Right of privacy
401 23 3-11 20:56
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
howardlawman194
lvl.2

United States

I anyone concerned about the fed requirement of this rfid chip? It seems to me to be a patent invasion of privacy. It's like the fed demand to know where we're doing something at all times? If that was required to be used on my car so they'll know exactly where I'm driving at all times, there is no way I would allow it. Any thought? No one is required to register guns, but we must register drones. Really?
3-11 20:56
Use props
TonyPHX
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 11229610 ft
  • >>>
United States

You really have to learn how to troll better than that.
3-11 21:53
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Yes.  It's extremely concerning.  
3-12 01:51
Use props
CloudVisual
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 97545420 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

RID is a terrible thing and can only end badly for the drone user. What surprises me is that America is one of the few countries to legally require this, which appears to be a 'freedom' you're being forced to give up.
3-12 10:33
Use props
Mobilehomer
First Officer
Flight distance : 18135846 ft
United States

CloudVisual Posted at 3-12 10:33
RID is a terrible thing and can only end badly for the drone user. What surprises me is that America is one of the few countries to legally require this, which appears to be a 'freedom' you're being forced to give up.

Check the latest EU regs. UK soon to follow.
3-12 11:17
Use props
CloudVisual
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Mobilehomer Posted at 3-12 11:17
Check the latest EU regs. UK soon to follow.

EU and UK are not the same thing any longer. The EU can do what they like, it doesn't affect us.

The CAA sent out a consultation to all drone operators to gather opinion on RID, which we all banded together to make it very clear about our hatred of the system.
3-12 11:30
Use props
Mobilehomer
First Officer
United States

CloudVisual Posted at 3-12 11:30
EU and UK are not the same thing any longer. The EU can do what they like, it doesn't affect us.

The CAA sent out a consultation to all drone operators to gather opinion on RID, which we all banded together to make it very clear about our hatred of the system.

I know the difference. But do you think the CAA will listen?
3-12 11:41
Use props
CloudVisual
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Mobilehomer Posted at 3-12 11:41
I know the difference. But do you think the CAA will listen?

They're in a better position to make their own decision without the EU doing what they're doing, but my guess is that all they need to do is conspire with a couple of eco protestors to cause several coordinated airport shutdowns with drones and it'll be brought straight in.

DJI updated their flysafe system last month to allow their drones to take off at airports with nothing more than a warning zone checkbox, no credit card on file or internet connection, so the means to this are all being put in place.

*Tinfoil hat off*
3-12 11:52
Use props
Johnnokomis
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 13349895 ft
  • >>>
United States

I say put an RFID chip in them all. We already put them in our wallets, pets and power tools. What's the harm in one more inside my drone? So you are fine with carrying a much more efficient tracking device in your pocket at all times but an RFID chip in your car is where you draw the line..? Of course it's election year so the gun comparisons always get made. When's the last time a drone purchase included a background check and was subject to a 3 day waiting period? This is one of the worst troll attempts I've seen in a while.
3-12 18:06
Use props
TonyPHX
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

Johnnokomis Posted at 3-12 18:06
I say put an RFID chip in them all. We already put them in our wallets, pets and power tools. What's the harm in one more inside my drone? So you are fine with carrying a much more efficient tracking device in your pocket at all times but an RFID chip in your car is where you draw the line..? Of course it's election year so the gun comparisons always get made. When's the last time a drone purchase included a background check and was subject to a 3 day waiting period? This is one of the worst troll attempts I've seen in a while.

Agreed.  Low quality, uninspired trolling!
3-13 07:46
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. Remote Identification (RID) is a function that allows drones to provide identification and location information that can be received by third parties during flight. To better monitor and manage drones, the U.S. government requires in FAA regulations that drones be provided with the RID function. For users, not only the weight of the drone but also the purpose of the flight is considered during compliance assessment. Users do not need to register the drone or comply with the RID regulations only if they fly a drone that weighs no more than 250 g purely for entertainment purposes. If the users fly the drone for commercial purposes, they must register the drone and comply with RID regulations even if the drone weighs no more than 250 g. If you have further inquiries, feel free to contact us. We appreciate your understanding.
3-13 23:50
Use props
howardlawman194
lvl.2

United States

DJI Paladin Posted at 3-13 23:50
Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. Remote Identification (RID) is a function that allows drones to provide identification and location information that can be received by third parties during flight. To better monitor and manage drones, the U.S. government requires in FAA regulations that drones be provided with the RID function. For users, not only the weight of the drone but also the purpose of the flight is considered during compliance assessment. Users do not need to register the drone or comply with the RID regulations only if they fly a drone that weighs no more than 250 g purely for entertainment purposes. If the users fly the drone for commercial purposes, they must register the drone and comply with RID regulations even if the drone weighs no more than 250 g. If you have further inquiries, feel free to contact us. We appreciate your understanding.

I'm going to pass on getting that chip. If the government said I need to get a chip put in my arm so they'll always know where I am, I would tell them to stick it where the sun don't shine. That's an obvious invasion of my privacy.  Think about it. With all the gun massacres we read about in the news every day, has anyone suggested a chip in each handgun and rifle so murderers could be caught more easily? Hell no. That might infringe on peoples' 2d Amendment rights. Nonsense. Let 'em lock me up or fine me. I'll gladly see them in court. 1984 is here.
3-14 00:05
Use props
Johnnokomis
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

howardlawman194 Posted at 3-14 00:05
I'm going to pass on getting that chip. If the government said I need to get a chip put in my arm so they'll always know where I am, I would tell them to stick it where the sun don't shine. That's an obvious invasion of my privacy.  Think about it. With all the gun massacres we read about in the news every day, has anyone suggested a chip in each handgun and rifle so murderers could be caught more easily? Hell no. That might infringe on peoples' 2d Amendment rights. Nonsense. Let 'em lock me up or fine me. I'll gladly see them in court. 1984 is here.

Since hammers are responsible for more homicides than firearms would you suggest a chip in those as well?
has anyone suggested a chip in each handgun

No, no they haven't because that's a horrible idea. Nobody want's RFID microwaves interfering with their glow site. Do youself a favor and YouTube what RFID signals do when placed anywhere near gunpowder.
3-14 10:33
Use props
Mobilehomer
First Officer
United States

Really behind the times, aren't you. Firearm chips have been suggested for the past thirty or so years. Stoopid idea. Quick and sure punishment for the CRIMINAL!! NOT THE LAW-ABIDING CITIZEN!!
3-14 11:31
Use props
howardlawman194
lvl.2

United States

Mobilehomer Posted at 3-14 11:31
Really behind the times, aren't you. Firearm chips have been suggested for the past thirty or so years. Stoopid idea. Quick and sure punishment for the CRIMINAL!! NOT THE LAW-ABIDING CITIZEN!!

" Firearm chips have been suggested for the past thirty or so years. Stoopid idea". Sure, gun control laws haven't been passed because poiticians have been sucking on the teets of the NRA for decades. Sure, Who cares if assault rifles are capable of destroying hundreds of lives at one time, But, oh, we MUST be careful of those killer drones. BS!
3-14 12:24
Use props
Mobilehomer
First Officer
United States

howardlawman194 Posted at 3-14 12:24
" Firearm chips have been suggested for the past thirty or so years. Stoopid idea". Sure, gun control laws haven't been passed because poiticians have been sucking on the teets of the NRA for decades. Sure, Who cares if assault rifles are capable of destroying hundreds of lives at one time, But, oh, we MUST be careful of those killer drones. BS!

Never in history has any weapon, of its own volition, ever killed anyone. It takes a person. And you have forgotten that the NRA represents many millions of people, better than the elected officials.
3-14 14:42
Use props
TonyPHX
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

I agree with Mobilehomer.  Heck, even the Death Star required an operator to push the button that fired the mega-laser.  And don't tell me that is futuristic technology because we all know that it happened a long time ago.
3-15 07:06
Use props
Johnnokomis
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

" Firearm chips have been suggested for the past thirty or so years. Stoopid idea". Sure, gun control laws haven't been passed because poiticians have been sucking on the teets of the NRA for decades. Sure, Who cares if assault rifles are capable of destroying hundreds of lives at one time, But, oh, we MUST be careful of those killer drones. BS!

Gun confiscation laws haven't been passed because the politicians you referenced wouldn't just be voted out of their position, they would be literally picked up and thrown out of their office. The NRA has nothing to do with that aspect. Where do you get your numbers from? There's never been a mass shooting in the US that took "hundreds of lives". You're just trying to gas light but cant even get your facts right.
3-15 08:58
Use props
LV_Forestry
First Officer
Flight distance : 4726654 ft
Latvia

" Firearm chips have been suggested for the past thirty or so years. Stoopid idea". Sure, gun control laws haven't been passed because poiticians have been sucking on the teets of the NRA for decades. Sure, Who cares if assault rifles are capable of destroying hundreds of lives at one time, But, oh, we MUST be careful of those killer drones. BS!

Are you serious? That's the most moronic statement I've ever heard. That's like saying we should outlaw brunettes and give red heads a chance to flourish.
3-15 09:18
Use props
howardlawman194
lvl.2

United States

Mobilehomer Posted at 3-14 14:42
Never in history has any weapon, of its own volition, ever killed anyone. It takes a person. And you have forgotten that the NRA represents many millions of people, better than the elected officials.

That's the most moronic statement I've ever heard. By your logic, any "law-abiding citizen" should be able to own a nuke, right? Nukes only go off if a person pushes the trigger. Seriously?
3-15 12:15
Use props
Mobilehomer
First Officer
United States

howardlawman194 Posted at 3-15 12:15
That's the most moronic statement I've ever heard. By your logic, any "law-abiding citizen" should be able to own a nuke, right? Nukes only go off if a person pushes the trigger. Seriously?

Let's go brandon!! My statement is 100% TRUE!!! You are an idiot!!
3-15 12:44
Use props
howardlawman194
lvl.2

United States

Mobilehomer Posted at 3-15 12:44
Let's go brandon!! My statement is 100% TRUE!!! You are and idiot!!

Can't discuss things rationally. Just resort to name calling? Then YOU'RE the idiot.
3-15 13:07
Use props
Mobilehomer
First Officer
United States

howardlawman194 Posted at 3-15 13:07
Can't discuss things rationally. Just resort to name calling? Then YOU'RE the idiot.

Can't discuss rationally? That would be YOU.
3-15 14:18
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

I'm going to pass on getting that chip. If the government said I need to get a chip put in my arm so they'll always know where I am, I would tell them to stick it where the sun don't shine. That's an obvious invasion of my privacy.  Think about it. With all the gun massacres we read about in the news every day, has anyone suggested a chip in each handgun and rifle so murderers could be caught more easily? Hell no. That might infringe on peoples' 2d Amendment rights. Nonsense. Let 'em lock me up or fine me. I'll gladly see them in court. 1984 is here.

Thank you for your response and we totally understand your opinion. Please note that as drone manufacturers, we are abiding by the laws and regulations of each country to implement a safe flight. Should you have other inquiries, feel free to contact us. We appreciate your understanding.
3-16 03:48
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules