New to the DJI products and have questions
827 3 2014-12-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
browe
New

United States

I am very interested in purchasing one of these units but am confused with the differences and have a few questions.  I've seen some Youtube videos that talk about modifications to make them fly further and that very much interests me in addition to making the batteries last longer.  Based on the comparison charts the Phantom 2 Vision + with the ground station and waypoints looks really slick.

Can I use something like the Skyzone glasses so that when my head turns the camera turns?
Is it possible to stream the live video from the camera up to UStream?

Thanks,
Brian
2014-12-11
Use props
johnwarr
First Officer
Flight distance : 6467 ft
United Kingdom

No and No are the short answers to your questions.
2014-12-11
Use props
droneflyers.com
Second Officer
Flight distance : 60709 ft
  • >>>
United States

Batteries will not last any longer. Range can be slightly tweaked, but the existing range is long enough for most any work. If you really want to fiddle with range and uploading video, you may want to get the Phantom 2 plain and then setup your own FPV, etc......

Short and sweet, the Vision+ is a ready to fly solution with more features than anything else in it's price range. Buying a regular P2 and then adding stuff to it will cost you almost twice as much....for a more difficult to use setup.

Here is how you can live stream - written by Eric who works for DJI, so you can be assured it works.
http://skypixel.org/post/87844495874
2014-12-11
Use props
gil
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1379308 ft
United States

The longer answer would include "how much money you got?" and then many things are possible.
2014-12-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules