Shortcut: Automatically Increase Brightness/Volume upon opening App!
274 0 3-11 19:41
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Micro SC
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2099377 ft

United States

As an RC-N1 user, being used with my Mini 2, it goes without saying that I'm using my phone in concert with the N1 to view the drone's live camera preview, metrics, etc.  However, a connumdrum I often find myself in is that before flight, I have to adjust all these settings on my iPhone so as to make everything more visible and audible during flight,(e.g. increasing screen brightness and media volume to 100 and turning off low power mode off to prioritize screen nits over battery life) so I feel like I have more control over my flight because I can see and hear everything.

But having to always go change these settings in control center and/or setting before each of my flights was getting kind of annoying, especially when I need to get up in the air as quickly as possible to capture something.  So I figured out a way to have my iPhone do it for me every time I open DJI Fly using my iPhone's in-built "Shortcuts" app!  This shortcut I made works with any drone app you're using though, or any app on the iPhone, for that matter.

If that sounded interesting to you, consider the following text as a tutorial on how to set up this nifty time-conserving automation for your own iPhone!

INSTRUCTIONS ON HOW TO SET UP THE AUTOMATION

First, launch Shortcuts on your iPhone.  You may need to download it from the App Store if it isn't pre-installed.) In "Shortcuts," there's gonna be three seperate tabs on the bottom of the screen that say "Shortcuts", "Automation", and "Gallery."  Select Automation.

In the Automation tab, select "+" found on the top right of the screen to create your first automation.  (We'll need two seperate automations in total: One that is programmed to run when the app is opened and another that's programmed to run once you close the app. The App-Close automation is needed becauses it'll change your iPhone back to it's "regular" settings.) I'm using DJI FLY as our example app.

In the search bar, type the word: "App" and select 'App.' Check ONLY the "Is Opened" option and select "Run immediately" so that your iPhone doesn't bug you for a confirmation every time the automation is programmed to run.  Under "App", choose your drone's control app.  I'll be selecting DJI Fly.

Hit "next." It should say at the top: When "[DJI Fly]" is opened...select New Blank Automation.  In that workspace, select Add Action.

Search for "Low Power Mode" and select Set Low Power Mode and set it so that it turns OFF when the app is opened. This is the 1st setting that the iPhone will change when this automation is ran.

The second thing we wanna do is search for "Brightness" and select Set Brightness. It defaults to 50%. Set it to 100%. This means that my phone will go to 100% brightness as soon as I open DJI Fly.

The third thing we wanna do is search for "Volume" and select Set Volume. It defaults to "Media Volume" and 50% loudness. Set it to 90%. Don't change Media Volume, keep it as it is.

THEN, THIS IS IMPORTANT BECAUSE YOU DON'T WANT TO GET BUGGED BY EMAILS AND APPS WHILE IN FLIGHT.

Leave Shortcuts.  Enter SETTINGS.  GO to the Focus tab Create a new CUSTOM focus and name it "Drone," or whatever you wanna call it.

Allow the people you don't mind getting notifications from even mid-flight(family members, idk.) Same with apps, allow notifications from crucial ones however you see fit. Keep "Smart Activation" off. Wallpapers, doesn't matter.

Now leave settings and back into Shortcuts. Search for "Set Focus" and select that Drone focus you JUST made and make sure that focus turns ON when you open the app.  Set: "Until turned off"

NOW... It's time to make a new automaiton that runs when you CLOSE your drone app. Lemme just make this next part quick since you now know how to create automations!

When [DJI Fly] is closed: Set brightness to 60%.  Set media volume to 40%. Turn drone focus off. Stop shortcut. You can tweak these settings to your liking

That's how you save time when you open the app and wanna get in the air as quick as possible.  Hopefully this information was useful to you! If so, please like or comment on this post, I would love your feedback Attatched are screenshots that show you what it the automation should generally look like. Happy flying

The 2 automations and their commands.

The 2 automations and their commands.
IMG_0813.PNG

Commands for the App-open automation

Commands for the App-open automation

Commands for the App-close automation

Commands for the App-close automation

SELECT the correct drone app!

SELECT the correct drone app!
3-11 19:41
Use props
Advanced