.ganeshrvel.com/
2. Go to Finder > Downloads, double-click on the downloaded OpenMTP dmg image, then drag OpenMTP to Application.
3. Go to Finder > Applications, find OpenMTP, then open OpenMTP.
4. Turn on the controller and connect the controller to the Mac with a USB cable so that OpenMTP can discover the controller.
5. Drag files from the controller to a directory on the computer to copy files to the computer.In addition, you sent two repeated posts, which we will delete, please note

3-11 20:09
Use props
trddddr
lvl.1
Costa Rica

Hi DJI Susan,
Thanks for reaching out. I did the steps up to #4.
Unfortunately steam/Liftoff are still not seeing (showing/discovering?) the controller.
I just installed the DJI Assistant and updated the firmware, and now is appearing in my System Report as attached to a USB 3.1 port, which i'll take as a big win.

If you have any other ideas, I'd very much appreciate them - this is really out of my wheelhouse.

Thanks, Alex
3-13 09:52
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

trddddr Posted at 3-13 09:52
Hi DJI Susan,
Thanks for reaching out. I did the steps up to #4.
Unfortunately steam/Liftoff are still not seeing (showing/discovering?) the controller.

Hello.You can do this as follows:
1. Go to the DJI official website product page or the download center and find the corresponding download page. Here is the link: https://www.dji.com/uk/downloads
2. Find the DMG file/PKG file under the Apple logo.
3. Click “Download” to check the download progress in real-time from the “downloading items” on the browser.
4. Click the installation package for installation. At this point, if the Mac OS system has not been enabled to allow the third-party application installation permit, the following information appears:
5. If the above prompt appears, please go to “System Preferences” and “Security & Privacy”.
6. At the bottom of “Security & Privacy”, click “Allow”.
7. At this point, enter the software installation process and follow the prompts to complete the installation.
8. After finishing the software installation and resolving the HoRNDIS drive issue, DJI Assistant 2 works.
3-17 22:40
Use props
trddddr
lvl.1
Costa Rica

Hi. I really appreciate your help but it doesn't appear to be working for me.
The "system preferences security and preferences" have changed entirely from what the instructions indicate, so I could not locate the indicated page to allow the software from Joshua Wise to run, or to know if it was blocked. Assistant 2 opens, but doesn't appear to work. No change in Open MPT not seeing the device.
I've done some research on the web and it appears that the C5 controller just doesn't work with Mac, so I've ordered and FPV controller.
Best, Alex
PS: I uploaded some stills to make sense of these issues here: https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fo/xxwo6vkcc6gqpnyvrawh2/h?rlkey=9hgowikj5gkaagtkwsswzmrcm&dl=0
3-18 09:00
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules