302 6 3-11 14:56
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
adisaputra
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1110043 ft
Indonesia

Dear guys,

Can videos edited by LightCut be uploaded to YouTube? Doesn't it violate copyright? .

Thank you
3-11 14:56
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. For further inquiries about the LightCut app, you can contact them by tapping “Settings” in the top right-hand corner and selecting “Contact us”.You can also send an email to this email address: lightcutapp@gmail.com. Have a great day.
3-13 02:40
Use props
adisaputra
lvl.4
Indonesia

DJI Tony Posted at 3-13 02:40
Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. For further inquiries about the LightCut app, you can contact them by tapping “Settings” in the top right-hand corner and selecting “Contact us”.You can also send an email to this email address: . Have a great day.

Thank you very much
3-13 03:17
Use props
HGDC84
Captain
Finland

When I uploaded a video made with LightCut on YouTube, I used one of the background music clips the app offers for use. Using that resulted in YouTube stating that it had detected copyrighted material, but it also stated that the owner of the copyright of the song has given the permission to use the song on YouTube.

So my guess is that by itself, you don't break any copyright rules as far as the owner of the copyright has given you a permission to use the song on your videos. However, this means there might be some caveats in it. First of all, in these cases the copyright owner can possibly adjust how much advertisement is shown on your video and they can collect some royalties on the ads shown. Also, at least in theoretically, they could revoke that permission later if they feel so, meaning you may have to later change the audio track or remove the video. I also suspect the permission is partially dependant on your use and purpose of the video. If it is for non-profit use, then likely you may use it free without further problems for the time being, but if your use is for commercial purposes then you may need to ask for a permission from the copyright owner(s) and possibly pay some royalty fees in order to use the music in your video.

So to play it safe, I do think the DJI Tony's suggestion on contacting the LightCut representatives could be your best bet. I've had no problems so far with it, but this probably is based on a case-by-case basis.
3-15 07:32
Use props
adisaputra
lvl.4
Indonesia

HGDC84 Posted at 3-15 07:32
When I uploaded a video made with LightCut on YouTube, I used one of the background music clips the app offers for use. Using that resulted in YouTube stating that it had detected copyrighted material, but it also stated that the owner of the copyright of the song has given the permission to use the song on YouTube.

So my guess is that by itself, you don't break any copyright rules as far as the owner of the copyright has given you a permission to use the song on your videos. However, this means there might be some caveats in it. First of all, in these cases the copyright owner can possibly adjust how much advertisement is shown on your video and they can collect some royalties on the ads shown. Also, at least in theoretically, they could revoke that permission later if they feel so, meaning you may have to later change the audio track or remove the video. I also suspect the permission is partially dependant on your use and purpose of the video. If it is for non-profit use, then likely you may use it free without further problems for the time being, but if your use is for commercial purposes then you may need to ask for a permission from the copyright owner(s) and possibly pay some royalty fees in order to use the music in your video.

Ooh, thank you very much, very clear explanation.
3-15 12:32
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

You are always welcome. Please don't hesitate to reach us if you have any other concerns. Have a great day ahead.
3-16 01:38
Use props
HGDC84
Captain
Finland

adisaputra Posted at 3-15 12:32
Ooh, thank you very much, very clear explanation.

Glad to hear I was able to help Happy filming!
3-16 07:23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules